PDA

View Full Version : Proud new owner of a used Kahr, question on primers with pics

rholmes69
02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
I recently purchased an older MK9 which from the serial number appears to be a 1999 or 1998 issuance. When I first got it, I noticed that the plastic of the recoil rod was pretty chewed up and that with a 3/4 release, it would not always full chamber a round, so I ordered a new one from Kahr. It came in, and I too it to the range finally to shoot. I know frrom reading here that deformed case openings are normal, but how about these long drags on the primer? It almost looks like the firing pin was still trying to retract while the case was being ejected.

No FTF's or FTE's, gun shot flawlessly, I just noticed the case markings after putting my box of 50 down range. They are Federal 115g fmj's from wally world by the way.

Thanks, just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with the pistol!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/rholmes69/Titan%20Forum/100_3694.jpg

wyntrout
02-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, that's a characteristic of striker-fired pistols and Kahr tells you about that in the manual. A lot of people ask about that, but it's normal. Some guns seem to batter the cases more than others, too. My PM9 bent the case mouths a bit with +P ammo, not as bad as some, though.
I got my PM9 used last month. It was "born" in March 2006. I learned this from the test-fired casing included. I didn't see a PM45 like I wanted at the gun show, but the new-looking PM9 DLC with N/S was too good to pass up.:D
Enjoy your "new" Kahr and this forum. Welcome aboard!
Wynn:)

In-Yo-Grill
02-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Yes sir...it's normal.

Congrats on your MK9. I too have an older model MK9 and it is a shooter.

Dietrich
02-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Nothing to worry about.Just enjoy your new gun and welcome to the forum.

Vinikahr
02-19-2010, 08:20 AM
When you buy used firearms is like buying fruits, you take a chance. However, your firearm seems to be normal (an echo to what other members have indicated) Welcome to the forum.

rholmes69
02-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Awesome, thanks. I knew the manual said the primer strikes could be elongated, I was just worried that they were close to the brass on a couple.

Thanks!