PDA

View Full Version : Pm45 compared to cw45

Wisewolfhowling
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
After reading a lot of good opinions on the pm45 I decided to go the local gun shop and check it out. Unfortunately they don't have one in at this time. I already have a cw45 and really like the way the gun feels and shoots. My only problem is I am not a big guy and can not find the sweet spot when wearing the gun iwb that the end of the grip is not printing on the back of my shirt. So I was considering going to the pm45. How does the two guns compare in size? Or should I keep trying different holsters until maybe I find something that works?

Infidel proud
06-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I had the same problem concealing a few of my firearms, I would try a holster that has more cant. I prefer 20 percent cant, even 25 would work...the grip of the PM45 is prob only about a half inch or so shorter...

TheTman
06-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I wear a CW45 at about 4:00-5:00 with the handle canted up about 45 degrees and wear an oversize t-shirt, only prints if I bend over at the waist.

Wisewolfhowling
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the input. I might try a few holsters with adjustment and see what happens.

grunvs1978
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
He can put whatever cant you like. And he's cheap! Great holster for IWB. Also, to save a little length on the grip, try the flush mag mod
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3317

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2179578/ForumPics/resized_PJH_CW45_1-2.jpg

O'Dell
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
About four years ago I traded a CW45 for a PM45 because I wanted a 45 pocket gun. I found out the the PM45 isn't really a pocket gun except in a Jacket. The PM was later stolen and I haven't replaced it yet, [CM45 anyone?] but I did buy another CW45 in December that I now belt carry. I don't do IWB. I think that the CW pistols are about the most trouble free series Kahr makes except for maybe the K guns. I currently have the 45 and the 40, and a 9 was my first Kahr.

BEARDOG
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
[CM45 anyone?]

Yes please!;)...I am thinking/hoping, that will be Kahr's big SHOT show announcement next year ???

Is the grip on the PM45 a two finger or does it allow a full grip? Also do you think there is much difference as far as shootability/recoil between the CW and PM?

Bawanna
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I can get 3 fingers on mine but I have relatively small hands I suppose. Without the mag base on the factory mag it would be a 2 finger deal for me.

CJB
06-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Can't compare, but will say, that I chose the PM45, even with the added expense, because deep concealment, weight, was a factor.

Really, no practical differences other than size. Forget the barrel difference, its a non-issue. The front sight... ah, ya can change it if need be on the CW, but its ok as is for most uses.

I cant say enough just how reliable and trouble free my PM45s have been (got two!).

jreXD9
06-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I've been IWB carrying @ 1-2 o'clock for a couple months and by far it's proven to be the most comfortable position. Printing is greatly reduced, even with just a t shirt. With the 10 rd mag in use you're not going to know that it's on me. With the 14 rd mag in use, you MIGHT think you see it.

O'Dell
06-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Yes please!;)...I am thinking/hoping, that will be Kahr's big SHOT show announcement next year ???

Is the grip on the PM45 a two finger or does it allow a full grip? Also do you think there is much difference as far as shootability/recoil between the CW and PM?

My hands are fairly small, but it's a two finger grip for me. The shootability is not really a problem after you get used to tucking the little finger under the grip. I've had two CW45's and a PM45, and as I said it's not a problem after a while. My PM9 and Detonics 1911 also require a two finger grip.