PDA

View Full Version : How old is too, old?

muggsy
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Makes one wonder if proper police procedure was followed.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8432

HDoc
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
"the lieutenant sent other officers to the back of the house while he forced entry."

I'm not seeing anything here that I might not have done.

TheTman
07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Why was the cop forcing entry, couldn't he have knocked and announced he was police respoding to her 911 call? Some 92 year olds are in diapers, and some are sharp as a tack, everyone one is different, so how do you determine how old is too old?

MLESa7990
07-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Why was the cop forcing entry, couldn't he have knocked and announced he was police respoding to her 911 call? Some 92 year olds are in diapers, and some are sharp as a tack, everyone one is different, so how do you determine how old is too old?

"After doing a perimeter check and finding no signs of anyone trying to break in and after trying to contact Ms. Huddleston with no response..."

TheTman
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

muggsy
07-13-2012, 07:20 AM
"the lieutenant sent other officers to the back of the house while he forced entry."

I'm not seeing anything here that I might not have done.

If you don't see anything that you might not have done then you might have been the one shot with a .357 mag.

muggsy
07-13-2012, 07:22 AM
"After doing a perimeter check and finding no signs of anyone trying to break in and after trying to contact Ms. Huddleston with no response..."

I'd say that the officer got a .357 response!

jdavis
07-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I find it difficult to believe that the officer involved would not have attempted to verbally announce his presence and intention before forcing entry. Even if he feared an intruder was in the house, his forced entry would have alarmed the alerted the intruder and he would have caught fire. Not a good situation since the 911 operator failed to maintain contact with Ms. Huddleston when she is scared out of her mind.

Planedude
07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Dead is about 5min too old...

Nothing else.

CJB
07-13-2012, 07:57 PM
One time... I was at the old Spectrum Recording Studios, and as is usually the case, we were doing some photo work, for the owner, after a session. For those who dont know anything about the recording industry, sessions usually START late at night for various reasons - better and less fluctuating power (yes it matters), less noise from traffic, planes, etc etc.

So, sometime between the wee hours and dawn, the owner and I were in the front office, and we heard sounds at the door. The door was locked. Then we SAW the door knob jiggle, and saw that it was trying to be turned. So, whats ol' CB do? He pulls his only weapon - a large knife - and bolts out the door to get the drop on the bad guys. The next sound heard was "FAAAAAAK DON'T SHJOOOOT!!!", which was followed by the sound of a large Schrade knife hitting the ground, and the door slamming rapidly behind me as I re-entered the building. You'd have thought the cops would have said something - anything. Outside, six cop cars, inside, me and Mike.

I stuck my head out... went out to drawn weapons and with my hands in the air began to berate the cops. Then Mike came out, and did the same thing. Finally... the head cop came over to us and all the rest put their guns down. I think they got the sense of mutual "oops". A quick discussion, and explanation of the recording industry's hours, and all was well - except for the busted lock - how I busted it on the way out, I have no clue.

Such is my life.

muggsy
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Dead is about 5min too old...

Nothing else.

I like that kind of thinking.