PDA

View Full Version : Good news from the doctor

O'Dell
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
It's been three months since the surgery and he's cleared me to shoot, sort of. He ask how much recoil my guns have, and I told him, no problem since I shoot mostly 45's with a few 40's thrown in. He didn't have a clue. I got my classic Combat Master back from the "new" Detonics factory in February, and now I can verify that they took care of the ejection problem. I know it's a collector gun, but it also must be a shooter. The rest of my pistols are trouble free.

Unfortunately, he still vetoes the motorcycle, so I'm stuck with the Prius and Corvette for now.

jocko
04-21-2012, 01:49 PM
do what the doc tells u, but shoot the gnbs like u stole um.

Barth
04-21-2012, 02:11 PM
It's been three months since the surgery and he's cleared me to shoot, sort of. He ask how much recoil my guns have, and I told him, no problem since I shoot mostly 45's with a few 40's thrown in. He didn't have a clue. I got my classic Combat Master back from the "new" Detonics factory in February, and now I can verify that they took care of the ejection problem. I know it's a collector gun, but it also must be a shooter. The rest of my pistols are trouble free.

Unfortunately, he still vetoes the motorcycle, so I'm stuck with the Prius and Corvette for now.

Stuck with the Corvette???
I'm having a hard time feeling your pain.

muggsy
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM

I know how painful it can be to be stuck driving, "just a Corvette". You poor thing. :rolleyes:

SpecK
04-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I know how painful it can be to be stuck driving, "just a Corvette". You poor thing. :rolleyes:

Im with Muggsy and Barth....better than the Prius....just sayin

Bawanna
04-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I had a fella one time let me look at his Corvette. Wouldn't let me sit in it or get too close but he let me look.

Tinman507
04-21-2012, 02:49 PM

you must feel so soiled after a cruise in the vette.

Barth
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I had a fella one time let me look at his Corvette. Wouldn't let me sit in it or get too close but he let me look.

A brave soul indeed.
I'm not so sure I would have been so reckless.

JFootin
04-21-2012, 04:29 PM
That's great to hear, O'Dell! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

jocko
04-21-2012, 05:03 PM

more than I would have let u do!! Just sayin.

Bill K
04-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Glad to read you're on the mend.

OldLincoln
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
That really is good news! Means you're healing right along and at least can shoot with the off hand once in a while. Does it still hurt much? I've heard it's a very long grind before it feels young again.

O'Dell
04-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks, guys. The surgeon says I'm ahead of the curve by two or three months. At my age I'm not looking for it to feel young - just like it did a year ago. :) Yes, it does hurt if I move it too far. Right now my range of motion is 80% and the strength is about 75%, but I'm working on both with a therapist and at home.

Barth and muggsy: Okay, I guess that didn't come out exactly right. I just want to get back on the bike. I think the other riders here will understand. And yes, I do love the Corvette - probably more than any car I've had since the Lotus Elan back in the sixties.

gb6491
04-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Glad to read you're on the mend.
+1:)