PDA

View Full Version : trigger pull

Snazuolu
05-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I decided since i have a long weekend and nothing to do, that i would "experiment" with my cw40. One problem i have with the magazines is they rattle loose. I'm gonna play around with making the hole for the mag catch a bit smaller. also since i HATE the long trigger pull, i took some measurements and decided to shorten the trigger bar by by 3/32". and see if that will help. i will also have to remove some matl on the poly frame where the trigger bar rides to make room for the decreased length. has anyone else tried this? anything that could help make this easier that i might have overlooked?

Markis82
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
The long trigger pull is the only safety on these guns. If you are using it as carry weapon, I would not touch the trigger bar. For some the loooooong trigger pull takes some getting used to. I'd practice, practice, practice.

50 rounds at 15 yards CM9
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/Markis82/IMAGE_204.jpg

TucsonMTB
05-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Good advice from Mr. Markis82!

If you are really excited about a shorter trigger pull, try to find one of the guns that Kahr sells with a shorter trigger pull. Be advised that they also feature a loaded chamber indicator and a manual thumb safety, so the shorter trigger pull is something of a trade off with generally unpopular other features. :rolleyes:

Best of luck!

MW surveyor
05-27-2012, 07:03 AM
You might want to order a new trigger bar before you start :)

LorenzoB
05-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Do your magazines rattle loose front-to-back or side-to-side?

Reconsider the trigger mod if this is your carry gun. Some prosecutor would have a field day (heaven forbid you would need to use it)... I believe that "premeditated itchy trigger finger" would not look good in court.

If this is not your carry gun... have a blast! And please tell us how you end up doing it and how it turns out. :)

JFootin
05-27-2012, 09:04 AM
The long trigger pull is the only safety on these guns. If you are using it as carry weapon, I would not touch the trigger bar. For some the loooooong trigger pull takes some getting used to. I'd practice, practice, practice.

50 rounds at 15 yards CM9
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/Markis82/IMAGE_204.jpg

Are you sure this wasn't 15 feet?! Did you use a rest?

gb6491
05-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I decided since i have a long weekend and nothing to do, that i would "experiment" with my cw40. One problem i have with the magazines is they rattle loose. I'm gonna play around with making the hole for the mag catch a bit smaller. also since i HATE the long trigger pull, i took some measurements and decided to shorten the trigger bar by by 3/32". and see if that will help. i will also have to remove some matl on the poly frame where the trigger bar rides to make room for the decreased length. has anyone else tried this? anything that could help make this easier that i might have overlooked?
If you are talking about shortening the overall length of the trigger bar to shorten the pull an appreciable amount, have you taken "reset' into account?
To my thinking, a shorter bar would take up some of the rearward travel much like a pre-travel screw does, but as the stock Kahr trigger resets fairly close to its starting point, I can't see where a significant amount of travel could be reduced and reliable reset maintained.
Id like to hear more about your thoughts on how the shorter bar would work.
Regards,
Greg

Markis82
05-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Are you sure this wasn't 15 feet?! Did you use a rest?LOL! 15 yards. No rest ever! Using a rest or sticks is cheating. :D i use my normal 2 handed stance. I regularly shoot 50 rounds into one target at 15 yards to begin and end a range session. Between I work on near distance self defense stuff and 1 hand and off hand stuff. There are several more pic's around the forum, of my targets. I can shoot my CM9 as good or better that any gun I ever shot.

jocko
05-27-2012, 09:47 AM
the new kahr with the enhanced trigger is merely 1/8" less travel than any kahr elite trigger. Why would it be worth doing even??? I can't believe an 1/8" is gonna make u any more or any less accurate with your kahr. Just sayin

muggsy
06-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Are you sure this wasn't 15 feet?! Did you use a rest?

His groups at fifteen yards look just like my groups at 7 yards. I guess I'll have to get my attackers to stand a little closer. :)