PDA

View Full Version : New Member, CM9 owner.

Fxstchewy
06-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi all, just joined the Forum and just bought my First Kahr, a CM9...looking to find out all i can about my new little friend. :)

yqtszhj
06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the Forum. You have a good pistol there. Mine has been mostly flawless from day one and 100% after the first 100 rounds. Here are some links that you can check out to get your new gun ready for the first outing.

Prep of a new Kahr
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1521

lube points
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=308

The CM9 is a very tight little pistol but loosens up and shoots well after a few boxes of ammo. Make sure to clean and lube it before going out and that you watch the mag release and slide stop when shooting it for the first times. Sometimes they can be bumped when getting used to the gun when shooting and causes folks a problem or 2 the first time out.

You have about the lightest and best compact 9mm out there. If you have any problems let the folks on the forum know and we may be able to help out.

Happy Shooting.

PYROhafe
06-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a super sweet lil gun! Mine has been perfect with over 1k rounds! Read and then re-read the threads mentioned above, and your owners manual, browse around some here under the pm/cm secion and you will find some more interesting/helpful info, then take that thing out and shoot it like you stole it! If you do, I'm sure you will soon figure out why we cm9 owners unofficially clamied :D as our symbol! :D:D

Snidely Whiplash
06-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard. I think you will really like your new CM9.

I second what yqtszhj and PYROhafe said, especially the two links about prepping and lubing. Be patient. Remember, Kahr says up front that a break-in period is required.

If you have questions, this forum is the place to ask them - lots of members have thorough knowledge of and much experience with various Kahr pistols over many years. Many have at least one CM9.

My CM9 rides along with me in a Garrett Silent Thunder Sim II:
http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/silent-thunder-holsters/

I'm very pleased with both the CM9 and the Slim II holster.

(I have no ties to Kahr or Garrett Industries, just a satisfied customer of both companies.)

grit
06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi all, just joined the Forum and just bought my First Kahr, a CM9...looking to find out all i can about my new little friend. :)

Hi!

I just joined today as well, and should be getting my new CM9 this week.

I think I'll tag along and use the same info. Thanks to all!

jocko
06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
for a newbie u sure picked a super nice first kahr. The cm9 is just one awesome trouble free gun. U will enjoy it. while ur waiting do indeed read the two good stickyjs mentioned. they are informative and helpful if u need it

Snidely Whiplash
06-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Welcome aboard, Grit.

Listen to Jocko.

OnTarget31
06-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the getting the best concealed carry 9mm out there! You will fall in love with her. :D I could not be more happy and this site is awesome! Welcome aboard! :D

TheTman
06-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the forum Fxstchewy and grit. Hope you all like your CM9's. From the reports we've had they sure seem to have got that model right. I'd have to disagree with OnTarget about it being the best CC 9mm out there, you still have the PM9 to contend with, but it is probably the best value for good reliable pocket 9mm.
And of course I'm biased but I think the best pocket 9mm is the Boberg XR9S. It's rather pricey though, and hasn't passed the Jocko durability test, but it packs a little more punch in about the same size as the PM/CM9, and there are only probably less than 600-700 sold. Trouble is you can't get one. They still haven't caught up with the waiting list, and can only turn out around 200/month at this time. They just started shipping around the first of the year, after years of teasing us with their web site and forum.
I would like to have a CM9 though, I'd sure feel better about turning it in for evidence than I would my Boberg. I could go right out and order another CM9. And keep my low serial number Boberg to sell to a collector someday. I'm kinda holding out for a CM45 though. I hope those are being designed, or even tested as we type. I think that would be a little easier to manage than the CM40. I have a rifle or two to buy before I get any more hand guns.