PDA

View Full Version : Just brought home my first KAHR CW9

yellow-x
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Just picked up a new CW9 today, look forward to taking it to the range to try it out and see how it does. Been eyeing them up for a little while now and finally decided to do it.

ripley16
03-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Kahr.

Vinikahr
03-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Excellent!

Welcome!

hdawson
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
You're in for a real treat.

Vinikahr
03-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Just picked up a new CW9 today, look forward to taking it to the range to try it out and see how it does. Been eyeing them up for a little while now and finally decided to do it.

Of course we want to see picture of it, if not, it did not happen!:D

jocko
03-03-2010, 11:31 AM
go to the kahr tech section in this forum for thier guide to proper lube points for yoyr kahr. It is awesome. Break it in with fmj ammo to get reliable, then go to the defense round ouf your choic.

Read the manual and then when done reread it again. There are some key points in that manual that are a must. Using slide lock lever to load the first round is a must, Proper way to have the recoil spring on the gun.

You have a dandy gun there. It willplease you alot, just take your time with the looooong but totally smooth trigger system. It is there by design. Practice close 7 yards and under. Remember it is what it is ,,,,, a pure 100% defense gun...

and if you have any issues in teh first 200 rounds, pay no attention, just keep shooting, keepit clean and lubed, good grip and more rounds the gun will all of a sudden just smooth itself out. Kahrs are tight, they dtned to say that way to.

In-Yo-Grill
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome for the Forum and to the extended family.

P.S. DO WHAT JOCKO SAYS!!!

rkirk
03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new pistol. Be safe and good shooting. I love mine!

-- Richard

recoilguy
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Excellent choice. have fun and be safe. this gun should last you a very long time and give you plenty of enjoyable days at the range.

RCG

yellow-x
03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone!! Took it to the range this afternoon and put 200 through it with no issues, the only thing I noticed is I bumped the magazine release twice on the last round. I change my grip and no problems. I have been reading on here for a little about them and learned all the little things about using the slide lock and read about the lube points. Lovin it so far!! Now on to find a holster for it!! Planning on another crossbreed to add to my collection.

yellow-x
03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Oh...And here is the proof!! All cleaned up after her range visit!!

In-Yo-Grill
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone!! Took it to the range this afternoon and put 200 through it with no issues, the only thing I noticed is I bumped the magazine release twice on the last round. I change my grip and no problems. I have been reading on here for a little about them and learned all the little things about using the slide lock and read about the lube points. Lovin it so far!! Now on to find a holster for it!! Planning on another crossbreed to add to my collection.

Great news...

I highly suggest a Hogue HandAll Jr for the grip. It will make the shooting even that much more enjoyable.

jocko
03-03-2010, 03:29 PM

seem to work better when you prep a gun before going out with it.. Nice report.

RiskPro
03-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Glad to hear it is working well. I can't say enough how much I like my Kahr CW-9.

Every morning I grab mine out of the safe and carry it. Sometimes I actually forget it's on me.

Glad you found the site as I was a few months back. I've learned a good bit from these folks.

Vinikahr
03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Excellent!

kb2wji
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Yikes. I cant believe you bought a CW9. It's junk. If you have any sense you'll get rid of it. I'll give you $100 for it. :D Kidding of course. Sweet gun...have fun with it!!!!

jreXD9
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Great news...

I highly suggest a Hogue HandAll Jr for the grip. It will make the shooting even that much more enjoyable.

or even the bicycle inner tube method. I've got that on my CW9 and a Hogue on the PM9 and I'm not sure which I like best.

wyntrout
03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Before you spring for another holster, see if that baby will fit in anything else. I have a Minituck for my PM9 and the K9 fits it and is a tad looser, when not wearing it. I tried my PM45 and it fits, but just a tad tighter than the PM9! I haven't tried wearing the holster with the other two, but it seems like it's my universal holster.
It seems the same way when I was looking a UM cheapie holster for quick short carry to the store. I'm going to pick up a size 12 right-hand IWB next week, but I think that all the Kahrs I have, so far, will fit into the same holster... or close enough! Something to think about, anyhow.
Wynn:D

I'm not cheap... just efficient and thrifty... okay, I'm cheap about some things... obviously not about Kahrs and ammo!:D

yellow-x
03-08-2010, 06:35 AM
This is my first Kahr so none of the holsters I have will work, but the crossbreed I ordered also says PM9 so someday when I have some money to blow I will pick one of those up and not have to worrry about buying another holster.