PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Needed Here

Bawanna
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Anyone besides me notice that Jocko and Ms Zena don't have avatars? What is an avatar anyhow? Who thunk up the word avatar in the first place. I'm thinking it might be fun for the rest of us mere mortals (excluding Mr. Dietrich of course since his heart is pure and on the same higher plane as our subjects but we still need his help) to help pick out an appropriate avatar for the super stars of Kahrtalk! I'm trying to type with enthusiasim with little success!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Does that help?
I'd start it off with a pic myself but I don't want to muddy the thread before it even starts. For some reason when I read Jocko, Walter Brennan (my hero by the way) comes to mind. Ms Zena remains a mystery but Reba Macintyre is vaguely in my mind picture. Could be totally off the mark on her.
Rumor has it that like myself they are somewhat challenged in applying the aformentioned avatar also. Not a disgrace (I had to have a smart person do mine for me). Not to imply that they are not really smart, I don't think computers and smart are related. Anyhow we can join up and help get them applied.
Let the games begin. Please be respectful, I'm fond of these two.
My first attempt at a new thread and I'm really making a mess of it. Put this under the MK section, boy am I dumber than dumb. Hope this works out.

jocko
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
whats an avitar???I never did any flying to earn an avitar badge, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn lately??

and Bawanna, I do resemble that remark about Walter Brennan!!! And Reba is my cousin by the way. Gods truth, you know I never lie!! Actually she lip synchs, she can't carry a tune at all.

Bawanna
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
How bout my favorite shot of Walter. I was hunting for REba when I got struck by Elly May from Beverly Hillbillies. I don't know why.
My heart is broken that Reba can't sing. Wish she was my cousin or perhaps better yet another rider in the hummer limo.
Maybe John Wayne and Jessica Simpson would be a better angle?????????

Raoul
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Let's see,
Zena...strong, independent minded, willful. Takes no crap.
It's cliche, but has to be:

http://www.naws.com/Xena.jpg

jocko
02-26-2010, 05:16 PM
How bout my favorite shot of Walter. I was hunting for REba when I got struck by Elly May from Beverly Hillbillies. I don't know why.
My heart is broken that Reba can't sing. Wish she was my cousin or perhaps better yet another rider in the hummer limo.
Maybe John Wayne and Jessica Simpson would be a better angle?????????

that elly may is a MAN???

Bawanna
02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Raoul,
Your good, dang good. That could be the one right out of the chute. Can't wait for input from Ms Zena herself.

First Reba cant' sing, now Elly is a man? Next thing you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus and no new guns under the tree for me. I'm on the ground again curled up in a little ball sucking my thumb. Don't call Dr. Phil I'll get over it.:7::boink::blushing:

Raoul
02-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Jocko...knowledgable, opinionated, a man's man. Good fella to have at your back.

http://www.naws.com/bluto.bmp

wyntrout
02-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Not Bluto, but Popeye... "I yam what I yam." And Walter Brennan without the limp.

Wynn:D

Got to entertain the wife for an hour or two... unless we fall asleep!

Bawanna
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Isn't it Brutus and he's a villain. Not sure I can get my head wrapped around Jocko and villain. Popeye? Maybe some possibility there. You ever been on a boat Jocko?
I never been on a shrimp boat but I been on a really really big boat.
Course all he's been telling me today, he'll probably tell me hes a girl.
Guess this is as good a time as any, Jocko, I'm your fodder.:)

jocko
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Got to entertain the wife for an hour or two... unless we fall asleep!

surely wyn: your blowing some real smoke here now????

jocko
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Isn't it Brutus and he's a villain. Not sure I can get my head wrapped around Jocko and villain. Popeye? Maybe some possibility there. You ever been on a boat Jocko?
I never been on a shrimp boat but I been on a really really big boat.
Course all he's been telling me today, he'll probably tell me hes a girl.
Guess this is as good a time as any, Jocko, I'm your fodder.:)

real big un. Wife and I done the maiden voyage of QMII out of NY, but truthfully we liked staying at the Holiday Inn better..

Vinikahr
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
real big un. Wife and I done the maiden voyage of QMII out of NY, but truthfully we liked staying at the Holiday Inn better..

With that all Holiday Inn staying, Do you have come across
Paris Hilton?

jocko
02-27-2010, 09:58 AM
not my type!!!!

Vinikahr
02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
not my type!!!!

She is everybody type (but no the marrying type in a way)

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 02:41 PM
If I didn't already have my dream wife, this would be an ideal woman(awesome movie):

Raoul
02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Ok, so how about this one Jocko?

http://www.naws.com/j.jpg

Bawanna
02-27-2010, 06:56 PM
If I didn't already have my dream wife, this would be an ideal woman(awesome movie):

Oh yeah, real cutie and a great movie. I might watch it for the 47th time tonight. She's a sweetie.

Bawanna
02-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, so how about this one Jocko?

http://www.naws.com/j.jpg

For what tiny little bit it's worth, I like it. Although I think he's a drag queen in the evenings.

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah, real cutie and a great movie. I might watch it for the 47th time tonight. She's a sweetie.

Yeah, I've got a copy and I've seen it several times, but I'll stop when it's on DISH and watch it to the end every once in a while 'cause the end is so kickass -- "But, I'm a sitting US Senator" -- famous last words.:D
There are a lot of politicians that could use a dose of that kind of whoopass.

Bawanna
02-27-2010, 10:08 PM

Ms. Zena where are you? Is this you? And wheres the little bit of help from Mr. Dietrich.

I found a good pic of Gilligan but it was too big to post and I don't know how to change the size. Probably not a good match anyhow.

mr surveyor
02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
For what tiny little bit it's worth, I like it. Although I think he's a drag queen in the evenings.

wow.... from reading Jocko's posts I would have never suspected that:eek:

surv:)

Bawanna
02-28-2010, 08:16 PM
wow.... from reading Jocko's posts I would have never suspected that:eek:

surv:)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets be crystal clear here. I meant the avatar photo, certainly not Mr. Jocko. Heck I wouldn't say something like that if I suspected and confirmed it was true. I got a few years left before I cross the river, sure don't need to spend those days watching over my shoulder for Mr. Jocko's fatal blow. I apologize Mr. Jocko a thousand times for any possible misunderstanding here, I just didn't see that coming.
Ok, OK I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm afraid. Second time in my life. First was an encounter with a rattle snake nest. This is scarier.
Give peace a chance. Can't get that slogan out of my head now. Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight he'll just kill ya. I'm old too, maybe it would be draw but me thinks not.
Jeff Cooper help me.....................:2rolleyes:

mr surveyor
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Good save...... or, good try anyway........

bwa-ha-ha-ha:p

Bawanna
02-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Well Mr. Surveyor, in addition to your effort to get me killed by Mr. Jocko, you knocked a cog loose in my brain. Actually I was focusing on my impending death and thought of the perfect avatar for Mr. Jocko who I firmly believe is not a drag queen day or night. I don't think he even saw that cowboy Back in the Mtns, Broken pony, Broken cowboy friend? Crud it was broken somebody's unnatural buddy system stuff. I know I throwed up and I wasn't eating. My mind was flashing shots from Death Wish so who better to represent Mr. Jocko?

What do ya think Mr. Jocko, do anything to blow your dress up? I fear I'm in trouble again.:2rolleyes:

mr surveyor
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
What do ya think Mr. Jocko, do anything to blow your dress up?

sometimes you just have to put the shovel down and use the ladder.

I wonder if Jocko has the pickup truck loaded up yet?

surv:D

jeep45238
02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I fear I'm in trouble again.:2rolleyes:

Nah, pictures of 2 Ruger Revolvers can never put somebody into a tight spot :biggrin1:

Bawanna
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Try this on for size. I thought about using it myself. My hero, my favorite rifle. A truely fitting avatar to represent Mr. Jocko. Any slanderish remarks directed at Eastwood and I'm firing up the Hummer!

wyntrout
03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I love Clint Eastwood, but he's gotten soft in his old age... 80 soon! That movie was good, but it didn't end as I wished. I'm more of a "Death Wish" kind of guy. If you wrong me, and you're stronger, we old guys can be pretty mean and sneaky -- no mano-a-mano crap when the odds aren't in our favor. We didn't get to be old by not being smart... and sneaky... as needed! Watch your back and be very afraid!:D
Wynn

getsome
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I like it....Cant go wrong with Clint..... Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f***ed with? Thats me..:33:

wyntrout
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Yup, I can't remember when or where, but there was this town that had a real bully that terrorized every one. One day he was found shot in the back(?) from afar. I don't think they looked real hard for his killer. I sure wouldn't put up with any crap and if the law couldn't stop him... I'm sure that one of his victim/enemies would! :7::84:

wyntrout
03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Dang! There was an osprey with a fresh catch flying this way. He circled that telephone pole out front at least 4 times! I got my camera and hoping I could get a "live" shot while he was dining there, and post it. I guess he decided that it was too windy and open today, and flew on.:(
I see a lot of stuff sitting here -- birds, helicopters, and such with the Navy and Coast Guard presence.
When the Second Gulf War was ginning up, I saw the entire helicopter complement of the 101st and others fly by here from the West and across to the Marine Depot at Blount Island. Many hundreds or so -- didn't try to count, watched for a week or so. Then much later(years?) I saw almost as many re-deploying or whatever. Quite a show with all of the Apaches, Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Kiowas, and whatever else, plus the usual busy Navy air traffic of Seahawks flying up and down the river.
Wynn:)

Bawanna
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Well Mr. Jocko, lets hear from you. Seems like we got some positive input on the Eastwood. Several people have asked me if Hollywood came and asked me for lines for him. Only Clint could get away saying the things he said in a movie. Course it's everyday dialogue for me. I failed miserably in PC class.
Ooh, got another idea for Ms. Zena. I'LL BE BAAAAACK.:eek:

Bawanna
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Thought I'd find something suitable from GI Jane but alas couldn't find anything appropriate. Some nice hot photo's but nothing worthy of Ms Zena.
Do I have to con Mr. Dietrich into providing Molasses bread for a prize here or what?

Bawanna
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
All right, in lieu of the new Harley Rider information on Mr. Jocko,(who knew?) hows about Mr. Sonny Barger (former president of the Hell's Angel's) astride his pretty Harley. Now theres an avatar to separate the sheep from the zebra's.

zena
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
:blushing: I didn't know Wyn was going to share that pic he took sneaking into my room, catching me offguard all undressed. I 'splained to him that Bawanna had already proposed....and he very gentlemanly backed off. :D And if I get a vote on Jocko's avatar....Clint!

Bawanna
03-07-2010, 07:24 PM
:blushing: I didn't know Wyn was going to share that pic he took sneaking into my room, catching me offguard all undressed. I 'splained to him that Bawanna had already proposed....and he very gentlemanly backed off. :D And if I get a vote on Jocko's avatar....Clint!

Dang it:mad: Why that peepin tom picture taking Mr. Wyn, you know what happened to his counter part in the movie. I'm tempted to bust the hummer out of the paint shop and have Popeye Fed Ex me a can of whoop, I mean spinach. Actually I'm gonna let him off with a verbal warning this time cause that was my hands down favorite of all of them. If he hadn't been lurking and doin his evil deeds we just wouldn't have it. There's definitly room in the hummer for that cutie less of course Ms. Zena and Ms Mx5 don't want her around.
I have to agree on Jocko as well, Clint be da man.