PDA

View Full Version : Passed 200 Rounds, Added Grip, More Accurate

itsthelaw
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Just got over the 200 mark today and did not experience any problems at all. I fed the gun FMJ of about 3 varieties for the first 170 rounds and then tried Fiocchi EMB, 115 and 124 Hornady Defense, Fiocchi and Federal 124 JHP and some Speer +p. The +p were rounds 201-214. All of it was excellent! The Fiocchi 124 JHP seemed to really fit the gun and fired GREAT. I will need to dial it in, but that might be the round for my CM9 when carrying.

I picked up a Pachmyer Tachtical Grip Glove from the LGS. They only had the one made for the Bodyguard 380, but the extra size of the grip made a world of difference for me. The grip has a opening in front for the BG 380 grip and the bottom did slide down beyond the grip a couple of times when firing fast, but it never got in the way. I kind of like the opening, because I can get a little feel of the cheese grater when my lower finger settles into the groove. They make one for the LC9 that I might pick up. I might just add something sticky to the back of the grip. The grip is soft, so the "mushy" feeling might not be for everyone. I like it, and I don't think it will make it harder to carry.

I tried the bike tire thing, and it was not for me. I couldn't get a clean cut on it, it rolled up a bit, and it wasn't enough thickness. Just not my thing.

My CM9 rides in a Remora, and I am a HUGE fan for this gun and anything that is light. I can put it in my front or back pocket or I can put it IWB wherever I want. Mine is almost always at 4 o'clock, and I just feel it enough to be reminded. Easy in, easy out, but always with me.

The gun does seem to get more accurate as I shoot it more. I locked in at 7 yards today and shot at various parts of a target. With the new grip added, I didn't find myself adjusting when drawing or after 3-4 consecutive rounds. When I was shooting it the first two times, I had a few shots that did not land on the sillhouette. I really think it was the grip and not having a repeatable handle on the gun. Considering that the axis is high on the gun, I am AMAZED at the lack of muzzle flip. Of course, felt recoil is great, but I would expect more flip. The front sight is easy to see, and I am becoming more "natural" with drawing and sighting.

It feels great to have finally settled into a gun for carry after 8 months of searching. I may sell 3 of my other guns and buy another CM9 or a PM9 or both. I really like the black DLC slide on the PM9. I REALLY need mags!

jocko
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
nice report, If I might add, stick with the flush fit mags, they seem to give no issues...more rounds downrange and you and the gu will even get more comfortable and accuracy will get better.

MikeG
04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
The "bike tire thing" is not for everyone, but at least you tried. I have no issues and actually prefer it to any manufactured grip I've tried. Mostly Hogue, I admit, and a laser grip on an xd9

I'm a little curious about your "high axis" comment tho. Compared to what? I always thought it was pretty low, but then again it's my smallest handgun and my only 9mm

Someone here had their cm9 slide cerakoted and it turned out very nice. Be cheaper than buying or trading for a pm9 if you like the black that much. Get some mags with what you'd save

340pd
04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Mine works great for me.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/KahrHogue.jpg

itsthelaw
04-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Mine works great for me.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/KahrHogue.jpg

340pd... Is that the Hogue Jr (I think #18000)? I might also try that one. Is it easy to remove and put back on if needed for cleaning? I am going to have my CM9 dovetailed to put in a new front sight. I love seeing guns that have a little wear on them like someone actually carries them!:hungry: