Burmese pythons are
believed to be in the region,
upsetting the natural balance
of the ecosystem.:eek:
From The Associated Press

Woohoo!:59:

Copper&Black
02-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Thats awesome, never been a hunter, but this I am going to do. Any idea if I can use a Sig 556?

mr surveyor
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
looks like another way for a state government to profit. The stinking snakes are a non-native, invasive species that the state recognizes as being a threat to the local ecology... and they see fit to actually charge an additional fee? Also, by limiting the "season", I'm sure they expect people to fall over themselves applying for the special permit.

surv

wyntrout
02-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Dang, I would want an airboat with one of those assault shotguns loaded with 000 buckshot, 3 1/2 Magnum loads. I don't want to miss!
Wynn:D

lance22
02-23-2010, 07:40 PM
They should be legal to kill on sight any place anywhere. I wonder how you can bait a giant python?

quikduk
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I wonder how you can bait a giant python?

...with Progressive bait...and a tapered line...:behindsofa:

Price
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Finally a legitimate reason for a taurus judge

mr surveyor
02-23-2010, 11:52 PM
They should be legal to kill on sight any place anywhere. I wonder how you can bait a giant python?

what... you don't have children?

wyntrout
02-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Stray cats!:madgrin: "Kill two birds with one stone.":D

getsome
02-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Mother in law for bait and use a 30mm mortar to ger r done!!!! MMMMM python stew...:cool:

wyntrout
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
How about one of those ultra-lite aircraft with pontoons to spot the critters and maybe a couple of large capacity shotguns rigged to strafe them with? Probably not legal, but fun... unless you went down in the 'glades... then you'd have some "bait".:eek:
You could go "Rambo" and just carry a big knife... make it sporting. Don't forget there are some good sized gators and other things that are particularly fond of "people food".:eek:
Wynn

jocko
02-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Finally a legitimate reason for a taurus judge

the 3" chamber judge will certainly do a number on them to. Have a LEO in florida who fishs alot and has use dhis judge on many rattlers and cottons down there and he said they just don't move after one shot with a judge. I would think a pyton would do not much better either..

N.D.
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM

First post

Hi all I'm new here, I have a Kahr P45 I CC every day and want to learn as much about it's use and customization as is possible. :)

One way to bait Pythons is to use a live rabbit in a small cage if legal in a area you KNOW there is a Python or Anaconda in (a small clear space near water will work) but there are some down sides to doing it this way because you can't guarantee that the predator that comes a calling will be the one your authorized to take (IE; Gators, ETC.) so, maybe a small rope and pulley system rigged up in a tree would help some in most cases, so you could pull it up out of the way, of un wanted game, + all those listed snakes are really good tree climbers and it might be easier to recognize them that way.

P.S. I raised a Burmese Python, they usually won't bother you if you don't smell like food or make fast movements near them, but they can be a little agressive durring the molt because their normaly poor vission is almost NIL, and they have to defend themselves or be lunch, for whatever comes along.
a large one is nothing to be wrestling W as they are usually much stronger than a grown man and they also have a serrated razor like bite W/needle like teeth that will break off in the wound and like all reptiles a mouth full of bacterial things that you don't want in your body.

Anaconda 's on the other hand are known to be "very aggressive" and will depending on size *think large* sometimes try to eat you.

Hope this helps you guys in your hunt.

N.D

Vinikahr
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!

N.D.
02-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much! :D

N.D.