PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eagle Pistol Jericho 941 9mm

toast1012
08-11-2012, 08:07 PM
So i didn't see a thread on this firearm and would like to open it up for discussion so that more shooters may enjoy the great reliability and accuracy of the 9mm Jericho 941.

I have had my Baby Desert Eagle now for about a month and a half and have fired over 1600 rds thru it, all lead free. I like to use Federal Premium 98 grain frangible 9mm law enforcement lead free ammunition for 1500 rounds and the rest were lawman, umc, and winchester. This ammo burns real clean and requires very light and convenient cleaning due to the low amount of fouling substances and no lead:cool: My fingers love it and so does the gun!

The only reliability issue is that my aftermarket mags would occasionally not feed a round correctly every 2-3 hundred rounds and the edge of a casing to a fresh round would jam in the closing chamber. It requires nothing more than i simple tap on the rear of the slide with ur palm or recock it.

I think the overall weight also contributes to this beast's accuracy. It boasts an impressive 3 lbs when loaded! Thats more than my 6" 7 shot .357 magnum revolver! The weight makes the recoil seem like much less than that of any other semi i have shot. I was hitting 3 inch rings everytime at 35+ft indoors and that, for me, is amazing! I also added Hogue monogrips because they help SOOOO much!

warbird1
08-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Hello fellow 941 owner. I have had mine about 4-5 months although it was built in 2008. Highly accurate and soft shooter as you say. Mine is the compact model. I put a grip sleeve on mine. Pachmayer tactical for a Glock 17. Fits like a glove. It has not given me any problems and feels great in the hand. My favorite 9mm in my collection.

FireMoose
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
i want one.

picked up a CZ85 combat (which i love!) til i can find one locally.

WallsofJericho941
08-18-2012, 08:27 PM
I got the newer Baby Eagle II (not really new same Jericho/Baby Eagle just with a II after it) chamber in 40 S&W. had it since July 11th put about 900 rounds through it. Its the most accurate auto-loader I have shot and I have shot quite a few this last year. A 9mm will be my next purchase. The gun may be heavy but I carry it. Have not had a single issue with it. Israel makes some kick ass weapons.

mrcrzy
10-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi, Just picked up the 941B 2 days ago and yesterday took it and a few more to an outing. They all proved out standing in my biased eyes! It is a heavy gun but, accuratcy did not diminish after it having been shot off and on all of 3hours during a outing as I said. Recoil normal the octagonal polygonal rifling is great found the safety and decocker to be intagrated causing it to become a DA and dead trigger if you forget to place back into fire mode I don't believe that particular feature was needed on this type of pistol. Found, due to upper receiver design not much to hold on to when you rack it back. However, I do like and enjoy it very much, would not use as DC but, I do like it very much

warbird1
10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
You're right....not for daily carry but great for everything else. Accurate and built to last.

totesmagotes
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
First BDE II for me... I bought the compact model for a daily carry firearm. DA trigger isn't as smooth as some I have fired but the follow-up SA is sweet. I love the look of it and everything about the construction of it oozes quality.
http://midwestguntrader.com/cl_upload/0114/15211838791.jpg

BabyEagleII9
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Just received my BEII yesterday. Full size steel 9mm w/ 15 rd mags.

I have been searching the internet all morning looking for additional mags.

Cheaper Than Dirt has some listed, but I'm concerned about quality. I've tried getting a parts# from Magnum Research so that I can purchase originals, but have been unlucky in that direction.

Anyone have a suggestion or link for extra mags?

Thanks

warbird1
07-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Just received my BEII yesterday. Full size steel 9mm w/ 15 rd mags.

I have been searching the internet all morning looking for additional mags.

Cheaper Than Dirt has some listed, but I'm concerned about quality. I've tried getting a parts# from Magnum Research so that I can purchase originals, but have been unlucky in that direction.

Anyone have a suggestion or link for extra mags?

Thanks

Curious as to if you found any...

warbird1
12-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Just in case anyone is still looking the mags can be found at CDNN.

warbird1
12-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Still loving my Jericho. IWI is bringing the Jericho line to the US very shortly and NOT as the baby eagle. I want the 45.

Flieger
05-04-2015, 10:16 PM
One of the most overlooked handguns in the market. Built to last and if you have the polygonal barrel, accurate that compares to anything. The CZ design truly is a superior design.

Daniel71
05-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Why is there so little interest in the Jericho? People on the Sig Forum are talking about how happy they are to pay $800 or so for a CZ-75 clone made in Switzerland.

warbird1
05-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Why is there so little interest in the Jericho? People on the Sig Forum are talking about how happy they are to pay $800 or so for a CZ-75 clone made in Switzerland.

What clone are you referring to?

Daniel71
05-25-2015, 11:07 AM
What clone are you referring to?

http://www.sphinxarms.com/

This is the one. They make many versions of the CZ-75, and they each cost a fortune. I'm sure the tolerances are tighter than on the CZ-75 or Baby Desert Eagle, but I'm not sure tighter tolerances are such a good thing outside of the race gun circuit.

warbird1
05-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Interesting but I think I will stand pat.

Daniel71
06-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Interesting but I think I will stand pat.

I agree. It think any one of the Israeli CZ clones is fine.

warbird1
06-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Yep. My Jericho and my CZ's do the job for me.

jsona
06-15-2015, 04:28 PM
I've been contemplating getting a Jericho in 9mm. Would I be correct in presuming any reputable gun dealer could order one, as I've not seen any in store anywhere around here.

I'd presume most dealers would either want a decent down-payment, or payment in full up-front.

Thanks,
Jason

kenemoore
06-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Try www.galleryofguns.com (http://www.galleryofguns.com), they will hook you up with a local vendor, but I think it's going to be hard to find. Limited production/importation.

warbird1
06-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Found a polymer version (used) at my local pawn shop. IMI markings. I say used but if it has ever been fired it wasn't for more than a mag. Rails and barrel show zero wear. Missing original mags. Put it on layaway. Oh and it's the compact. Must be in my collection. ;)

Daniel71
06-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I've been contemplating getting a Jericho in 9mm. Would I be correct in presuming any reputable gun dealer could order one, as I've not seen any in store anywhere around here.

I'd presume most dealers would either want a decent down-payment, or payment in full up-front.

Thanks,
Jason

Try gun broker. They have lots of IWI Jericho's and BEII's. I haven't seen any BEIII's listed there yet. Last time I looked, Magnum Research was advertising the BEIII on the web site, but not listing it on the product page.