PDA

View Full Version : My TP45 after being attacked

PostalGlockn
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Attacked by a hacksaw and Dremel.

Took it down to P45 grip. The 7 round mag with extention has a bigger gap then I would like but I had to take it down that mush to get the 6rder to seat properly.

I love the way it feels now. :D I left some of the backstrap and rounded the front of the dust cover. What do you think?

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu147/PostalGlockn/Knives/Guns/002-1.jpg (http://s642.photobucket.com/user/PostalGlockn/media/Knives/Guns/002-1.jpg.html)

Mr. S
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I like that alot.
I have always thought the P45 had the perfect size grip.I also feel that the grip on the TP45 is too long so this makes perfect sense to me.

dkmatthews
04-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Looks like you're handy with the tools, PostalGlockn. I'm pretty happy with the grip on my TP45, but I guess that's because I've never held a P45 to make the comparison. It's good that you have the means and the wherewithal to make it how you want it. On the other hand, some might ask why you didn't just find a P45 and make a trade...

jlottmc
04-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Nice work.

Mike_B
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Have you thought about making the mags black so the gap would be less noticeable? Bluing? I wish I was confident enough to try something like that. Good work there!

Kahr could take a lesson from you on the backstrap being even with the bottom of the mag.....

PostalGlockn
04-18-2012, 04:54 PM
On the other hand, some might ask why you didn't just find a P45 and make a trade...

I really like the longer 4" barrel to ring what velocity I can out of the .45

I ran across a nice deal on the used TP. I ran 80 rounds of ball thru it without a single hicup and decided to keep it but felt the grip stuck out farther than I preferred. I can get a 4 finger grip on the P45 and felt I would enjoy the TP more with the shorter grip.

I am looking at doing some polymer or epoxy build-up to fill in the gap on the extended.

jocko
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
the flush mag looks so so nice compared to the extended mag. Bu aother flush fit and send the mags off to a refinished and get um blued or blackened finsih and u have a super gun. I notice on the top of the slide it is just palin and loney looking a nice Magna port job would realy send that gun on its way. Just sayin. Jeepster ask me to tellu this as I don['t believe in porting guns, as the membership will verify.

Nice gun, nice work, IMO fokk that extended mag, stay flush, drink alot.

PostalGlockn
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, the extended will just be used as a spare.

I am looking for another 6 round with ext. grip mag (K645G) if anyone has an extra. I swapped the mag base between the 6 and 7 rounder.

WI carrier
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
i like it too, a better conceal size:target:

ripley16
04-22-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm one of the people that yapped about doing this but chickened out. Looks like you did a nice job. It all makes perfect sense... ideal grip size on a slightly longer barrel.

wombat338
04-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Very nice. I had Robar do the same sort of thing with my TP45, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to leave the backstrap a little longer. Good touch. My next chopped Kahr (a P45), will be a DIY chop -- I'll try doing it that way.

csman22
04-24-2012, 02:17 PM
looks good. I may have to do that to a TP9. I want a P model...but the P45 is the only one that fits my hand ...the p9 is just too small. Plus...the TP is cheeper than the P...so...again, nice work...I may have to do this.

PostalGlockn
04-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Added picture of homemade mag extention to first post.

dkmatthews
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
why isnt anyone being honest with him? Its a good idea but the cutting job isnt that good. Might be better to have a a pro do that for you.

Gee, that's pretty harsh. I've got some quotes for ya...

* Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
* One man's trash is another man's treasure.
* Don't judge another until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
* Don't ever make fun of someone's dream. People that don't have dreams don't have much.
* Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and they all stink.

jocko
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
the comment was way off base, really no need for it either,. what did it really prove??? and IMO the job he did was extremely good and that is being honest. Had he posted the photo and NO ONE REPLIED then I think a negative message to his work would have been sent.

I personally don't compliment people on what I think is bad work, saying nothing is my way of saying "no comment". For ur 3rd post Devious, u have started out well. Just sayin

Tinman507
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I liked it and I think it took serious cajones to attempt it.
For sure I don't have the courage to try it.

While we're on compliments, Jocko your last post was well written and legible.
:eek:

jocko
05-01-2012, 06:55 PM
well tank u tinman, I try. sometimes my cajones are lined up correectly with the moon and the stars and things just turn out great. Just sayin.

PostalGlockn
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
"Might be better to have a a pro do that for you."

Maybe, Robar charges $300 for grip shortening. I just payed a touch more than that for the gun.

My second attempt at a mag extention has turned out even better. Will have to get pics once I color it.

VN Vet
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I carry my TP45 in a custom shoulder holster made by Black Hills Leather. https://blackhillsleather.com/ The length of the grip lets me grab my pistol a little bit easier.

This is my carry rig for cold weather carry. The Black Hills Rig and the Kahr PT45 is so comfortable to carry.