PDA

View Full Version : P9 Barrel Scratched From Factory?

no_agenda
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a P9 w/ night sights, and absolutely love this gun, it is definitely my favority. When I first too it apart, I notice an excess of "gunk" in the barrel, like dried glue. I scrubbed it (with nylonbrush + solvent) and got most of the crap out, but noticed some impurities. I took it to the range (to break it in) and it shot 100% reliable and 100% accurate, but upon cleanin, the barrel is definitely scratched. It has numerous tiny scratches along the rifling. Will Kahr send me a new one? This gun is my BUG gun on-duty, and CCW off duty, so it would suck if I have to send the barrel in. Any suggestions?

Vinikahr
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a P9 w/ night sights, and absolutely love this gun, it is definitely my favority. When I first too it apart, I notice an excess of "gunk" in the barrel, like dried glue. I scrubbed it (with nylonbrush + solvent) and got most of the crap out, but noticed some impurities. I took it to the range (to break it in) and it shot 100% reliable and 100% accurate, but upon cleanin, the barrel is definitely scratched. It has numerous tiny scratches along the rifling. Will Kahr send me a new one? This gun is my BUG gun on-duty, and CCW off duty, so it would suck if I have to send the barrel in. Any suggestions?

I would not worry about it, if does not affect the function and reliability. But if does bother you contact Kahr to see what the say.

Welcome to the board.

jfrey
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
If it shoots all right, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. Are you sure it is scratches and not the chrome flaking off inside? The chrome is flaking off inside my barrel but Ian told me it was cosmetic and wouldn't hurt shooting of the pistol. He offered to replace it at any time but I am shooting it like it is for now since it isn't effecting the accuracy.

I have a rifle barrel that has a "spot" near the muzzle. I can put 3 rounds in virtually the same hole at 100 yds. so I don't worry about it.

jocko
02-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Personally I would leave it alone, the gun is functioning perfectly and shooting accurately. If you insist kahr will replace the barrel but you will have to send the barrel in to them. They won't send you a new barrel based upon ur findings. If it is indeed a bad barrel, they will replace it. Now you just have to ask yourself do you want to part with it for maybe two or 3 weeks and no total reassurance the next barrel is going to be as perfect as you feel it should be. I guess I need to inspect my barrels much closer. I tend to shoot um more than inspect them.