PDA

View Full Version : Proud New Owner!

motojoe
02-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Just picked up a CW9 this week and love it. Took it out to the range yesterday and ran 170 rounds through it with not one failure, the only thing it fail at was to fail..... I ran 1 box of Winchester White Box, 1 box of Federal, 1 box of Remington UMC, and 1 box of Hornady TAP..... It is now my carry weapon. I ordered a Supertuck for it about 2 weeks ago and it came in the same day I picked up the gun. Great combination..... :yo:

unclenunzie
02-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Congratulations on acquiring and proofing a fine carry weapon. I have the PM9 and a similar flawless experience. In fact it is on my waist now, comfortably concealed :)

Welcome aboard,

unclenunzie

jocko
02-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Just picked up a CW9 this week and love it. Took it out to the range yesterday and ran 170 rounds through it with not one failure, the only thing it fail at was to fail..... I ran 1 box of Winchester White Box, 1 box of Federal, 1 box of Remington UMC, and 1 box of Hornady TAP..... It is now my carry weapon. I ordered a Supertuck for it about 2 weeks ago and it came in the same day I picked up the gun. Great combination..... :yo:

is the norm with kahrs today, not an anolomy, If you stick around here long enough, you will find your results are the same as 99% of the owners of new kahrs. Nice gun, now just shoot it like you stole it. Definitely reard the manual and then when done reread it again. there are some helpful reliability tips in that manual....

rkirk
02-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Welcome the CW9 is a terrific pistol. My first outing was the same.

-- Richard

shloopter
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I just took mine out for the first time also. Same results. nervous about putting some reloads through it but it handled 100 rounds of it just fine. I shot another 50 Federal with no problems. I love this thing. Now I want to accessorize.

Dietrich
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
A Kahr handgun and a Crossbreed holster to carry it in.You are now what I call well-dressed. Welcome to the forum.

Dietrich
02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I just took mine out for the first time also. Same results. nervous about putting some reloads through it but it handled 100 rounds of it just fine. I shot another 50 Federal with no problems. I love this thing. Now I want to accessorize.
Same welcome goes to you too.If there is anything you have a question about,the folks here will find the answer for you.

jfrey
02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the family of happy CW9 owners. The count is growing on a daily basis.
Congradulations on a great choice.

noslolo
02-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Congrats on your new purchase, I've had my cw40 for a couple of weeks but due to the weather and my work schedule I haven't been able to fire it. The Kahr has replaced my EDC gun and I'm on edge about not having made it to the range yet. I have other handguns but they are all full sized and I have no full sized holsters. Kudos to you for getting to the range so promptly. I hope I can make it as well in the coming week.

In-Yo-Grill
02-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Congrats on your new purchase, I've had my cw40 for a couple of weeks but due to the weather and my work schedule I haven't been able to fire it. The Kahr has replaced my EDC gun and I'm on edge about not having made it to the range yet. I have other handguns but they are all full sized and I have no full sized holsters. Kudos to you for getting to the range so promptly. I hope I can make it as well in the coming week.

No offense but even as reliable as my Kahr's are I don't know that I would carry a gun without getting it out to the range first. You need to have 100% confidence in you equipment and I don't know how that can happen until you have spent some quality time shooting it.

That being said I've been real happy with my CW9 and am going to hit the range today to try and break-in my wife's new P380 and will take the CW9 to put more rounds through her as well.

noslolo
02-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Thats why I'm on edge, I also always have a knife and if it didn't fire I would have a very pricey club:( But I just found out that I will have a couple of days off this week, so it looks like I will get to fire it:) problem solved.

wyntrout
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Down here in Florida we can get to looking a little lumpy if we avail ourselves of all the allowed concealed weapons -- stun gun, collapsible baton, knife, spray, and so forth -- Dang! I forgot my pistol!:D I forgot my wallet one day when I was going to a Doctor appointment. I keep a color copy of my ID's and permit in the vehicle. I grabbed that and was able to get by with the copy and a memorized credit card number.:D
Wynn

noslolo
02-15-2010, 10:30 AM
No doubt! Up here in the Laurel Highlands of PA we tend to wear a couple more layers of clothing. Lots of snow, lots of cold weather, lots of pockets:D

wyntrout
02-15-2010, 10:34 AM
We don't usually need all of those layers. it's almost 65 degrees outside and sunny, but rain is forecast and temps down to 27 tonight. What's with all of the snow and bad weather? Al Gore is MIA on Global Warming.:D
Wynn

rtrider
02-16-2010, 05:10 AM
I like mine so much, I dressed her up in a Hogue Jr., stainless recoil rod, grip extensions and trijicon sites for going out in the evening. Glad you found the forum, there's an endless supply of good info here.