PDA

View Full Version : New plinker/paper puncher

skiflydive
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I picked up a new plinker/paper puncher today, a Bersa Thunder 22.
A soon as I run some lead down it I'll have a review but in the meantime the build quality seems very good. It's a couple ounces heavier than my CM9 but it's all metal. I like it. It seems like it'll be fun and cheap to shoot.

Anyone else have one of these they can comment about?

Thanks

ripley16
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I have a T22. It is a fun plinker. I wouldn't describe it as a very high quality pistol, but at the price it is OK. I do like the sights and the controls are placed well. Some people complain of very stiff safety/decocker levers. I shoot only higher velocity ammo, as people also complain of ejection problems with lightly powered bulk ammo. Mini-Mags work great and I especially enjoy shooting Stingers.

I can't find mags in local stores so I ordered one from Eagle Imports. For only $255 I think the T22 is a good deal and can be loads of fun.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Current%20Pistols/Bersa22015.jpg

I also recently picked up a GSG 1911-22 that has impressed me a lot. The mags are robust and slick, accuracy of this gun blew me away and the overall quality seems high.

Bawanna
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
I think the GSG 1911 might be worthy of a photograph. Ya think?

GROTMAN
08-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't have one of those but bought a Walther p22 a couple of weeks ago. Between me, my wife and dtr have put 500 rounds through it already with zero problems. I love paying under $7.00 for a hundred rounds and has been a good training gun for the both of them. Hope you enjoy yours as much :)

skiflydive
08-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I made it to the range today. All in all the Thunder 22 was OK. Not stellar...just OK. I got all 100 on the plate at 7 yds. I need to tweek the rear sight a little and modify my sight picture vs my CM9. I had 7-8 nosedives and a couple of FTE's using CCI Standard Velocity lead. I had cleaned and lubed it well before I shot it but I think I'll lube it a little more generously next time out and see if that helps until it breaks in a little better. I'm happy with the recoil...or lack thereof. All in all I was pretty happy and got it settled down as far as aiming. When I started with my CM9 I was consistently low left so it was surprising to start out high right with this.

yqtszhj
08-07-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the GSG 1911 might be worthy of a photograph. Ya think?

I want one, just limited by CASH :(