PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Trigger Issue

Buckeye
02-27-2010, 08:37 AM
New member and multiple Kahr owner here. I have a CW9 that has recently developed an issue and I'm looking for some help. I recently noticed that when pulling the trigger I get a "click" after the trigger breaks. In other words, I squeeze the trigger, the trigger breaks as normal and as the trigger continues in the follow through there's a slight catch and "click". It will also exibit this click if I pull the trigger without the action cocked and it will do this every time.. I haven't fired the gun since I found this issue but I suspect it would fire fine. This gun has never done this before and it started out of the blue so to speak. Any help is appreciated as I'm trying to avoid the cost and hassle of shipping it back.

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. Someone should be able to help you here. Have you taken the slide off and watched the action work as you pull the trigger? See if you can find what's clicking or the area, at least. You might try a search on this forum for "CW trigger clicks' or something like that.
Good luck. It's no fun when our toys get "sick".
Sometimes there might be a metal shaving or something that has finally found its way into an area to cause trouble.
Wynn:)

jocko
02-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the forum. Someone should be able to help you here. Have you taken the slide off and watched the action work as you pull the trigger? See if you can find what's clicking or the area, at least. You might try a search on this forum for "CW trigger clicks' or something like that.
Good luck. It's no fun when our toys get "sick".
Sometimes there might be a metal shaving or something that has finally found its way into an area to cause trouble.
Wynn:)

PROCESS OF ELIMINAITION. wITH THE slide off, try the trigger system. My bet the click is not in the lower half but quite possable in the slide and quite possably in the striker channel area. Just not many parts there. Try spray cleaning through that little hole on the bottom of the slide. While inserting the nozzle in that little hole pull back ont he striker itself andit will blow all crap outta that area. A drop of oil on that striker block also will help somewhat. If it is in the slide area. I would not worry about it, I can't see how it can be in the lower section. Spray clean that area also and then a drop of oil on the trigger and on the cocking cam.

would be ncie if you reported back to us what you fond to.. Might help someone else down the road someday..

Vinikahr
02-27-2010, 09:32 AM
PROCESS OF ELIMINAITION. wITH THE slide off, try the trigger system. My bet the click is not in the lower half but quite possable in the slide and quite possably in the striker channel area. Just not many parts there. Try spray cleaning through that little hole on the bottom of the slide. While inserting the nozzle in that little hole pull back ont he striker itself andit will blow all crap outta that area. A drop of oil on that striker block also will help somewhat. If it is in the slide area. I would not worry about it, I can't see how it can be in the lower section. Spray clean that area also and then a drop of oil on the trigger and on the cocking cam.

would be ncie if you reported back to us what you fond to.. Might help someone else down the road someday..
Jocko I officially declare you the Oracle of Kahr.:cheer2:

Buckeye
02-27-2010, 10:19 AM
My bet the click is not in the lower half but quite possable in the slide and quite possably in the striker channel area.

You are probably correct. Now that I've messed with it some I have confirmed that the click only happens when the slide and frame are together, with the slide off the trigger makes no click and is smooth. Later tonight when I get some time I'll really get into it but I'm betting your advice will solve my problem. Hopefully a good cleaning and going over will solve it and I will post back with results. Thanks for the good advice so far

jocko
02-27-2010, 10:21 AM
You are probably correct. Now that I've messed with it some I have confirmed that the click only happens when the slide and frame are together, with the slide off the trigger makes no click and is smooth. Later tonight when I get some time I'll really get into it but I'm betting your advice will solve my problem. Hopefully a good cleaning and going over will solve it and I will post back with results. Thanks for the good advice so far

PM sent

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Buckeye, I don't know what advice Jocko's sending you, but if you decide to strip the slide, be sure that you check out the guides on the forum here, because it can be tricky and tiny parts can fly. There's a special tool that I can sell you to enable the disassembly without needing a third hand... just joking, but there is a little "C" clamp you can make out of a coat hanger that really helps.
Oh, just because Jocko has the most posts on this forum -- 8.63% of almost 13,000 -- doesn't mean that he knows everything... close, though... at least he thinks he's close. He's been around a while and does know a lot about these Kahrs.;)
Good luck.
Wynn:typing::D

Buckeye
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Jocko has been kindly talking me through some stuff and long story short, after checking and cleaning the striker and related parts the problem persists. When I get a chance I'm going to detail strip the slide but judging by what Jocko and I went over I don't expect to find anything there.
What I did find out was odd though....with the slide stop out of the gun the secondary "click" goes away. With the gun completely assembled ( either cocked or uncocked ) the trigger has the odd catch and click at the end of it's travel. With the slide stop out the click is gone....either with the action cocked or uncocked. So if I'm field stripping it and pull the trigger to remove the slide.....no click. If i put the slide back on without installing the slide stop....no click. Put the slide stop in and **** the action....click from that point on. If I put the slide stop in the frame without the slide on the gun....no click.
The barrel coutout looks fine with no burrs or anything and the slide stop looks fine. Any additional advice is appreciated as I'm stumped. Looks like my carry gun may have to go back to Kahr next week:mad:

jocko
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Buckeye, I don't know what advice Jocko's sending you, but if you decide to strip the slide, be sure that you check out the guides on the forum here, because it can be tricky and tiny parts can fly. There's a special tool that I can sell you to enable the disassembly without needing a third hand... just joking, but there is a little "C" clamp you can make out of a coat hanger that really helps.
Oh, just because Jocko has the most posts on this forum -- 8.63% of almost 13,000 -- doesn't mean that he knows everything... close, though... at least he thinks he's close. He's been around a while and does know a lot about these Kahrs.;)
Good luck.
Wynn:typing::D

u sure keep an eye on my posts totals wynn. Never actually stated that I know alot about anything, but I am always open to new things also.

In-Yo-Grill
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
This thread is of significant interest to me because my CW9 also makes a clicking noise but it does it with the slide removed. I can put on the trigger and there is a click every time. His sounds different than mine.

jocko
03-01-2010, 09:49 AM
This thread is of significant interest to me because my CW9 also makes a clicking noise but it does it with the slide removed. I can put on the trigger and there is a click every time. His sounds different than mine.

some serious over oiling where all parts MOVE . Let it sit over night then wipfe what you can off and see if that helps any. YOu can't hurt anything by trying this. Might not do any good either but worth a try..