PDA

View Full Version : Recoil Springs for P9/K9

R A Miller
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I own a Kahr P9, P9 Covert and two K9s. I would think that all of these pistols would use the same recoil spring.

The Kahr Store has different part numbers for the K9 and P9 recoil springs. Does anyone know if these are in fact the same spring?

Also, does anyone know what the power rating is for the factory supplied recoil springs for the P9 and K9?

Thanks,
Rick

ripley16
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Wolff lists the recoils spring as 20#.

I compared my T9 and TP9 springs and guide rods. They are both the same. I would assume that the K9 and P9 also share the same parts.

oldtex
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I own a Kahr P9, P9 Covert and two K9s. I would think that all of these pistols would use the same recoil spring.

The Kahr Store has different part numbers for the K9 and P9 recoil springs. Does anyone know if these are in fact the same spring?

Also, does anyone know what the power rating is for the factory supplied recoil springs for the P9 and K9?

Thanks,
Rick

Do the recoil springs for the P9 and K9 have the same number of coils and the same diameter? Do they appear identical otherwise?

jocko
03-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Order your springs from wolffs, they make um for kahr also. Your factory springs are 20#. If I was going to order any springs for my K9 or P9 I would order the 22# springs from wolffs listed under the K9 section. Both use the same springs. don't worry about the coil count etc, Just order what is listed and u will be good to go. The 22# springs just work the slide so much nicer and also will last alot longer...

If you notice the 20# springs are listed to fit the K40 to. which to me seems alittle light for the 40cal gun, but they work, so if u have any doubts about anything I say or others say,just stick witht he factory 20# springs. They won't let u down ..

jocko
03-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Wolff lists the recoils spring as 20#.

I compared my T9 and TP9 springs and guide rods. They are both the same. I would assume that the K9 and P9 also share the same parts.

u are dead right..

oldtex
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
u are dead right..

Jocko, do the T9/TP9 use the same recoil spring as the K9/P9?

jocko
03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Jocko, do the T9/TP9 use the same recoil spring as the K9/P9?

but I am gonna say no!! Why??

Tp9 and T9 barrel is 4.0" overall length 6.5" (the same )

K9 BBL is 3.5", over all lenght 6"
P9BBL is 3.6", over all length 5.8"

I don't see enough difference in the barrel of the K9 and P9, actually .1" to make a differece in the recoil spring set up

BUT there is a difference between the T series and the K series in over all barrel lenght and slide length, that I would certainly think would make for a different recoil springs. I will find out though. My message is in to kahr for an answer.. No sense just guessing here either..

CORRECTION:

Today I recieved my reply as to recoil springs for different kahrs. here is what I was told....." The recoil spirngs for the TP9 AND P9 ARE DIFFERENT. THE RECOIL SPRINGS FOR THE K9 AND P9 ARE DIFFERENT.