PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Very good start.

marksr
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I finally got to the range with my new CM9 today. Everything went great. Did the lube first as recomended and shot a 175 round mix of winchester and remington without a single problem. Now I just have to get used to the trigger, shooting low and left, but couldn't be happier with the gun.

skiflydive
07-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the group. Your CM9 sounds as trouble free as most these days. Enjoy it. They're a lot of fun to shoot. Low left is very common for new CM9ers until they get experienced with the trigger.

Where are you in Michigan?

yqtszhj
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forum and great range report. You'll get used to the long smooth trigger and you'll like it even more.

Bill K
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk.

You got a good one, glad to read you're happy with your new CM9.

Rubb
07-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Welcome...with a start like that I highly doubt you’ll have an issue.

JFootin
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smile off our faces! So, here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

The trigger just gets smoother with a few hundred rounds thru it. Get the Wolff 5 lb striker spring. Easy install using the striker spring retainer tool described in a Kahr-Tech sticky. Making the trigger a little lighter will help minimize the aiming issues.

marksr
07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Skiflydive, I'm in Southfield

marksr
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks to all. JFootin, I think I'll order the spring now.

jocko
07-11-2012, 04:23 PM
u will like the 5# striker spirng. nice thing is that it does not change trigger travel, just the pull factor. Some claim they can't tell the difference as normally kahrs factory triggers are smoother than glass and even though they say they come in at 7+ pounds, most who have measured them report 6+. either way it is nice drop in part and if u don't like it, just take it back out, no harm no foul.

U got a nice cm9 there, the more u shoot it the better allthings in it will get ad it will feel like a different gun after 4 or 500 rounds. To me it is amazine how muc some of the kahrs do change with rounds down range..

I can say from experience that at first my PM9 was a b!tch to han d rack but after a few hundred rounds the gun and I both got to know each other alot better and then all of a sudden everytbing became so easy to do. Pay attention to JFootin, once in a blue moon he comes up with a nice idea. Just sayin!!!!