PDA

View Full Version : Where did you meet your Valentine?

Dietrich
02-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Seeing as it`s Valentines Day I thought it might be interesting to find out where you met yours.When I first met Helen,they had her wrestling mules at the state fair.I figured any woman who could bulldog a mule was someone I needed to talk to.Then things just kind of fell into place.How did you meet yours?

ripley16
02-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Where did you meet your Valentine?

My Honey Bunny and I went to the same church. I played softball for the church team and she kept score. We went to different colleges, but dated long distance for three years. We were married soon after I graduated...she still had a year to go.

34 years last December.

zena
02-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Being fun-sized, but built like a brick (as some of you will remember from previous posts) I was out-lifting my considerably larger future sweetheart. Must have been impressive like Dietrich's mule-wrestling Helen. 19 years ago.:bump2:

jfrey
02-14-2010, 07:55 AM
My wife and I actually went on our first date (lunch) 20 years ago today. We actually met at a Christmas party the year before. She got me to dance with her while my date that night was in the restroom.

johnh
02-14-2010, 08:09 AM
The Mrs. and I worked together and got to be best friends. When she moved away we realized there was more to it. She soon moved back and has stuck around for nearly 20 years.

My daughter is my other Valentine as today is her birthday. When the adoption agency called to tell me they had found us a girl, the case worker told me her birthday was February 14. Typical male, I did not even think about it being Valentines day until my wife pointed it out! :D

John

mx5fan
02-14-2010, 08:20 AM
We actually met, 11 years ago, while I was spending some time in Australia...go figure. One year later my honey was fortunate enough to be able to get a green card, the rest is history, as they say.

Talk about a long distance relationship!

Ol'coot
02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I met my sweetheart the first day of school my sophomore year she was a freshman, we dated through out high School and then married after I return home from my Army basic and advanced training in 1972. We have been married 37 years last November and she is still my sweetheart and my best friend.

Bigcube
02-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Still waiting :(

Raoul
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I was splitting the rent with my Valentine's best friend. I moved in, she hung out, 32 years later....here we are.

Vinikahr
02-14-2010, 04:47 PM
:80: 14 years ago!

GregD
02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I met Bette when she was 14yrs old, I was 35, no just joking, we dated for several years and married in 1969, she was 17, I was 18. It will be 41 years on June 6th. She is still my best friend and sweetie pie. She can be a little mean at times, cajun blood, but she keeps me in line, kinda like it . She weighed 92 lbs and wore a double D, kinda feel in lust and then love. I guess that was too much information.

Bawanna
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I met Bette when she was 14yrs old, I was 35, no just joking, we dated for several years and married in 1969, she was 17, I was 18. It will be 41 years on June 6th. She is still my best friend and sweetie pie. She can be a little mean at times, cajun blood, but she keeps me in line, kinda like it . She weighed 92 lbs and wore a double D, kinda feel in lust and then love. I guess that was too much information.

Wow!:w00t: I mean interesting. Thats what we do here is share information. Any old photos to share. I know I know Jocko, pervert. It's just visual information.

jkalantzis
02-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I met my sweetheart 14 years 11 months 10 days 6 hours 42 min 31 seconds ago sitting in English class my junior year. I knew she was the one for me. She is busy raising our three wonderful children who are 8, 4, and 2. I could have never asked for a better person to be a part of my life. I am thankful she also loves guns.

wyntrout
02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I can remember my sweetheart's face when I first saw her. She looked a bit like a deer in the headlights after flying in from the States and her sponsor brought her from the Frankfurt/Rhein-Main Airport straight to the Zweibrücken Command Post, where I was on duty. Within a few days, I wound up taking her and her sponsor out to let her taste some of the local cuisine. We had a little group that liked fine eating -- German and especially French. It wasn't dating, per se, but sometimes it was just my best buddy, his wife, and my wife-to-be, and I going out to eat. It was 14 months before I got around to asking for a real date, and I felt like a shy, love-sick teenager(at 38, and she was 28). I was shaking when I went to pick her up for that first date.
That made being in Europe a lot more fun having someone to share travel with. She had a two year tour and came back to the States in June '85 to work in the command post at McGuire AFB -- home of Air Force One and all. I visited her in August and proposed, and thankfully, she accepted.
When I got back to Germany I saved up some money and went to Antwerp where I bought her diamond and had a ring hand made while I waited.
I returned from Germany the end of February '86 and after a few days we drove out to Colorado and got married -- 24 years next month.
She's a great lady and I'm so lucky to have her... especially since she went back to work , finally using her degrees in Psychology and Sociology, and I do everything else, I've always been the cook and I've learned to cook all of the gourmet meals we used to get at good restaurants. We still go out a few times a month but since she works evenings and has two-day breaks, I only have to cook real meals maybe twice a week. It works for us. We'll be out of debt again by the end of the month, except for the mortgage.
Yes, a perfect match -- she works, and I sit here shopping on the internet and chatting with you guys. I know that I'm extremely lucky, and I can't wait until the next Gun Show! She's okay with me getting another gun for my birthday. Sigh. I sure love her!:cheer2:
Wynn:D
Sorry, I get carried away!:blushing:

GregD
02-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Wow!:w00t: I mean interesting. Thats what we do here is share information. Any old photos to share. I know I know Jocko, pervert. It's just visual information.

I wish I had some of those old polariod photos from back in 60's . LOL
(jail material)

dirksterg30
02-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I met my wonderful wife at church about 9 years ago.

wyntrout
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I wish I had some of those old polariod photos from back in 60's . LOL
(jail material)
Okay. I do have a picture of a picture of a "Polaroid" I can show you. We had a Kodak "Instant picture camera" that was nice until Polaroid shut that down by winning their lawsuit. Anyhow, I can show THIS one, not the other cherished momentoes of our more "youthful" and romantic days. Settle down, now, we're both very clothed, but it was neat that I got to swear my wife in for re-enlistment once before I retired in 1988. We took one shot with the Kodak "not-a-Polaroid" and several with my 35mm SLR. The dang photo-processor "ruined" the film and this is all we have to remember the occasion. That's why this is a photo of a photo.:o
The photo doesn't do her justice and 20 plus years hasn't helped me at all. It ain't funny! One of these days you'll be complaining about how your hair on top of your head is disappearing and you're experiencing a bumper crop or growth in places you wished it wouldn't... of course, your vision kind of gets worse and keeps you from noticing the change so much... until someone takes your picture and you see some old fart standing there where you were in the picture. Well, enough complaining and introduction. Here we were around 1987 early 1988.<Sigh>:rolleyes:
Wynn

GregD
02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice !

GregD
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Bette and I, June 6, 1969.

wyntrout
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Nice photo, too. Almost 41 years! Fantastic. Both of us are on our second marriage... and the last -- 24 years next month.:cheer2:
Wynn:)

My first wife ('70-'82) and I didn't get along together, but we're good friends and family when together. I send her my books as I read them. She likes the same stuff.
A good joke when we're out together is something about me being there with my "wives". That gets me a punch in the arm from my Ex and a "glare" -- one of those looks from my wife. I like to live dangerously!:D

noslolo
02-15-2010, 11:37 PM
17 years ago I met my wife to be at my job, we were both new hires and we were in the same training. Still at that same job, still with that same women!

cincinnatijim
02-16-2010, 04:43 AM
I met my Valentine in January 1959 while helping build Kermac Nuclear Fuels refinery at Ambrosia Lake, New Mexico. Things clicked. We married in March, I was 20 and she was 16. A couple of years later we started a family. Valentine's day a few days back was wonderful. The magic is still there.

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Great! And I'm glad that the nookular:eek: stuff didn't prevent you from starting a family.
Wynn:)

Bawanna
02-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Bette and I, June 6, 1969.

Wow, you blew your identity dude. Glen Cambell on KahrTalk. Nice pic, not exactly the information I was hoping for but really nice just the same.:rolleyes:

SHOOTER13
02-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I was standing in a neighborhood bar when she came in with a bunch of friends celebrating her one friends birthday...April 20, 1984. We hit it off right away...as she was in the Army ( joined 1977 ) and I worked for the DoD ( joined 1977 ). We all left the bar, and I was asked if I wanted to go to the birthday girls house...to continue the celebration. I wound up cookin' breakfast for the 5 girls as evening turned to morning. We got married exactly one year later...on her friends birthday...on Sanibel Island, FL...below the lighthouse on the beach @ sunrise. A guy surf fishin' took some wedding photos of us and the preacher.

This April 20th will be our 25th anniversary...!!

Time flies when you're havin' fun !! ;)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/Gunnutz13/avatars/BEV/32auburn.jpg

Bawanna
02-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Nice! And the cars not half bad either.

SHOOTER13
02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
That's an original '32 Auburn convertable with rumble seat...one of her sisters/brother-in-laws cars...that include a Excaliber, a Bentley, a few Vettes, Mercedes, etc. They have at least ten different classics...

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback McNabb now resides in her "old mansion" in Delran, NJ. The picture of my wife and that car was taken by me on that property before it was sold to McNabb.

Bawanna
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I have to read this as I'm eating my peanut butter sandwich for lunch at my desk. Your a lucky guy. I'm really not jealous, well maybe a bit, but having a bit of trouble breathing, that money smell in my nose and all. I'd like to experience it (money) once before I cross the river just to see what it's like.:cheer2: