PDA

View Full Version : Heart Broken All Over Again!

OldLincoln
06-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Sad story...

I visited a brand new LGS a week or so ago and they were still putting away merchandise. Really seem like a good people store and they had some guns out so I browsed a bit. I've been thinking about a G30SF to replace my PM9 for general carry and I saw one in the counter with a price tent thing for $479.00 in front of it. I looked at it quite a bit then left and came home to ponder a while.

After checking it all and the long discussions about budget while also discovering that's a pretty good price for a new G30SF, I got the okay. So I call today and am told the price for that gun is and always has been $630. I tell her it had a $439 tag in front of it so she walks around the counter and says that's the gun next to the Glock, some 9mm thing.

Now I chalk it up to #1 - I had no idea what it cost and wasn't sure I wanted it until I held it. and #2 - They were still moving stuff around and they just didn't have things lined up right yet.

Now if I came across the same price and it was real I'd whip out my "Break the Glass to Use" credit card and buy the dang thing.

In my usual pre-Lotto drawing visions, I saw myself buy a pair of them with consecutive serials numbers. But I'm grateful for what I have and like most fevers and rashes this too will pass.

les strat
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
You can get that gun new for close to 5 bills OTD.

OldLincoln
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM
If I can find a new one online out of CA for $500 I'm likely to buy it. That would still be in my round numbers bucket.

Barth
07-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I was just about prepared to get a G30 at the last gun show.
Keep hesitating cause I already have my amazing, tuned, convertible G27-357.
And a Sig Sauer P220/45 for that .45 itch.
So the G30 really doesn't make sense for me...

Fortunately I have secretly been on the look out
for a classic pre-lock 357 mag Smith with a 3" barrel.

And guess what showed up?

O'Dell
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Sad story...

I visited a brand new LGS a week or so ago and they were still putting away merchandise. Really seem like a good people store and they had some guns out so I browsed a bit. I've been thinking about a G30SF to replace my PM9 for general carry and I saw one in the counter with a price tent thing for $479.00 in front of it. I looked at it quite a bit then left and came home to ponder a while.

After checking it all and the long discussions about budget while also discovering that's a pretty good price for a new G30SF, I got the okay. So I call today and am told the price for that gun is and always has been $630. I tell her it had a $439 tag in front of it so she walks around the counter and says that's the gun next to the Glock, some 9mm thing.

Now I chalk it up to #1 - I had no idea what it cost and wasn't sure I wanted it until I held it. and #2 - They were still moving stuff around and they just didn't have things lined up right yet.

Now if I came across the same price and it was real I'd whip out my "Break the Glass to Use" credit card and buy the dang thing.

In my usual pre-Lotto drawing visions, I saw myself buy a pair of them with consecutive serials numbers. But I'm grateful for what I have and like most fevers and rashes this too will pass.

Whew, that was close. You almost bought a Glock! :behindsofa:

Barth
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Whew, that was close. You almost bought a Glock! :behindsofa:

Come on man... LOL!

mr surveyor
07-01-2012, 09:09 PM
what's a glock?

Ljutic
07-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Ease your pain with a G36 for about 550 new. (check Buds). When your budget allows pick up XS24/7 big dot sights and a few spare mags from Midway and you'll be all set. I'm seriously torn between the G36 and the P45. I think I need to do a head to head shoot-off.

Barth
07-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Ease your pain with a G36 for about 550 new. (check Buds). When your budget allows pick up XS24/7 big dot sights and a few spare mags from Midway and you'll be all set. I'm seriously torn between the G36 and the P45. I think I need to do a head to head shoot-off.

I think I want to hear the results.
Please add a Springfield XDs to the shoot-off please!

OldLincoln
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
At the same time the fever is beginning to break, today I spent about 15 minutes with a G30 in my waistband. Felt good. Maybe it's my weird skeletal system, but the thicker gun didn't bother me a bit. Like the 1911, I knew it was there, but if I carried it every day that would go away like the PM9 did.

But like I said, I held it and carried it and the fever stayed under control. I figgure another week and I'll be tickeled all over again with my apparently gun-for-life PM9.

Also found out my membership expired a 3 days ago. Since I didn't use it enough to pay for it last time I won't renew it this year. Break even is 10 trips but I doubt I did 7 last year.

downtownv
07-04-2012, 04:45 AM
It was a message from the Kahr Gods..... Keep what you have, you were never disapointed!

Tinman507
07-04-2012, 05:04 AM
http://davidmunger.com/images/move-along.jpg

Rudy9
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I would opt for the G36 over the 30/30SF.

If your in that market -- get a Glock 29. Same size , much more power. I wish I didn't sell mine but the ammo costs were out of my range right now.

G29>G30

G36>G30

XDS = having a lot of issues , I would wait a bit until they are sorted out.

OldLincoln
07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I have tried out the G36 and while it is good for my grip, I found the G30SF just as good. The grip on the 30 is actually shorter than the 36 and it's mag holds 10rds - the CA limit. I've stopped carrying spare mags as I don't have my left pocket modified as a dual mag carrier for my skinny pants. Someday I'll likely rethink this but not now. If I can carry 11rds in the gun, that's better than 6 in and a 5rd spare. So the 30 SF is just as concealable as the 36, no spare mag required, and comfortable to boot. And that's why I chose the G30 SF.