PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Fans?

shipwreck
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
As you can see - I've developed a fondness for Beretta 92s :)

Any other Beretta fans here :)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/9-wheel-o-berettacopy.jpg

bapple
04-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Yup!

My first handgun was my 90 two. I got it coated in Cerakote Coyote Tan and bought a used 96 INOX vertec slide for it as well. So the same frame can spit out 9mm and .40. It's a blast to shoot and smooth as silk with that fixed barrel.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/bigapple828/BerettaCerakote3-1.jpg

and in home defense form...

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/bigapple828/photo-22.jpg

shipwreck
04-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Cool. I remember seeing a pic of your gun at the Beretta Forum :)

TheTman
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I have a Beretta Cougar .40 that has never failed me. Got it from the estate of a friend. It has an angel watching over it. Used to have a Beretta .32 Tomcat, but traded it for a Dan Wesson Revolver.

ripley16
04-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I carried a Beretta 84 for a number of years. Great gun. I still think it's one of the best guns ever.

Also had a model 85. A better grip for me but I always wanted the extra ammo on board in the 84 when I carried.

For fun and grins I have the 948. Solid and reliable little .22.

In the dictionary, next to the phrase "buttery smooth" is a photo of the Beretta 92fs INOX Vertec. What a jewel.

Picked up a neat 9mm CX-4 Storm carbine a while back. What great fun!.

yqtszhj
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Nice collection.

I have one but no pics yet. It's a 92FS INOX Made in Italy. It took me a while to warm up to it mostly because i didn't shoot it enough. Recently it's been getting shot a lot more. It is really smooth and I like the DA/SA trigger a lot. i even bought a set of the Walnut grips with the gold Beretta Trident when they were on sale.

I have this 8 inch rubber gong target that I can place at 15 yards and can hit it every time doing mag dump. I even thought about getting the compact model recently but I think the size is still not much smaller.

Bawanna
04-27-2012, 08:39 PM
I've whittled a few Beretta grips in my day. My dept started with 92's then went to 96's. I still have a 92 of my own.

Let me see if I can find some pics.

jeepster09
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
My son in law who works for the feds carries a 92 for work. The 92 and 96's are quality guns.

AJBert
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
We (as in my wife) has an 84 in .32 ACP that is a great little gun, even at the range. I carried an M9 in the Navy for a number of years. I'll still say it was the easiest shooting handgun I've ever held and/or shot. Just so easy to put the rounds where you wanted them.

But I've always preferred a 1911 in .45 ACP. I always shot better with the M9 but would have rather carried that old Colt 1911 in any situation I may have found myself in. I know, doesn't make sense but I kind of like my firearms old school...lol

Kiehtan
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm a fan, though I only own one:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/kiehtan/DSC02102.jpg

LorenzoB
04-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Wow, impressive collection of Beretta 92's! How do you ever choose what to take to the range? I don't have many guns, but my 92FS stainless was my first pistol. I love it! Very smooth and comfortable. I have been thinking about going to practical shooting comps with it in the production class. I think it would be perfect for that. I'm sure it would be a blast too (literally)! Alas, I'm too busy this year. :(

jeepster09
04-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I have a Beretta Cougar .40 that has never failed me. Got it from the estate of a friend. It has an angel watching over it. Used to have a Beretta .32 Tomcat, but traded it for a Dan Wesson Revolver.

I see a lot of Cougars at the mall......:D

bapple
04-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Cool. I remember seeing a pic of your gun at the Beretta Forum :)

Good call Shipwreck! And I love your collection. You definitely have to be a passion if you have two of the same exact gun twice! Gotta love a Beretta though.

AJBert
04-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I screwed up. What I thought all these years as a Beretta 84 is actually a 70! Took a look at it this morning and shocked myself. Still, a very nice little package and does great on rats in the shed!

pitandkahr
04-29-2012, 08:16 AM
I was really looking at the PX4 Storm, but decided to get the PM9 instead...It's still on my short list for a down the road purchase unless the addiction to Kahrs sets in and I get some more...LOL

shipwreck
04-29-2012, 06:11 PM
I screwed up. What I thought all these years as a Beretta 84 is actually a 70! Took a look at it this morning and shocked myself. Still, a very nice little package and does great on rats in the shed!

Yea, I didn't wanna say anything, but the 84 doesn't come in 32.

Wow, impressive collection of Beretta 92's! How do you ever choose what to take to the range?

Haha, its not easy - :)

Actually, I've owned petty much everything there is to own over the years. After years of buying and selling a gun, to pay for the next one. I finally got hooked on 92s again about 3-4 years ago. I eventually divested many of my other guns and went to almost all 92s, as it is my favorite platform. I can strip the frames easily too, which makes maintenance easy.

The standard 92FS balances perfectly in a 1 handed grip. I came to prefer them over 1911s, and ended up selling my two high end 1911s last year (one was a $3k one).

I really enjoy how the 92s shoot :)

ripley16
04-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Well...

It sort of does. The line, the series 81, is made in several calibers and several model numbers, two of which are .32acp. An older blued .32 model 81 is one of the most gorgeous guns ever made IMHO.

shipwreck
04-30-2012, 01:00 PM
I used to have a Model 90 Beretta - looked like a PPK. 32 caliber. It belonged to my ex wife's family - so, I had to give it back when we divorced, unfortunately

Bawanna
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Haha, its not easy - :)

Actually, I've owned petty much everything there is to own over the years. After years of buying and selling a gun, to pay for the next one. I finally got hooked on 92s again about 3-4 years ago. I eventually divested many of my other guns and went to almost all 92s, as it is my favorite platform. I can strip the frames easily too, which makes maintenance easy.

The standard 92FS balances perfectly in a 1 handed grip. I came to prefer them over 1911s, and ended up selling my two high end 1911s last year (one was a $3k one).

I really enjoy how the 92s shoot :)

I went to Beretta armorer school many years ago. We spent a large portion of the class looking for springs that flew across the room. He had a tackle box filled with springs and parts, his deal was look for 2 minutes, if you don't find it get a new on out of the box.

It was serious business taking the safety and all apart, did it several times in class, not sure I could even do it today, been so long. I can still hold my own on the frame but might take a lot longer. Got pretty quick in class.

Still chat with the instructor from time to time, swell guy from the East Coast. Retired law man.

jlottmc
05-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Personally, I can't stand the 92FS. I fixed way too many of them in the Armory. Having said that, I took a huge leap (for me anyway) and bought a PX4 in .40 to use as my duty gun in the Academy. There are two things I don't like about it and they are minor things that I may just look at after today. First the front sight is aluminum or stainless, and does not stay black after lots of reps through my holster (it won't take cold blue for touch up). I may see about some trijicon's but would prefer some fiber optics up front (none to be had). Second, the safety could use a bunch of de-horning, but then the refinish comes back into play. Other than that, it shoots well and feels pretty good in hand. I did have some malfunctions that were me early on, I was getting a failure to lock the slide back on empty, and finally figured out that it was my thumb. Changed my grip and that went away.

WMD
05-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Those are some very nice Berettas! I have fired a 92 but never owned one. The balance in my hand was always what impressed me. Much better then Glock or Sig. I do have a couple of baby Beretta's (950's?). Both in 25 caliber. One is a single action and the other is a double action. They both shoot great! I have always felt that Beretta made a decent gun.

LorenzoB
05-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Personally, I can't stand the 92FS. I fixed way too many of them in the Armory...

I spoke to a worker at my LGS that told me he had witnessed (many times) guys in Iraq using their sidearm as a hammer, pry bar, or a tool of some sort, even when other tools were available (but not convenient).

jlottmc
05-01-2012, 08:24 AM
First time I saw that I bought had a heart attack. Thing was ours were well beyond used and abused. We had shot them out a few times by that point, and could almost set a watch by what was breaking and at what round count. Then I got to use it in Bosnia a couple of times and was not impressed. To this day I will not own a 9mm because of that, I'm also looking into a new caliber for my AR as well. OTH, I did swear off that platform also at one time, so maybe someday I'll come back to them, but that day is not today.

shipwreck
05-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Nice Vertec!

QuercusMax
05-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Here are a couple of my Berettas, a 92FS 2-tone and an 87 Target (.22). Like almost anything Italian, they are nice looking. They are pretty good to shoot too. The 87 Target is single-action. Sorry about the shadows on the photos - I'm not much of a photographer.