PDA

View Full Version : opinions on used K9 DLC

kerby9mm
05-25-2012, 03:35 PM
I went to my LGS today to look for a left hand holster for my p238 for while driving (I shoot just as poorly left or right hand) and the seat belt is in the way so I got the left hand holster. Before I left I saw that they had a used K9 DLC for sale I looked at it and this gun looked like it had zero wear. The mag barrel or hood was not even scratched. Price was $550 but I could have it for $500. The only thing that I wasn't sure about was the rear of the slide had a lot of play. Much more than my mk9 or mk40. There was enough that not only could you feel it but see it also. To me it seemed too much side to side compared to my Kahrs. I would like some feed back from you forum members as to what you know about this and what you would do.

jocko
05-25-2012, 04:22 PM
wouldn't have bothered me for that price. Gun will shoot better than u can ever shoot it, certainly no wear can cause this on a K seres either.

I just looked at my NYPD used K9 and with the mag out of the gun, my rear slide has some side play in it. big Fokking deal. I shoot it far better than my PM9 which also has this side play. IO ur passing on one heh of a great buy for $500 on this gun.andUntil u even mentioned it, I have never paid an ouonce of attention to it either..

If u feel strongly, about what u posted, just pass on it and forget about it. Doesn't matter what my gun feels like or what I think either. It is all about u and how u feel about it. It indeed could feel "looser" than ur MK's, Maybe ur MK's are tighter than normal to.

If ur looking for an excuse to not buy itk then u have one now.

kerby9mm
05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I asked for opinions on if it is OK because I want to buy it. Jocko if you are at all familiar with my posts then you know I love steel Kahrs. The price is a steal I feel (no rhyme intended) because everyone around here is glock and S&W m&p crazy and so are the LGS guys except for the one guy that is Kimber crazy. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that could be the reason the gun is there. Go ahead Make my day and tell me you would buy it! I can go back tomorrow.

jocko
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
No, I would not be writng this forum about what shoud I do, I would be writing to this forum telling them what a steal I got on a super K dlc finished kahr. U as a kahr owner know to that many buy kahrs and the trigger juswt turns them off. The looooong but so smoothg trigger for many is just not acceptable,as they all fall back on the ol familiar b.s. "well my glock and Sigs don't do that". I have no doubt that most kahrs traded in are becuas ethe onwer couldn't hit jack sh!t with it and as u know it is always the guns fault. sometimes my opinions come off wrong but I understand ur question to the forum to.

Bawanna
05-25-2012, 04:52 PM
So what time tomorrow do you think we'll be able to see pictures? Better do it tomorrow if it's too late today, shops probably closed Monday, most of our are always closed on Sun and Mon.

downtownv
05-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I say if that one doesn't feel right to you keep looking for one that does... There's plenty out there.

TucsonMTB
05-25-2012, 05:03 PM
I say if that one doesn't feel right to you keep looking for one that does... There's plenty out there.
+1 . . . Here's a Phoenix area ad for a used, private sale at $485.

http://images1.backpage.com/imager/u/large/52370879/IMG_1102.jpg

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/485-black-kahr-k9-9mm-pistol-steel-frame-model/17608099

jocko
05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Tucson, that is one hell of a great price. in reading "his" post he states blackened steel frame , not stainless. do u think by chance he could be referring to the carbon steel frame instead of the dlc finished stainless steel kahrs. He references impact guns for description and they are talking about the dlc finished stainless frame and slide.

I was trying to pull up a closer shot of his photos b ut juyst could not make out if the frame was scalloped like the models of today or not. the price IMO just sounds to good for a K9 dlc finsih If it is a dlc stainless K9, that is a steal of a price IMO. I just cannot see the scallops in his photos but they are very clear in the impact guns photo: Just sayin.

kerby9mm
05-25-2012, 05:38 PM
The one I looked at DOES have the scallops so does that mean it is stainless underneath? I really don't want a carbon steel gun. I just assumed it is stainless underneath. Who knows for sure?

Tinman507
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Get a serial number on it.
The list in the sticky or at Glocktalk may tell you.

jocko
05-25-2012, 05:48 PM
The one I looked at DOES have the scallops so does that mean it is stainless underneath? I really don't want a carbon steel gun. I just assumed it is stainless underneath. Who knows for sure?

if it is stainless it will be marked. either on the slide or frame.(normally on the slide). No scallops indicates a very early model kahr and back then the first models were carbon steel. Not a bad thing but certainly not stainless. The DLC finish was only on the stainless kahrs, so my bet is what ur looking at is a very late model kahr not an older model

I would also go out on a limb here and say that IMO this gun might even have the elite trigger in it and not the nypd trigger. If the dealer has the box, it should give some indication of NYPD trigger. Not that one owuld ever notice the difference..

If u have anicecardrive to the dealer,sleep allnight outside, be #1through the door, ask questions etc, seeif they hve the box etc, look the gun over closely, if it is stainless it willbe marked. then grabur wallet and buy that sucker and get the hell outta therebefore they reliaze u robbed them: Just sayin.:israel:

kerby9mm
05-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Jocko. I should have known it is marked between the 9x19 and the serial # just like my mk's right. I lost my head in all the excitement

jocko
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I think ur right. mine is that way. good luck.

i GUESS saying good luck is probably not the right way to say it. How about good buying to you.. Good luck sounds like a shot in the dark.

kerby9mm
05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I think ur right. mine is that way. good luck.

i GUESS saying good luck is probably not the right way to say it. How about good buying to you.. Good luck sounds like a shot in the dark.

I certainly hope that you are referring to the color of the gun.

jocko
05-25-2012, 06:57 PM
I have no clue!!

wyntrout
05-25-2012, 07:18 PM
I got my stainless K9 in early '98 and it's marked to the right side of the frame like your MK9. My DLC PM45 is marked on the front of the right side with "Stainless". I would guess that polymers are marked on the largest stainless part... the slide.

Wynn:)

wyntrout
05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
I have no clue!!

BUT... if your post count was up there with Turbo Bucket Mouth... like it should be, you would sure have a lot of posts... to not have a clue!:boink:

Wynn:D

JFootin
05-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Who is Turbo Bucket Mouth?

wyntrout
05-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Dang! I wonder?? :confused:

Click on Community, Members list, then down on Posts... giving a list by number of posts. Disregard the 100K test one. Jocko should have the #2 spot and probably about 2K or so behind "Turbo".:D

It's a shame that our info is updated for all posts... especially # of posts when the particular one was made... and changes to signature, avatar, etc. It would be nice to see everything as it was when each post was made!

wyntrout
05-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Danged thread drift.... :rolleyes:

Blast from the past:

Ranked by # of Posts as of 5 PM EDT/18 March 2010:

#1 jocko 1310 :blah:

#2 JohnH 887

#3 Wyntrout 815 :blah::third:

#4 Vinikahr 612

#5 Bawanna45cal 464

#6 Dietrich 443

#7 jeep45238 381

#8 In-Yo-Grill 346

#9 500KV 317

#10 Itxi 284

#11 ripley16 272

#12 mr surveyor 225

#13 wagon 221

#14 zena 218

I was going for the top 10 and then decided there should be at least one Lady that I was sure of... some of the others could be:confused:... that's the fun of the Internet!
I started with a minimum of 500 goal. After paging through the members for 72 pages, I was looking at the list and thought... maybe it's like other lists and it will sort highest down...yup!
Some of you guys will have to work harder. No one is going to overtake jocko, but I can see getting second soon. JohnH isn't such a Bucket Mouth!

Wynn:D:banplease:

#5 saw this list and it was like lighting the fuse on a rocket... Turbo Bucket Mouth was born!

Link to this exciting episode from the PAST: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1589&highlight=Lords+Loquacity

Wynn:D

JFootin
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Dang! I wonder?? :confused:

Click on Community, Members list, then down on Posts... giving a list by number of posts. Disregard the 100K test one. Jocko should have the #2 spot and probably about 2K or so behind "Turbo".:D

It's a shame that our info is updated for all posts... especially # of posts when the particular one was made... and changes to signature, avatar, etc. It would be nice to see everything as it was when each post was made!

Oh. I see who Turbo is! :yo: I can remember a few months ago that jocko was over 10,000 and he has gotten himself demoted 2 or 3 times since then. So, I think he might be right there with Turbo, if not ahead of him. :yell: That puts you in 3rd :third:, with me coming up behind you. :boink:

jocko
05-26-2012, 03:50 PM
u guys are nuts!!! JFootin u ain't 3rd ,4th or anything. can u spell loser??/Now find ur place in line with wyn and wait ur turn: Just sayin!!:D:D