PDA

View Full Version : 20 round Thompson mags

DeaconKC
08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Just saw they had these back in stock.
http://www.ima-usa.com/thompson-smg-20-round-wwii-magazine-auto-ordnance.html?utm_content=burnerstoys%40ameritech. net&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Military%20Antiques%20SALE%20%26%20NE W%20FINDS-%20Only%2072%20Hours!content

Story
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Better deal here, and the owner is a good guy.

$99 SPECIAL
http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/specials.html
Stock up on a great deal with (five) 5 Thomspon 45cal magazines(20rd) with mag pouch for $99.00. Limited quanities so dont miss out.

Bawanna
08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Well I fought it long as I could and couldn't get past it. Just contacted Omega for one of the 5 mag sets. I'm gonna get a beating when the wife finds out what I done. Whoa is me, but I'll be happy.

Deacon's sending me some unmodified 30's so my Tommy will be well fed in a week or two, now I just need to get some bullets and run that loading press ALOT!

Of note, I have to send him a written order and a check as he doesn't take on line orders or credit cards at this point. I'm ok with that, impatient but ok. Kind of old school and I like that too.

Bawanna
08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
FYI- I got a message back from Mr. Bell. These are brand new / old stock lend lease to Russia. Basically unissued in perfect condition.

I'm down for 5 myself. Now I kind of want 10 or 20. I'm a mag hoarder I think.

DeaconKC
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I told my wife i want these for my birthday........what does the eyeroll mean in this case?

Bawanna
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Crap I just now got the eye roll and the how many do you need line too. No Tommy mags for me. I gotta find a weekend job and create a slush fund. Won't let me buy no bullets even though I'm completely out.
She don't buy into the get em while you still can scenario.

I'm doomed.

DeaconKC
08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
At least I'm in good company.

jhunt67
08-09-2012, 09:24 AM
You may also wish to try:

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=usgtmpnmag

Purchased three two weeks ago, sent two Seymour and on AO. All in excellent condition. On-line ordering and fast shipping. These guy's have been around forever, so you can count on them. Price is right.

Bawanna
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's a good price. Not better if you want the pouch but the mags alone that's a good deal.

Now how to approach the Mrs.

Bawanna
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
You may also wish to try:

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=usgtmpnmag

Purchased three two weeks ago, sent two Seymour and on AO. All in excellent condition. On-line ordering and fast shipping. These guy's have been around forever, so you can count on them. Price is right.

Well I couldn't stand it any longer, I took the plastic and ordered 5 of these 20's from atthefront.

If you don't hear from me again you know I crossed the line one too many times. Hope they get here before I get the beating or pushed down a stairwell. At least I'll cross the river happy.

Now I can focus on resupply on 45 ammo. She ain't gonna like that one little bit neither. Woah is me.

jhunt67
08-13-2012, 08:59 AM
You mean your UPS guy doesn't call ahead and you meet him at the corner?

Bawanna
08-13-2012, 09:07 AM
You mean your UPS guy doesn't call ahead and you meet him at the corner?

I got lucky when I decided to have the mags delivered to work. The tracking number said they require an adult (Over 21) signature. Dodges a hail of bullets on that one.

Bawanna
08-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Darn it took me forever to refind this thread.

I just received my order from At The Front for 5 20rd Tommy mags. If you order they do require an adult signature so plan accordingly. They look brand spanking new. I got 4 Auto Ordnance and 1 Seymour. Wish it was the other way around as the Seymours I've seen look better quality.

These all look really good though. I need to tweak my mag catch just a bit more to fit the AO's I already have and I should be set in the Tommy arena.

At 15 bucks a copy, I thought it was a good deal. Now just save up for a truck load (large) of 45 ammo an life will be just fine.

Bawanna
08-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I just spent a couple hours, (tinkering pace) and fine tuned my mag catch lever. When I originally modified it I was concerned about going too far so only took enough to barely make an unmodified mag lock in.

I discovered that I didn't go nearly enough. None of the new 20 rounders I got would lock in and only the Seymour's I had before would lock in, not the AO's etc.

So I took off some more material and after maybe 10 in and out trials I'm happy to report that all the unmodified magazines work perfectly and lock in rock solid.

The 20's seem to fit the snuggest, (barley lock in) but insert, give a good smack and they are solid so I'm gonna leave it as good to go pending some actual live fire trials.

Picture a big smiling dude in a wheeled land craft......that's me.

Story
11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Not my ad, but for the performance artistes out there - a pair of 20 round 'blank' mags
http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/collectors.cgi?read=44218

JustinN
12-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I gotta find a weekend job and create a slush fund.

If only you had a worthwhile skill like making grips or something.....*cough cough*

jocko
12-18-2012, 10:30 AM
If only you had a worthwhile skill like making grips or something.....*cough cough*

I think he needs to work with esmeralda for a few months to see if can improve. She loves to ride horses, so Bawanna and her ha ve sumpin in common with horses. Just sayin

His table manners suck:D

I can say without a doubt ,,, he hates monkeys..:behindsofa:

Bawanna
12-18-2012, 10:40 AM
The sad thing is I can't possibly make grips fast enough to make it pay.

It takes 8 to sometimes 12 hours and sometime longer. I've streamlined it considerable since my early days butchering wood and some power sanders etc would speed things up immensely. It seems when I go for speed I always am somewhat disappointed with the end product.

Heat and good light in my garage would be a good start. I work mostly in my man cave warm and well lit with a drill press and a bandsaw the only power dust makers.

I sometimes trek out to the garage for some power sanding to save time but not a good deal.

I really don't want to be rich anyhow, having to lay awake at night wondering how someone is trying to steal it or the monkey taking a huge cut. I actually don't hate monkey's, but I have little use for missing links, you know the step between monkeys and us. I could name one but I hear helicopters overhead.