PDA

View Full Version : Galco Miami Classic

Steve-$
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Anybody wearing a Galco Miami Classic ?

And if so, is it comfortable?

The factory is telling me my K9 with Crimson Trace laser grips will not fit, but it looks like it would with a minor modification made to the holster.

Thanks,
Steve

Bawanna
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I prefer the SSII which is the same thing only with a wider area in the shoulder area, distributes the weight over a wider area. I dont wear it often as I prefer belt carry. With a K9 I'm sure it would be comfy all day long.

ripley16
02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I can answer the comfortable part...yes, but my holster is for a different gun.
Wider straps can help.
It appears that the CT will necessitate a small modification to the holster.
I use an off side tie down to secure the holster. I find theis prevents any shifting.

Steve-$
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I see what you gents are saying about the wide comfort harness and tie down.

It appears they do not offer the SSII shoulder holster system for the K9, but I could get the Miami Classic and then change to the SSH wide comfort harness for about $40.

Another couple of bucks for creature comfort and quality are well spent in my book.

Thanks!
:)

ripley16
02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I see what you gents are saying about the wide comfort harness and tie down.

It appears they do not offer the SSII shoulder holster system for the K9, but I could get the Miami Classic and then change to the SSH wide comfort harness for about $40.

Another couple of bucks for creature comfort and quality are well spent in my book.

Thanks!

You can buy the harness and holster seperately and save the $40, roughly.

Steve-$
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Just purchased a new Miami Classic System off GunBroker for $124.54.
I'll start looking for a deal on the SSH wide comfort harness and tie down assessory now.

Steve-$
02-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Received the system yesterday afternoon.

Took me about an hour to get it fitted to my taste after reading the instructions.

Started looking into the modification that was going to be needed to make the CT fit, and decided to work the leather retention strap while watching the Olympics.

After about an hour or so, I tried to see if the CT would fit - It did!

Put the system on this morning, between my T-shirt & dress shirt and have carried it most of the day.

The system rides good with no discomfort and is out of sight, yet within easy reach.

I think I am going to like this set up.

Thanks for the help.

Bawanna
02-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Looks great and depending on your build and stuff you might be just fine with the Classic and not need the SSII harness. Let er ride for a few weeks and see how she feels.
I just love happy endings.;)

ripley16
02-24-2010, 04:37 AM
I concur with Bawanna. The M.C. is plenty comfortable as is with smaller guns. If you were talking about a larger frame duty weapon, I'd say "wide is mandatory", but your Kahr should feel fine as is.