PDA

View Full Version : cw45, back to the range

WI carrier
04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
i had some issues with my cw45 last week at the range.
1. slide stop kept backing out, never fell out but close
2. tulammo wouldn't feed well

so i took out the screw and cleaned up the spring area for the slide stop, reinstalled it with a little blue loctight, now when i disassemble it i have to pop it up with my knife tip, but it didn't back out during shooting.

next, i did a little hand polish job on the chamber, no power tools, just some flitz, only two ftf's, much better there. though i did have a lot of fail to lock opens after the last round. ran some remington's and had zero problems, 0 ftf's and locked open after last round everytime.:53:
running the tulammo gave me "clearing" practice. :D,i can shoot a lot more buying the cheap junk, but the American rounds are more fun.

this kahr has it's plus's, but it seems to make work harder to get things right, my cm9, on the other hand shoots the junk ammo as well as the good stuff.

jocko
04-18-2012, 06:32 PM
sometimes it is all about timeing in guns. the failure to lock open with tul ammo cold possable be under pwoered just enough to not be working the slide correctly. Being american barnad amo worked fine, then etiher acetp that issue with tul ammo or just shoot good brand ammo. I have issues in my K9 with tul ammo and never eith any other brand. It is cheap to buy, 98% of the tme it goes bang so I accpet a few glitchs for range foddoer. What u did on the slide stop spring was correct. More than likely it was to tight in the first placw which willnot allow that spring to properly lock the slide lever correctly in place, U did well. Not sure the locktite will do aygood in that area, as it just seems to work with steal on steel. That screw should be snug but never tighte asur screwing it in polymer so it will never get tight. But if all is well, then don't aqddress tat area again. just be more careful how u insert the side stop lever and u should not have ay issues.

Might just be me, but I would never fault any gun for not shootin steel cases , berdan primed foreign ammo.