PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from PGH

twodogs
02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi All-
I just joined after learning about this forum from a friend. The more I learn about Kahr pistols, the more I like them. I haven't fired one yet, but everything I read & hear about them sounds great. I have a few pieces so far - LCP, LCR, Stoeger Cougar, & Kel-Tec P-11. I had a Sig P6, but traded it for a rifle.

Everything I read makes me think that I am going to fall in love with these guns once I shoot them. Of my collection, the Cougar has the best trigger of the bunch. The Sig was comparable. I am leaning toward the PM 9 at this point, based on what I have learned so far.

I would love to hear from anyone who has the same guns that I have to give me a comparison. Also, if you have a PM 40 or 45, just how bad is the recoil?

Thanks for your time!

Vinikahr
02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Well good for you.
Welcome to the board.

jocko
02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi All-
I just joined after learning about this forum from a friend. The more I learn about Kahr pistols, the more I like them. I haven't fired one yet, but everything I read & hear about them sounds great. I have a few pieces so far - LCP, LCR, Stoeger Cougar, & Kel-Tec P-11. I had a Sig P6, but traded it for a rifle.

Everything I read makes me think that I am going to fall in love with these guns once I shoot them. Of my collection, the Cougar has the best trigger of the bunch. The Sig was comparable. I am leaning toward the PM 9 at this point, based on what I have learned so far.

I would love to hear from anyone who has the same guns that I have to give me a comparison. Also, if you have a PM 40 or 45, just how bad is the recoil?

Thanks for your time!

buy the PM9,u will love it..

hsart
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi All-

Thanks for your time!
I shoot a PM45 and I classify the recoil as light to medium in comparison to a few other non-Kahr 45s I have shot. I was expecting a stronger recoil before I bought it and was very pleasantly surprised. The PM40 supposedly has a stronger recoil - but I never shot one. I think you will find the recoil on the PM9 more than most 9mm handguns (as a very general statement), a bit less than the PM45, but all in all any PM you get you will be very pleased with.