PDA

View Full Version : Went to the range yesterday.

Popeye
06-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Yesterday I went to the range to shoot my new to me SKS. It shoots very well and fairly accurate. It's hard to tell just how accurate it is because the sights suck on it. I'll change that in the near future. more than likely to these. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/williams-rifle-fire-sights-for-sks.aspx?a=597848
The rifle was very reliable with zero problems as far as loading and ejecting the rounds. Even rapid fire it was perfect. They know me pretty well and let me pop off a few rapid fire rounds as long as I keep it to a minimum and not get to carried away. It is a blast to shoot and with a little work done to the sights could be a very good weapon.

While I was there I got a chance to shoot my friends CZ PO-1. Now I'm a big fan of the CZ75 B so I am familiar with the 75 series CZ. All I can say is WOW. That pistol is everything I ever heard it was. It's all metal alloy, it's light very well balanced and it's trigger in the single action mode is very good, and like every 75 series CZ it fits in your hand like a long lost body part. It's ergo's are in a class all by itself. What a magnificent piece of work that pistols is. It like a piece of art in the way it looks. I started saving for one the minute I put it down. It has moved to the top of my bucket list. If you've never shot a CZ75 series pistol and you get the chance jump on it you will not be sorry. Be warned though your probably going to want it for your collection.
What great day at the range yesterday was, I learned a lot about the SKS and how I might improve on it to make it better for my use. I also learned that I'm going to looose a few nights sleep over owning a CZ po-1.:rolleyes:

Barth
06-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Yesterday I went to the range to shoot my new to me SKS. It shoots very well and fairly accurate. It's hard to tell just how accurate it is because the sights suck on it. I'll change that in the near future. more than likely to these. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/williams-rifle-fire-sights-for-sks.aspx?a=597848
The rifle was very reliable with zero problems as far as loading and ejecting the rounds. Even rapid fire it was perfect. They know me pretty well and let me pop off a few rapid fire rounds as long as I keep it to a minimum and not get to carried away. It is a blast to shoot and with a little work done to the sights could be a very good weapon.

While I was there I got a chance to shoot my friends CZ PO-1. Now I'm a big fan of the CZ75 B so I am familiar with the 75 series CZ. All I can say is WOW. That pistol is everything I ever heard it was. It's all metal alloy, it's light very well balanced and it's trigger in the single action mode is very good, and like every 75 series CZ it fits in your hand like a long lost body part. It's ergo's are in a class all by itself. What a magnificent piece of work that pistols is. It like a piece of art in the way it looks. I started saving for one the minute I put it down. It has moved to the top of my bucket list. If you've never shot a CZ75 series pistol and you get the chance jump on it you will not be sorry. Be warned though your probably going to want it for your collection.
What great day at the range yesterday was, I learned a lot about the SKS and how I might improve on it to make it better for my use. I also learned that I'm going to looose a few nights sleep over owning a CZ po-1.:rolleyes:

And you have to taunt me with another gun I need to add to my collection???
After making several promises to myself for "no more new guns until I have a new truck".
I went to the gun show last Sunday and folded like a lawn chair in the face of a 3" heavy barreled S&W 357.

I must say though, I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face - LOL!
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo36/c0/c9/0209b2046852__1338736921000.jpeg

Popeye
06-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Barth that is very nice Congrats. Sorry for the taunting but yes the CZ PO-1 really is all that good. It is so good that even after Nato's testing, NATO approved it. Yet it is still sold to the public, Nothing has been changed.

Just stashed away a few more dollars this morning towards it.