PDA

View Full Version : Toning Down Slide Serrations

doc540
05-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Fired up the magnifier lamp, broke out the jewelers files and carefully took the sharp edges of the serrations.

Didn't take long and makes quite a difference.

Worked both my new CM9 and the wifey's CW9.

My gut roll has already thanked me. :o

dzldust
05-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Pics....

itsthelaw
05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
My gut roll has already thanked me. :o

That's some good humor right there! :hurt:

itsthelaw
05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
What did you use to dehorn?

doc540
05-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Can't really post pics that show much of anything.

I bought a set of ChinoCheapo needle files from Halbol Fleight and used one of the small flat files.

Just removed the sharp edges of the serrations and dressed the very bottom of them, too.

LorenzoB
05-05-2012, 09:29 PM
That's awesome.
and funny!

Tilos
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
It's a lot less tedious using a round stone and a couple of strokes with the stone parallel to the serrations.
The proper size stone will bridge the serration, only touch the edges, get consistant results, and it's almost impossible to scratch any other part of the slide.
Tilos

jocko
05-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Can't really post pics that show much of anything.

I bought a set of ChinoCheapo needle files from Halbol Fleight and used one of the small flat files.

Just removed the sharp edges of the serrations and dressed the very bottom of them, too.

I know CHINECHEAPO well. I meet him one time in a bar, I think he was trying to steel the copper fittings out of the mens rest room toilets. Just sayin

doc540
05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
It's a lot less tedious using a round stone and a couple of strokes with the stone parallel to the serrations.
The proper size stone will bridge the serration, only touch the edges, get consistant results, and it's almost impossible to scratch any other part of the slide.
Tilos

Learn something every day.

Can you post pics of said stone?

Sounds like more tools I need to buy.:)