PDA

View Full Version : 14 year old recommends....

PETE14
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I took my 14 year old to the shooting range last night and I took 3 guns (Glock 23, Kahr MK9, FEG PJK-9HP) to let him shoot. I started out with the FEG (Browning Hi-Power Clone) because it kicks the least and with the Hogue grips is the easiest to shoot. I instructed him on how to line the sights up and the basic firearms safety instructions. We started out at 7 yards and he was 6-12 inches off of the bullseye with the first 6 shots. Next up was the Glock because I thought the size would be easier for him to shoot than the MK9. Took 3 shots left 3 in the gun and said it kicked to much for him and was done with that one. Next was the Kahr and he took 6 shots and was 3-6 inches off of the bullseye and he shot the remaining 30-35 bullets and even had 3 hits on the upper left of the bullseye from 25 feet.

This is the kid that 2-3 months ago had absolutely no interest in guns (even though he plays "Call of duty " alot) but has expressed an interest in being a LEO (has since decided to be an FBI agent because of the pay) so I kept asking him to go shoot and then he decided to try it and he absolutely loves it and definately wants to go again.

When we were headed home I asked him which gun he liked the best and he said "Without a doubt the Kahr".

So according to at least one 14 year old "Kahrs" are the best.

jeep45238
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear that ya'll had a good time at the range - family bonding at it's best :)

Steve-$
02-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Your son has good taste in pistols.

It won't be too long and he will be asking to try out another type of car!

Might want to take a look at the pay scale of the U.S. Marshals service too.

:)

Dietrich
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Better watch out!! He`s liable to lay claim to that Kahr and declare squatters rights. Your best bet is to go ahead and buy an extra one just in case.;)

PETE14
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Your son has good taste in pistols.

It won't be too long and he will be asking to try out another type of car!

Might want to take a look at the pay scale of the U.S. Marshals service too.

:)

I watch the US Marshalls on TV and it seems like a cool job. I might have him watch that one time.