PDA

View Full Version : would anybody make me some dummy rounds?

tarheelcm9
05-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Just got my CM9, and it's my first 9mm as well. I have all the dies for .45, but not for 9mm, and I don't plan on reloading for this caliber. That being said, could somebody make me some dummy rounds that I can use for trigger control practice? I will be willing to pay for them, it just seems that the $15 for the A-zooms is a little high.

ilmbaba
05-28-2012, 10:35 PM
If you just want to pull the trigger, I'm pretty sure you can dry fire the CM9 without worrying about it.

tarheelcm9
05-29-2012, 05:43 AM
I know but I want to load up some in my mag to see if Im flinching

MW surveyor
05-29-2012, 08:58 PM
I know but I want to load up some in my mag to see if Im flinching

Your best bet is to just go and buy the snap caps. Then have some one or yourself load a few into the mags (without looking) and fire them off.

bapple
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Agreed with others - just buy some snap caps.

Or use a small piece of metal to hold down the follower when practicing. Just run it through the witness holes on either side of the magazine and put the follower under it. This will prevent your slide from locking back when practicing.

jocko
05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
I have found that if I KNOW there is a snap cap or nothing in the chamber then my form seems perfect as far as trigger squeeze goes, but when u have snap caps, (one or two or whatever) somewher ein ur magazine and mixed with live rounds, then when u hit a snap cap it will show BIG TIME ur ill ways.

What most shooters do know that flinching is related to the BANG THING HAPPENING. U don't know ur flinching when the BANG thing happens as u are now anticipating it. Let me put this in a way most of ol timers can relate to.

If I fart every time I shoot a round that makes the bang thing, and my shots are low right. I maybe think.... damn gun something is wrong with it, but if I am shooting , I may not be thinking that my farting is causing it. Then when I hit maybe a round with a dead primer and I still fart and jerk the trigger badly. Then I have to admit it is not the gun.:behindsofa:

MW surveyor
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Excellent analogy.

mr surveyor
05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
and does Mrs. Jocko have to wash out that underwear?????

bapple
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
excellent analogy.

ha! :D

Infidel proud
05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
wait was the fart a live round or a blank?

TucsonMTB
05-31-2012, 11:40 PM
I will be willing to pay for them, it just seems that the $15 for the A-zooms is a little high.
Actually, the problem I have had with the aluminum A-Zooms is the extractor damaging them, at least in other guns. Haven't tried it with the Kahr, but I think you should try to find a local reloader to help. I understand you can punch out the primer and replace it with a cross section of neoprene rubber from a large O-ring glued in place with some of the stuff we use to glue our fingers together, by accident of course. :rolleyes:

Nothing like a brass case to handle the traffic in and out of the chamber, IMO. Best of luck. Sorry I can't help.

jocko
06-01-2012, 03:29 AM
and does Mrs. Jocko have to wash out that underwear?????

UNDERWEAR:confused::confused:

jocko
06-01-2012, 03:32 AM
wait was the fart a live round or a blank?

mind ya, but sometimes I have been know to fart and blow beer cans off a table at 7 yards. I am deadly at 7 yards and under--from any direction: Just sayin:7:

another reason now why I shoot ALONE:D It is not that people don'tlike me but it is becuase they cannot "stand" me:banplease:

Tinman507
06-01-2012, 03:45 AM
UNDERWEAR:confused::confused:

http://commandounderwhere.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Commando_main_array.jpg

jocko
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
now u get my point!!

Infidel proud
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
gotcha, so its more of a...claymore?!?!

muggsy
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I have found that if I KNOW there is a snap cap or nothing in the chamber then my form seems perfect as far as trigger squeeze goes, but when u have snap caps, (one or two or whatever) somewher ein ur magazine and mixed with live rounds, then when u hit a snap cap it will show BIG TIME ur ill ways.

What most shooters do know that flinching is related to the BANG THING HAPPENING. U don't know ur flinching when the BANG thing happens as u are now anticipating it. Let me put this in a way most of ol timers can relate to.

If I fart every time I shoot a round that makes the bang thing, and my shots are low right. I maybe think.... damn gun something is wrong with it, but if I am shooting , I may not be thinking that my farting is causing it. Then when I hit maybe a round with a dead primer and I still fart and jerk the trigger badly. Then I have to admit it is not the gun.:behindsofa:

This old fart understood you perfectly.

jocko
10-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Actually, the problem I have had with the aluminum A-Zooms is the extractor damaging them, at least in other guns. Haven't tried it with the Kahr, but I think you should try to find a local reloader to help. I understand you can punch out the primer and replace it with a cross section of neoprene rubber from a large O-ring glued in place with some of the stuff we use to glue our fingers together, by accident of course. :rolleyes:

Nothing like a brass case to handle the traffic in and out of the chamber, IMO. Best of luck. Sorry I can't help.

idea and cheaper than snap caps to.

muggsy
10-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Just got my CM9, and it's my first 9mm as well. I have all the dies for .45, but not for 9mm, and I don't plan on reloading for this caliber. That being said, could somebody make me some dummy rounds that I can use for trigger control practice? I will be willing to pay for them, it just seems that the $15 for the A-zooms is a little high.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?promotionid=666571&cm_mmc=M_Spop-Email-_-Shooting-_-Shooting_101520122_1-_-Product6_Image&cm_mmca1=msanyk@att.net&cm_mmca2=CustNum=103903460

MO_Soldier
10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
I think everyone here missed the point. . .$15 is unreasonable for snap caps. I bet he'd pay for some dummy rounds for whoever made them though.

LorenzoB
10-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't want to sound rude, but I'll just shoot straight to the point... I suggest DIY or pay up. Are you hoping someone will spend an hour and make some for you and you give them 5 bucks? Then pay $2 in shipping?

Maybe someone will? I probably would if I didn't have a family and I thought I could sell them.... but there are quite a few patents on those, and I have a family, so that's a no go for me.

TucsonMTB
10-18-2012, 10:28 PM
I think you should try to find a local reloader to help.
One of the guys at the range I frequent sell his reloads to selected people who trust him. Yeah, they broke the mold when they made Rick, but the original poster should be able to find someone close by.

LorenzoB
10-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe he wants a reloadeder to make him a dummy "non-live" round with brass and lead. Is that right? I thought he wanted someone to make (or possibly machine) snap-caps that cost less than snap-caps.

tarheelcm9, are you still there?

If you make a dead round for the purpose of seeing if you're flinching, you better be sure it looks or feels different than the rest of your bullets. It doesn't seem right keeping a bunch of "light strike" bullets around.

Still, my opinion is just buy the snap caps.

Tilos
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
His last post was 07-07-2012:p

JFootin
10-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Mods, have mercy on us and close or even delete this thread!

Tinman507
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/dummyroundcopy.png

Bawanna
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Tinman comes thru again. You never fail to amaze me.

I'll close rather than delete, save the dummy for posterity.