PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Neos 22

dirtkicker
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I shot my new Neos today for the first time. I had given it a clean and lube last night and fired it today to the tune of 80 rounds of Federal cheapo. What a nice, nice, shooting weapon. Extremely accurate, zero issues of any kind. Looks like a keeper. :)

On a side note my CM9 :D was flawless today thru 75 rounds with 3 different kinds of ammo as was my Glock 26 thru 75 rounds. And.., as a bonus I even shot well :eek:

A good day in the country.

ripley16
05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
The NEOS is a much underrated .22. Not my favorite but certainly a very competent and very reasonably priced pistol. The NEOS is an excellent pistol with which to teach young folk some shooting skills because of it's narrow grip.

TucsonMTB
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
What a nice, nice, shooting weapon. Extremely accurate, zero issues of any kind. Looks like a keeper. :)
+1 . . . my wife shot her Neos for bullseye competition last year and did very well, especially after we did the "BIC lighter spring trigger job (http://hexidismal.awardspace.com/)".

A few minute's work made a nice trigger even better. http://home.mindspring.com/%7Ejustsomeguy/thumbsup.gif

pitandkahr
05-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I've heard good things but it looks like a space gun to me...

TucsonMTB
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I've heard good things but it looks like a space gun to me...
Funny you should mention the resemblance . . . that's what we call it.

Even the folks at Gun Blast dot com (http://www.gunblast.com/Paco_Beretta-NEOS.htm) got in on the fun . . .

Alpha Centauri, this is Space Fighter Four-Niner-Six....we have been boarded by a stupid bunch of Bastion Troopers....we are in a major firefight!"

"Four-Niner-Six, this is Alpha-Relay 5. We will send a Space Cruiser, ETA 19 minutes..."

"Alpha-Relay, this is Space Fighter Four-Niner-Six...belay the Cruiser. No need, we are fine here. Last transmission was just FYI...we are cleaning house house on them because we are armed with new space guns from Beretta, the U22 NEOS!"

Fun is what 22's are all about! :D

AJBert
05-06-2012, 11:55 PM
I always thought they looked like ray guns from the old Buck Rogers serials, but if you get past the cosmetics, looks like they are base on the Browning Buckmarks and Ruger Mark I/II/III's. Haven't shot one yet but being as they are from Beretta I'm sure they are great shooters!

JFootin
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
How easy/hard is it to take down and clean? (I have heard stories regarding the Ruger and Browning guns.)

TucsonMTB
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
How easy/hard is it to take down and clean? (I have heard stories regarding the Ruger and Browning guns.)
Yeah, I had a Browning 22LR that was a P.I.T.A. as my first pistol. Or maybe it was a Ruger. I forget. Anyway, it's long gone.

The Neos is easy.

1. Pull back the slide to brush clean the extractor and most of the stuff that needs attention, with a nylon brush and maybe your solvent based cleaner of choice. Yes, there is a slide lock for your convenience.

2. Then clean the bore, usually a pass with a bore snake is plenty. If you insist on using a rod, unscrewing one knurled knob puts the barrel in your hand.

3. Finally, clean the magazine. Depending on the ammo (waxed or plated) . . . magazine cleaning is more important than on any of our other pistols. It's not hard to do since just about everything is exposed and made of stainless steel.

4. For JFootin only: There are no external polished surfaces, so put away the Flitz. ;)

5. For guys who prefer guns that look like traditional guns: Don't bother to have fun shooting it. Pass it to a teenager for display with his movie paraphernalia rather than cleaning. :p

Note: If you use plated ammo like the CCI hotter 22LR that comes in plastic boxes, plan on cleaning every thousand rounds or maybe two thousand. If you use was wax coated bullets, like some of the fancier match stuff, plan on cleaning after every bullseye match or every couple hundred rounds of practice. SWMBO will alert you when it is time for that chore. ;)

flieger67
05-07-2012, 04:35 PM

For what it's worth, the first pistol that my wife purchased when she entered in the world of firearms was a Neos. She took it apart all by herself after her first range visit with it to clean it, referencing just the instruction manual that came with it.

dkmatthews
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I shot my new Neos today for the first time. I had given it a clean and lube last night and fired it today to the tune of 80 rounds of Federal cheapo. What a nice, nice, shooting weapon. Extremely accurate, zero issues of any kind. Looks like a keeper. :)

On a side note my CM9 :D was flawless today thru 75 rounds with 3 different kinds of ammo as was my Glock 26 thru 75 rounds. And.., as a bonus I even shot well :eek:

A good day in country.

Good to hear you're enjoying your Neos! Do you have the carbine kit for it, too?

dirtkicker
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Good to hear you're enjoying your Neos! Do you have the carbine kit for it, too?

No carbine kit. I just got this for a plinker and was pleasantly surprised. Only a little over $250 too which was nice. I am not the greatest marksman but could rapid fire all 10 rounds onto a paper plate from 15 yards. It's pretty much dead on. I can't do that with my CM9 or G26. Trigger travel is very short, very easy/single action.

dirtkicker
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM

With a little practice you can probably take this down in less than a minute...which is one of the reasons I chose the Neos over the Rugers and Browning.

Cleaning is easy.

JFootin
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
With a little practice you can probably take this down in less than a minute...which is one of the reasons I chose the Neos over the Rugers and Browning.

Cleaning is easy.

Cool! :D

dirtkicker
10-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I finally got the Neos out for some more shooting. I am liking it more and more. It is some cheap fun for sure and I haven't had a malfunction yet. I shot around 100-120 rounds yesterday and it was perfect. At the end I was able to get 20 out of 20 on a legal pad size target from around 30 yards. (w/ a bench rest, more specifically my truck fender) And... I ain't the best marksman either.