PDA

View Full Version : PM9 warranty question

tennessee 2
02-21-2010, 09:30 AM
I typically buy used guns. Does Kahr provide a warranty to subsequent owners? If not, is the warranty worth the additional cost? Thanks.

Vinikahr
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I typically buy used guns. Does Kahr provide a warranty to subsequent owners? If not, is the warranty worth the additional cost? Thanks.

No and no.

They do not warranty subsequently owners, you pay out of pocket for any service required. Main reason why me personally do not buy used guns. Of course you have a few exceptions to this rules(Kahr is not).

jocko
02-21-2010, 11:32 AM
kahr can tell by the serial numbers the ageof thegun. usually if the serialnumbers fallwithin the 5 years warranty period, I have not heard of them requiring proof of purchase. so to me the answer is yes, if you buy a used gun tha tis not over 5 years old theywill honor service on it.

now if you tell them u bought it used, they might not warranty it, again that is rare. Kahr is a good company andif the gun is defective, they normally will take care of it. there is no after markert offered warranty offered by kahr on used guns. It is either going to be covered by kahr or it will not. We have owners on this forum all the time who buy used kahrs and if service is reqired I ca't remember of but a very few that had to pay out of pocket expenses. Most of the time it was one way mail being paid for and that was about ut.

Vinikahr
02-21-2010, 11:52 AM
kahr can tell by the serial numbers the ageof thegun. usually if the serialnumbers fallwithin the 5 years warranty period, I have not heard of them requiring proof of purchase. so to me the answer is yes, if you buy a used gun tha tis not over 5 years old theywill honor service on it.

now if you tell them u bought it used, they might not warranty it, again that is rare. Kahr is a good company andif the gun is defective, they normally will take care of it. there is no after markert offered warranty offered by kahr on used guns. It is either going to be covered by kahr or it will not. We have owners on this forum all the time who buy used kahrs and if service is reqired I ca't remember of but a very few that had to pay out of pocket expenses. Most of the time it was one way mail being paid for and that was about ut.

I guess the same principle can be apply in other situations until they required proof of ownership.

jocko
02-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Ihave found that most quality product companies be they guns, watchs, vehicles etc, tend to work with the consumer to make things right. again if something is out of warranty, then it is out of warranty. Noramlly one buys a used gun much lower than a new priced on and the old saying "let the buyer beware" would apply to gun purchases.

Knowing the serial number before buying and then checkign witht he gun company for verification as to when it was made would help alot.