PDA

View Full Version : Staking a Dawson Front Night Sight on CW9 or CM9

KahrAdmirer
05-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm trying to decide between the Trijicon or Dawson front night sight for my CW9 and CM9.

The Dawson front sight is staked in. I have read that it is quick and easy to stake the front sight with the supplied tool.

Can anyone tell me how the staking works with this particular sight or what the tool does? Anyone have a picture or a link? I haven't been able to find one.

The idea of staking on a sight appeals to me but my gunsmithing skills are limited and I will be sick if I damage the slide or sight.

Thanks!!!

dademoss
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
The instructions were very complete and include some pictures, it took me about 5 minutes.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/images/Instructions/Kahr%20Front%20Sight%20Insert2.pdf

I was amazed at how easy the stock sight came off.

KahrAdmirer
05-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

So easy a caveman can do it?

bonjorno2
05-29-2012, 06:01 PM
lol, probably but i prefer the screw on sight.... hell even glock has a screw on front sight now!

jocko
05-29-2012, 06:04 PM
oh really, glocvk now ??? very interesting "watson". would that now be the 5th gneeration glock???Just sayin.:banplease:

S281
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Question for those that have installed this type of front sight. I I was doing this on my CM9 this weekend with the Dawson precision tritium front sight and had some issues with flaring the posts. I couldn't tell if I had them flared enough because anytime I hit the included tool with a mallet, the sight would not stay flush on the other side with the slide. So i would then tap the sight back down flush with the slide and try to flare the posts and kept running into the same issue. How can I tell if I flared the posts enough? Will there be absolutely no play in the sight? I did use red loctite and let it set up overnight, the sight now seems tight but I'm afraid it will come flying off at the range if it shakes loose the loctite.

jeremy1517
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
I've put Dawson Tritium sights on all my guns. Love them. I have a CM9, debating going Dawson again or trying the XS big dots.

XDGenerate
06-13-2013, 07:42 AM
I was thinking about doing the Trijicon with red loctite on the screw. I think they provide blue with it. Is the red really THAT much "tighter"?

Glock23
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
I was thinking about doing the Trijicon with red loctite on the screw. I think they provide blue with it. Is the red really THAT much "tighter"?

Mine came with red... dunno if it makes a difference, but I ordered the set (front and back).

XDGenerate
06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
How long have you had your's on? Shot it much since instal? Sorry to thread jack.

Glock23
06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I've put either 50 or 100 rounds through it since I installed the trijicons, all of which were 180gr JHP (I have the CM40).