PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns

jg rider
05-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Naaa! This could never happen in this 4 year administration.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/could-your-shotgun-soon-be-outlawed/

chrish
05-30-2012, 12:42 PM
This DIRECTLY goes to some of my statements lately that there are plenty of loopholes and government encroachment/regulation to take or limit access to firearms w/o passing new bills, hiding things in existing bills, etc.

They will find a way. I was NEVER under the false sense of security that by opening up national parks and allowing states to regulate where legal carry was allowed was Obama's way of saying 'I am gun friendly'. He's not. The government 'in general' is not, particularly the federal government agencies like the ATF, IRS, TSA...I'd be here all day if I listed them all. Basically, if they are Fed, they are gun unfriendly.

Plenty of gun ownership danger still out there folks! Vote, vote every year, vote every election, vote pro-gun.

This is pretty much EXACTLY how it happened in the UK.

Longitude Zero
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I vote pro gun even if the candidate is my polar opposite in every other category. Sadly many Republicans requre the candidate to agree with them more than not to get the citizens vote.

This is stupid.

For me if you are pro gun I don't give a crap if you are pro gay, pro abortion, pro welfare etc. Being pro gun is enough for me!!!

chrish
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I would tend to agree LZ, but the law of diminishing return applies as well. At some point, if they are pro-gun but pro-welfare and pro-social-program, there will be too many people on the take, therefore higher taxes, therefore more of your pay gone, therefore fewer guns and ammo you can buy...i.e. just another way to take your property...just deny you the ability to have property.

Property Rights and Individual Responsibility rule the day for my vote. Pro-Constitution. Which by default, these 3 platforms would have to include gun ownership or you don't really believe in those principles in the first place.

The others I don't care whether the government legislates or not, no government enforce or legislate morality. Never have, never will. Waste of our time and tax dollars to think otherwise.

jg rider
05-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I would tend to agree LZ, but the law of diminishing return applies as well. At some point, if they are pro-gun but pro-welfare and pro-social-program, there will be too many people on the take, therefore higher taxes, therefore more of your pay gone, therefore fewer guns and ammo you can buy...i.e. just another way to take your property...just deny you the ability to have property.

Property Rights and Individual Responsibility rule the day for my vote. Pro-Constitution. Which by default, these 3 platforms would have to include gun ownership or you don't really believe in those principles in the first place.

The others I don't care whether the government legislates or not, no government enforce or legislate morality. Never have, never will. Waste of our time and tax dollars to think otherwise.

I tend to agree. Although I belong to and it does some good, I'm not a big fan of the NRA's way of doing things. It closes it's eyes to all issues except the 2A. It endorses people like Reed of NV., Leahey of VT. and other pro gun progessive/ bleeding heart liberals. I believe they even endorsed Biden at some time. We have other important issues besides the 2A that need to be resolved, and as long as people like those mentioned above and others keep getting voted the conservative way of doing things will have always be in the in the back ground.

I believe the NRA should lobby for gun rights, run tallies on voting records, but keep out of endorsing people for election

AJBert
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
While I personally believe that there are a number of firearms and accessories on the market the no civilian has any reason to own for personal/legal reasons, I will never agree to making these firearms/accessories illegal. What I may find unacceptable to some, others may find what I have to be unacceptable.

Again, the constitution does not put any limits on what arms the people are allowed to have in their households.

les strat
05-31-2012, 03:12 PM
While I personally believe that there are a number of firearms and accessories on the market the no civilian has any reason to own for personal/legal reasons, I will never agree to making these firearms/accessories illegal. What I may find unacceptable to some, others may find what I have to be unacceptable.

Again, the constitution does not put any limits on what arms the people are allowed to have in their households.

The authors of the Constitution wanted to empower citizens to arm themselves to protect ourself from the government. They never dreamed that weapons would be what they are today. But we sit still and lose ownership rights a little at the time, while their weaponry techonlogy grows in leaps and bounds.

I can hear it now.... Thomas Jefferson: "They have rolling metal carriages that shoot canons???? Guns that fire how many rounds/minute????? The people should also have them to prevent tyranny!" ;)

muggsy
05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I tend to agree. Although I belong to and it does some good, I'm not a big fan of the NRA's way of doing things. It closes it's eyes to all issues except the 2A. It endorses people like Reed of NV., Leahey of VT. and other pro gun progessive/ bleeding heart liberals. I believe they even endorsed Biden at some time. We have other important issues besides the 2A that need to be resolved, and as long as people like those mentioned above and others keep getting voted the conservative way of doing things will have always be in the in the back ground.

I believe the NRA should lobby for gun rights, run tallies on voting records, but keep out of endorsing people for election

So you oppose the NRA's right to political free speech? The NRA doesn't put a gun to your head when you vote.

TheTman
06-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Here's one of those documents from a questionable source, about the banning of shotguns. Something to read if you're bored. Most of it was coverered in the first article. Of course these folks were asking for donations and stuff, I think I got all the donation begging out of it. Thats a link to a board I created, it's safe, no viruses or malware or anything.

http://govguns.atomazon.com/board1/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=224

AJbert, The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting, it's about defense from, or taking back, the government by force if necessary, and the weapons and accesories you say no civilian has any reason to own, are possibly the very things we should be buying in these crazy times.
I sure hope we can get things straightened out by a new president and congress, but that might not happen as soon as it needs too. Especially if the election is rigged as I suspect it might be in some key states.