Glock 35 .40 and accessories :)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8370/photo4orl.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2257/photo5cp.jpg

Barth
06-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Melissa!
I'm not big on race guns,
but that pup looks tactical and I like!

You've seen my new heavy barrel 3" 357 right? And my Frankenstein Glock G27 4.16" ported 357
M65-3
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo40/04/d3/9d43f81abee7__1339796139000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=falsehttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo19/56/1d/8af04c72d96d__1335910560000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

Bawanna
06-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Not much prettier than a big box of shiny new bullets and lots of brass.

TheTman
06-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Looks like it should get the job done. One of these days I'm going to get my butt down to the IDPA shoot and give that a try. I have the gun a lot of people are using for that, a S&W M&P Pro 9mm, 5" barrel, factory trigger job. I compared it to a Glock 34 (I think the same gun as yours, only in 9mm), and I liked the fiber optic front sight and the nice crisp trigger on the M&P. That trigger on the M&P is as close to a single action trigger I've encountered. You take up a little slack then have a nice crisp break. Taking up the slack is real easy, there is no resistance, until you hit the spot where the trigger is going to break. Not quite as nice as a decent 1911 trigger, but as close as I've found on a DAO. I was a bit disappointed with the accuracy, but read that it takes awhile for them to "break in" and reach their potential. Kind of like what I've read about the CZ-75 needing a few hundred rounds downrange before it reaches it's potential. I'll have to get a Glock one of these days to see what this "Glock Perfection" and all that jive is about. Probably a high capacity .45. or .40.
Nothing against Glocks, just never have shot one. I've messed with them in the gun shops, and didn't much care for that bar in the middle of the trigger. For years I never wanted a polymer framed pistol, until a friend let me shoot his CW45, and I really liked it. And ended up with one of my own. Much easier to conceal (on me) than a an officer size 1911. And has enough grip to let you control it well.
I hope you enjoy your new pistol, and whup butt in the competition.

gb6491
06-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Nice pistol Melissa, congrats:)
Tom,
That 5" M&P Pro is an excellent pistol as well. My local shop gets them in every so often with the MILl/LE/1stResponders discount, but it never seems to happen when I'm there and have the okane.
Regards,
Greg

Barth
06-16-2012, 11:11 PM
I'll have to get a Glock one of these days to see what this "Glock Perfection" and all that jive is about. Probably a high capacity .45. or .40.
Nothing against Glocks, just never have shot one. I've messed with them in the gun shops, and didn't much care for that bar in the middle of the trigger. For years I never wanted a polymer framed pistol, until a friend let me shoot his CW45, and I really liked it. And ended up with one of my own. Much easier to conceal (on me) than a an officer size 1911. And has enough grip to let you control it well.
I hope you enjoy your new pistol, and whup butt in the competition.

I stayed away from Glock for decades but finally caved and got one.
I must say though just holding my gen 3 G27 in the hand it really feels off putting like a plastic brick.
And the trigger is reminiscent of a staple gun.
But owning and shooting one is a different story.
Especially with cross model part compatibility. And after market options.
You can really personalize and tune the gun to your liking.
NIB it's like a Honda that does everything well but nothing outstanding.
Just drop dead reliable.
But tuned and customized you can easily turn a good gun into a great one.
My G27-357 is a tack driver now and nothing but pure fun to shoot.

TheTman
06-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Yep, they are a lot like a 1911, you can do as much or as little as you wish. I wouldn't mind having a G21 .45 or a G22 .40. And see what all goodies can be had for them. 13+1 rounds of .45 sounds pretty good, or 17 rounds of .40 is nice too. I don't really need another pistol right now, but will have to give them a better look when I'm in looking for one. Have a couple rifles I want to get, before I get another pistol.

Bill K
06-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi Melissa haven't seen you here or on Glock Talk in awhile. Perhaps you're spending to much time shooting all the fine guns you own. :) I thought those types of guns were also setup with red dots, no?

melissa5
06-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi Melissa haven't seen you here or on Glock Talk in awhile. Perhaps you're spending to much time shooting all the fine guns you own. :) I thought those types of guns were also setup with red dots, no?

I've been spending most of my time in the GSSF forum on Glock Talk and rarely go in the general forum anymore. Plus, my job finally went full time, so I don't have as much time to forum hop. I have been shooting a lot too.

This gun is for the limited division and can only have iron sights. On the inside is a competition trigger than is short and light. It may be a little too light. One round got away from me at the range yesterday. It was on paper, but I'd still call it an AD since I didn't mean for it to go off.

Barth
06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I've been spending most of my time in the GSSF forum on Glock Talk and rarely go in the general forum anymore. Plus, my job finally went full time, so I don't have as much time to forum hop. I have been shooting a lot too.

This gun is for the limited division and can only have iron sights. On the inside is a competition trigger than is short and light. It may be a little too light. One round got away from me at the range yesterday. It was on paper, but I'd still call it an AD since I didn't mean for it to go off.

I had two unintended double taps at the range with the Ghost Rocket 3.5 and pulled it out.
It's and SD gun and I can't have that!
Then I tried the next three combos -
1) Glock OEM "-" and NY1
Is good
2) Glock OEM standard connector and NY1
I can shoot well, but it feels way too heavy
3) Ghost 3.5 (non-Rocket - no short reset) and NY1
Is the sweetest thing - I think I finally found that perfect trigger for me!

jocko
06-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I stayed away from Glock for decades but finally caved and got one.
I must say though just holding my gen 3 G27 in the hand it really feels off putting like a plastic brick.
And the trigger is reminiscent of a staple gun.
But owning and shooting one is a different story.
Especially with cross model part compatibility. And after market options.
You can really personalize and tune the gun to your liking.
NIB it's like a Honda that does everything well but nothing outstanding.
Just drop dead reliable.
But tuned and customized you can easily turn a good gun into a great one.
My G27-357 is a tack driver now and nothing but pure fun to shoot.

Gen 3 G19 when I got it was so-so. Just a normal every day glock but after magna porting it and letting accurate Iron hav eti for awhile to do his work etc and some excellent Dawson fiber optic adjustable sight,s this has to be my finest semi I have ever owner. BUT a difference of day and ight from when out of the box and from after accurate iron got done with it, so most of the credit hasto go to accurate Iron.

I gave it to my son, who never shoots the fokker, so I am gonna get it back as it sure like to shoot it at the range..:blah::blah:

ruf45
06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice gun melissa. That will be a good limited gun. Good luck

FireMoose
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
is that brass blac,k chromed? where is that color coming from? looks sick!

melissa5
06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
is that brass blac,k chromed? where is that color coming from? looks sick!

LOL! That brass is nickel.

bonjorno2
06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
cool nice piece... did you ever get a chance to try a 26/27 slide on your glock 39 before you sold it?

melissa5
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
cool nice piece... did you ever get a chance to try a 26/27 slide on your glock 39 before you sold it?

No...wonder if it would have worked :confused:

bonjorno2
06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
^^ yeah everything I have been reading on GT says it would work fine... Since they all share the same frame i wouldn't see it any different than a 30/36 combo....