PDA

View Full Version : New Contest

Dietrich
02-16-2010, 05:33 AM
This will be my last one.The prize for the first correct answer is the same.An Uplula Universal Magazine Loader. I will provide clues from time to time as needed.Here is the question.

Between 1978 and 1995, 37 people were killed and 113 were injured while engaging in this foolish and illegal activity.What were they doing?

Jackleg
02-16-2010, 06:15 AM
rusian roullette

ripley16
02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Cow tipping? Hey, don't laugh, you ever seen a cow awakened from a deep sleep? :eek:

Base jumping

bayoutrigger
02-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Vending Machines! Most injuries and deaths involving vending machines involve soda machines. Not only are they the heaviest, they are also top-heavy by design.

hsart
02-16-2010, 07:02 AM
This will be my last one.The prize for the first correct answer is the same.An Uplula Universal Magazine Loader. I will provide clues from time to time as needed.Here is the question.

Between 1978 and 1995, 37 people were killed and 113 were injured while engaging in this foolish and illegal activity.What were they doing?
Robbing vending machines.

Dietrich
02-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Both Bayoutrigger and Hsart have given the answer but Hsart actually said robbing vending machines which is the more correct of the answers.People would rock the machine trying to get a free soft drink to fall out and the machine would fall over,crushing them.I`m really surprised that this question was answered this quickly.I`m not very good at trivia contests evidently,so I`m not going to try another one.Maybe someone else will do a really good one in the future.Sorry Bayoutrigger,but the question was what activity were the victims engaged in and you didn`t specify any activity.I hate it for you but the decision of the judges is final.

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Both Bayoutrigger and Hsart have given the answer but Hsart actually said robbing vending machines which is the more correct of the answers.People would rock the machine trying to get a soft drink to fall out and the machine would fall over,crushing them.I`m really surprised that this question was answered this quickly.I`m not very good at trivia contests evidently,so I`m not going to try another one.Maybe someone else will do a really good one in the future.

Hey, Dietrich. Don't you remember me extolling the virtues of Google. We're all sitting at a computer with a powerful search engine at our fingertips!

he Wisdom of Krauts: Vending Machine Accidents « The Maas:Media
Oct 6, 2008 ... Between 1978 and 1995, how many people in the US died as a ... About this one; it has taken me sometime to get used to idea of people getting killed by a vending machine ... First, let me express my amazement that none of you were ... in the period in question “at least 37 deaths and 113 injuries

Wynn:D

PETE14
02-16-2010, 08:12 AM
As a side note to this discussion in the same time period there were only 6 fatalities by sharks.

So it is safer to swim with sharks than try to rob a vending machine.

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
As a side note to this discussion in the same time period there were only 6 fatalities by sharks.

So it is safer to swim with sharks than try to rob a vending machine.

Yes, but after moving to Jacksonville 13 years ago, I became more aware of shark attacks and BITES out here off our beaches. I just stick to the ankle deep water now. I was trying to get into surfing with floats, but I don't like being some fish's snack. Sharks aren't the only things that take bites out of swimmers.
I'm glad that all of my sea survival classes were pre-1975 "Jaws" era. There's nothing like being tossed into the water and having to get your malfunctioned life raft inflated and some of the yahoos training us come by towing an 8-ft hammerhead they just caught!
Post-Jaws I would have learned to walk on water!
Subject, smubject... I like to yack!:o

getsome
02-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Ok Google heads try this one....Name a famous TV and film actor who's first acting role was one of the Tidy Bowl men in the little sail boat in your toilet tank commercial...He also was a contestant on the Dating Game show in the late 60's and wasn't picked as the winner....No prize, just play for pride!!! If there isn't a winner I will post hints later today....Ready, set, GO!!!:cool:

getsome
02-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Forgot to add this about a very dangerous thing that kills between 75 and 100 people a year in the U.S. alone... Lightning strikes... When you hear thunder thats God's way of telling you to go inside or seek shelter!!!

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Dang! You would catch me when I'm trying to fix something to stuff in my piehole!

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Ok Google heads try this one....Name a famous TV and film actor who's first acting role was one of the Tidy Bowl men in the little sail boat in your toilet tank commercial...He also was a contestant on the Dating Game show in the late 60's and wasn't picked as the winner....No prize, just play for pride!!! If there isn't a winner I will post hints later today....Ready, set, GO!!!:cool:

Mark Matheisen

PETE14
02-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Has to be one of these but not sure which one: Mark Matheisen (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mark_Matheisen&action=edit&redlink=1), Fred Miltonberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fred_Miltonberg&action=edit&redlink=1), Larry Sprinkle (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Larry_Sprinkle&action=edit&redlink=1)

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Has to be one of these but not sure which one: Mark Matheisen (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mark_Matheisen&action=edit&redlink=1), Fred Miltonberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fred_Miltonberg&action=edit&redlink=1), Larry Sprinkle (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Larry_Sprinkle&action=edit&redlink=1)

That's why I went with Mark Matheisen. He was the only one I "recognized", or thought I did.:D Though, Fred is starting to sound familiar....
It seems like I saw D*ck Wilson, aka Mr Whipple, listed as having the role along the way, but not in list of 3 that I found. He had a remarkable life!

getsome
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Nope, not even close...I couldnt find anything about the Tidy Bowl thing in google but saw that on a TV show about what famous actors had done early in their careers...I was amazed at how many future stars had been in some really bad commercials.. The Dating Game thing is in google so that may be of help....I'll give you the year, 1969...

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Gerry Matthews

getsome
02-16-2010, 09:55 AM
No sorry, Looks like the mighty wyn needs some hints....or do you want to continue on your own for now?

wyntrout
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
No sorry, Looks like the mighty wyn needs some hints....or do you want to continue on your own for now?

Dang... I get distracted. I was watching to see if my second eagle of the day(a mature Bald one this time) was going to attack one of those pesky crows out there.

Well, I couldn't connect him to the commercial, but Steve Martin might be who you are after. Farah Fawcett was also possible.

I need to get on with my life and give up otherwise.

Wynn:rolleyes:

hsart
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I'll try to save everyone some time - must be Anson Williams.

getsome
02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow it must be way cool to be able to see eagles in the wild like that...Ok as for the contest....Its a male who has made several bad movies but was a co star in a mid 80's hit TV cop show that was made into a so-so movie with different actors and later co-stared with a comedian in another less successful TV cop show...He has done nothing since then that I know of.... This should give it away and I'm sure he will deny ever being a Tidy Bowl man to his grave!!!

hsart
02-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Don Johnson

getsome
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Believe it or not...thats correct....You win a laurel and a hardy handshake!!!!

deadhead1971
02-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Sharks aren't the only things that take bites out of swimmers.

:hungry:

We have bluefish and barracudas here in the Carolinas that "bite." We also have those evil jellyfish called Portuguese man-of-wars.

getsome
02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
We got into a school of barracudas last year while deep sea fishing off destin Fl...They would eat the good fish we were catching off the line before you could get them into the boat...Some of the cudas would get snagged on the hook and would come onto the deck still eating....Man those were some nasty, mean looking fish alright....:eek:

Dietrich
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Check your PMs. Can`t send the prize to you unless you give me some info.

Dietrich
02-16-2010, 02:26 PM
One last question.No prize.Just for fun. What famous singer said the following:

"Whenever I watch TV and I see those poor starving kids all over the world,I can`t help but cry.I mean I would love to be skinny like that,but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

getsome
02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a Rosie O'Donnell thing to say to me.....:001_tt2: