PDA

View Full Version : 24 out of 25

Chief Joseph
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/25/Studies-24-out-of-25-Gun-Uses-for-Self-Defense-Not-Crime

muggsy
07-28-2012, 06:51 AM
If owning a gun saves just one life.....,

Spoken so that a liberal can understand it.

7shot
07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
If owning a gun saves just one life.....,

Spoken so that a liberal can understand it.

:israel::israel::israel:

JFootin
07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
An excellent fact! 24 out of 25 persons using their God given right for it's intended purpose: self protection.

I am adamantly in the face of every anti-gunner, insisting that they can take my guns and my right to defend myself away only once they have removed ALL guns, knives, clubs, ice picks, screwdrivers, hammers, shivs, etc., etc., etc. from ALL criminals and can guarantee our safety from ALL violent, deady attacks upon our persons. In fact, removal of all criminals from society would be necessary, because evil hearts will always be able to create deadly weapons to use upon us. Of course, they can't do that! The bible says that there will be a new heaven and new earth where peace will reign, but even during Christ's millennial reign there will be violence and a huge uprising and making of war against Him at the end. So, case closed until there is peace and righteousness on earth!

CrabbyAzz
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
An excellent fact! 24 out of 25 persons using their God given right for it's intended purpose: self protection.

I am adamantly in the face of every anti-gunner, insisting that they can take my guns and my right to defend myself away only once they have removed ALL guns, knives, clubs, ice picks, screwdrivers, hammers, shivs, etc., etc., etc. from ALL criminals and can guarantee our safety from ALL violent, deady attacks upon our persons. In fact, removal of all criminals from society would be necessary, because evil hearts will always be able to create deadly weapons to use upon us. Of course, they can't do that! The bible says that there will be a new heaven and new earth where peace will reign, but even during Christ's millennial reign there will be violence and a huge uprising and making of war against Him at the end. So, case closed until there is peace and righteousness on earth!

You guys must be quoting the old testicle, because Jesus said turn the other cheek. I just don't get where you guys derive this god given right to guns. One of the commandments said "thou shalt no kill". Their were no exceptions or proviso's.

yqtszhj
07-28-2012, 03:15 PM
You guys must be quoting the old testicle, because Jesus said turn the other cheek. I just don't get where you guys derive this god given right to guns. One of the commandments said "thou shalt no kill". Their were no exceptions or proviso's.

:popcorn:

Longitude Zero
07-28-2012, 03:21 PM
One of the commandments said "thou shalt no kill". Their were no exceptions or proviso's.

Most biblical scholars state that the most likely translation was "Thou shalt not murder." The word kill was almost certainly put in surreptiously by man. There is a WORLD of DIFFERENCE between the meaning of kill and murder. Many times all thru the Bible from begining to end God commanded/ordained his chosen pepole to smite aka kill their enemies.

Soldiers kill enemy combatants every day but it is NOT murder. Kill and murder do not mean the same thing, not even close.

JFootin
07-28-2012, 04:35 PM

Troll alert! I thought CA smelled like a troll. Now I know. :001_tt2:

CrabbyAzz
07-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Most biblical scholars state that the most likely translation was "Thou shalt not murder." The word kill was almost certainly put in surreptiously by man. There is a WORLD of DIFFERENCE between the meaning of kill and murder. Many times all thru the Bible from begining to end God commanded/ordained his chosen pepole to smite aka kill their enemies.

Soldiers kill enemy combatants every day but it is NOT murder. Kill and murder do not mean the same thing, not even close.

We catholics don't really pay much mind to the pre-Jesus bible. Other than the 10 commandments, our beliefs are based upon things Jesus said and did, not prophets. The old testament is basically like sharia law. I wasn't aware that many Christians took the old testament seriously. Jesus never did or said anything to condone killing for any reason. That's why I was dumbfounded as to any correlation between god and guns. We learn something everyday.

JFootin
07-28-2012, 06:08 PM
We catholics don't really pay much mind to the pre-Jesus bible. Other than the 10 commandments, our beliefs are based upon things Jesus said and did, not prophets. The old testament is basically like sharia law. I wasn't aware that many Christians took the old testament seriously. Jesus never did or said anything to condone killing for any reason. That's why I was dumbfounded as to any correlation between god and guns. We learn something everyday.

Actually, my reference was not biblical. I was referring to the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life..." And the Second Ammendment to the Constitution: "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." We are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable Rights, including the right to life. The Second Ammendment assures our right to keep and bear arms in order to defend that life.

Longitude Zero
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM

To compare the Old Testament to sharia law is beyond the pale of bad taste. Actually what the Pope says is and is not are the beliefs of the catholic faith, and he is not perfect but a fallible human being nothing divine. I put my faith in the Almighty and not some enfeebled man in Vatican City.

Now back to the OP's intent of this thread.

chrish
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Well then Crabby, I'll take your bait even though many would advise against it.

Given that you only respect the new testament and the old is invalidated by Jesus...I guess you'll have to concede and go home now as the new testament, per Jesus, you should supply yourself w/ weaponry to defend yourself against theives and evil people. Buy a sword, which at that time, was the height of a personal defense weapon. Concealable. His advice. And he advocated selling other necessities in order to purchase said weapon. At the same time, he said enough is enough, you don't need to go hog wild. Everybody in the group doesn't need one, just a couple, to defend the group.

As for 'thou shalt not kill', as mentioned, the correct Hebrew translation is murder, not kill. If there were no exception, then why did God provide the law in order to stone those who broke certain laws (those who DID murder). You said, no exceptions, well?

As for old vs new, I guess pick and choose what you want. But Jesus said he came to fulfill the law, not replace it. I'd suggest you dig deeper regarding what that means and get back w /me. I expect people to do their homework before I'll engadge further.

Care to continue? I've got the time.

les strat
07-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Well then Crabby, I'll take your bait even though many would advise against it.

Given that you only respect the new testament and the old is invalidated by Jesus...I guess you'll have to concede and go home now as the new testament, per Jesus, you should supply yourself w/ weaponry to defend yourself against theives and evil people. Buy a sword, which at that time, was the height of a personal defense weapon. Concealable. His advice. And he advocated selling other necessities in order to purchase said weapon. At the same time, he said enough is enough, you don't need to go hog wild. Everybody in the group doesn't need one, just a couple, to defend the group.

As for 'thou shalt not kill', as mentioned, the correct Hebrew translation is murder, not kill. If there were no exception, then why did God provide the law in order to stone those who broke certain laws (those who DID murder). You said, no exceptions, well?

As for old vs new, I guess pick and choose what you want. But Jesus said he came to fulfill the law, not replace it. I'd suggest you dig deeper regarding what that means and get back w /me. I expect people to do their homework before I'll engadge further.

Well said.

Longitude Zero
07-30-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd suggest you dig deeper regarding what that means and get back w /me. I expect people to do their homework before I'll engadge further.

I sugggest not holding your breathe waiting for CA.

chrish
07-30-2012, 03:37 PM
I sugggest not holding your breathe waiting for CA.

:-) I'm not. But maybe he's busy reading his Bible and reading up on some commentary that ties his KJV back to the Hebrew and Greek so he's better prepared next time.

gm412
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM

I find it real hard to believe this guy has any guns. I think he just comes on here to argue. No one I have ever met who has guns would ever talk the way he does. I pretty much stopped reading what he says.

downtownv
07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
:hippie:He has a right to express his thoughts, thanks to all those who fought for those rights.
I think he's either screwin with y'all or simply out of his element, being in any gun forum.

Longitude Zero
07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
simply out of his element, being in any gun forum.

This is my thought on the matter.

JFootin
07-30-2012, 08:26 PM

rago
07-31-2012, 07:10 AM
and anyone who voted for him get what they deserve:86:

johnh
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Sorry guys, religious debate is not something we want on the forum. Folks just get to upset about such things.