PDA

View Full Version : MK9 rubber grips?

JohnR
05-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Fell in lust with the MK9 long ago in the LGS, but went with the K9 for overall performance, the MK being kind of specialized for the mousegun niche. But I've never stopped thinking about the "Mickey." However, I forget if the grips are hard or soft. I want soft, like my K9. How do they come?

Bawanna
05-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Same as the K. The early ones had the soft rubber, the later ones went to the harder plastic type. The rubber ones are nice.

jocko
05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
bawanna as ususl is right .. Just sayin.

JohnR
05-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Can one buy rubber if one wishes?

(get your mind outta the gutter...)

JFootin
05-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Can one buy rubber if one wishes?

(get your mind outta the gutter...)

Nope. That's the issue. Although there is demand for the rubber grips, made by Hogue, that Kahr used to put on the K and MK guns, neither Kahr nor Hogue has paid any attention. So no luck unless you can talk an owner of one of those older guns into selling them because maybe he prefers the wood grips.

Barth
05-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Nope. That's the issue. Although there is demand for the rubber grips, made by Hogue, that Kahr used to put on the K and MK guns, neither Kahr nor Hogue has paid any attention. So no luck unless you can talk an owner of one of those older guns into selling them because maybe he prefers the wood grips.

Yup, Yup.
I've got the plastic ones on my MK40 Elite.
The Hogue Handall Jr is as close as I have come to rubber grips.
They are a nice interim solution.
Actually the palm swell is sweet and I'm happy with the set up.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo42/7b/64/a84dcf2de627__1333820178000.jpeghttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo42/c9/0e/f1171870797e__1333819622000.jpg

Shadow Catcher
05-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Fell in lust with the MK9 long ago in the LGS, but went with the K9 for overall performance, the MK being kind of specialized for the mousegun niche. But I've never stopped thinking about the "Mickey." However, I forget if the grips are hard or soft. I want soft, like my K9. How do they come?
A good friend has a MK9 elite, and he purchased grips for the K9, cut the excess base off, and drilled two new lower screw holes in the grips to match the frame. The MK frame itself fits perfectly into the K9 recess in the grips, and the top screw holes match, so an Exacto knife to trim, and a drill to make screw holes, plus a second drill to cut the screw head recess is all that's needed. Takes about an hour of effort. If I ever manage to find a MK 9 I will buy it, and do that same thing - it's wonderful how well it works, and the grips are only around $17.60 plus shipping.

Shadow Catcher

Wisewolfhowling
06-15-2013, 09:28 AM
My wife has just acquired a mk9. With plastic grip but is wanting the rubber like my k9. Does anyone happen to have a set of rubber for a mk9 they want to sell? If so let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RevRay
06-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Didn't I read on here somewhere that the old rubber grips won't fit the newer MK9's with the plastic grips ... or did I just imagine it?

RevRay
06-15-2013, 10:43 AM
If I ever manage to find a MK 9 I will buy it, and do that same thing - it's wonderful how well it works, and the grips are only around $17.60 plus shipping.Shadow Catcher

This is just about as close to a decent price ($499) as you'll see for an MK9.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1596512/indiana-handguns-for-sale--kahr-mk9

jocko
06-15-2013, 12:05 PM

odd but also stupid IMO on Hogues part, as they have the mold that made the grips and I would think being they are a grip makers that they made those grips for kahr but was not tied into ceasing production on them when kahr decided to go to plastic type or why would kahr not at least wantto offer them as an accessory. Course WTF do we know??

semper vulgare:amflag:

JFootin
06-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybe Kahr and Hogue had a falling out. Maybe Hogue tried to raise the price too much.