PDA

View Full Version : First CM9 Range Report

Harleyrider
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I got a new CM9 a few weeks ago, and today was the first time I could get to the range. Being a) lazy and b) curious to see how the gun would work right out of the box, I decided to bypass the recommended break-in procedures. I put 200 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain FMJ ammo through it, and I am delighted to report that there wasn't a single malfunction of any kind. The gun was a pleasure to sight and fire. :)

All is not paradise, however. My fingers are killing me from loading ammo into the magazine (I used the stock 6-round mag, but only loaded 5 rounds to keep from ripping my fingers to shreds). The spring in the mag loosened up a bit, but loading it is still a challenge. A bigger challenge, though, is disassembly and reassembly to clean the sucker. Not exactly a joy, especially getting the slide stop out for the first time. :eek:

All in all, it's a great EDC gun, and I'm glad I got it. When my fingers recover, I plan to put some SD ammo through it, just to make sure that none of them presents any particular issues. If all goes well, I will probably keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.

skiflydive
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the group :D. It'll loosen up in short order and all will be fine.

jocko
06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
probably now u outta try cleaning andlubing up the gun.

Tinman507
06-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Get the Uplula mag loader.

Snidely Whiplash
06-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Can't beat a CM9. :D

Now, do two things:

1. Do what Jocko said. (He's right.)

2. Do what Tinman507 said. (He's right, too.)

I think Maglula, Ltd makes the very best magazine loaders. I have an UpLULA (9mm - .45ACP), a BabyUpLULA (.380ACP), a LULA (AR15), and a StripLULA (AR15). They are all easy to use, efficient, durable, and work flawlessly every time. Your fingers will love you for it.

kerby9mm
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
If you use your KAHR enough you will get rid of those sissy hands. Its like getting in shape only its your hands and fingers.

yqtszhj
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Now, do two things:

I think Maglula, Ltd makes the very best magazine loaders. I have an UpLULA (9mm - .45ACP), a BabyUpLULA (.380ACP), a LULA (AR15), and a StripLULA (AR15). They are all easy to use, efficient, durable, and work flawlessly every time. Your fingers will love you for it.

Yep what they all said. Glad your CM9 is working out good. I love mine too.

ParabellumJ
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Now, do two things:

+1 on both of those. I cringed when I read you didn't clean it. But thats just me, and its your gun. I have the UpLula and LOVE it, but I don't use it for the Kahr mags. I find loading them is not a task, not compared to my G19, and especially the 33 round mags I have for that (talk about high capacity!) The gun will loosen up a lot, and it probably would have been a bit easier had it been prepped before shooting.

jokester
06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear your new cm9 ran good.As stated clean it before you go and put some exspensive self defense ammo thru it.Let us know how she runs !!:D