PDA

View Full Version : Accidental shooting at the range

Dietrich
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Recently,a man was conducting a cc class at my shooting range and a student shot one of the other students by accident.I don`t know how severely the student was injured, but the bullet went through his hand and into his leg.Other than that,I don`t know any of the particulars.
The guy who was conducting the class is about to wet himself,fearing that he may be named in any possible upcoming litigation.Let me state that I do not like this man.Or his fat wife.Or his ugly children. But he did ask if I thought he might be in any legal hot water.I tried to be Christian in my response.I said that I was not a lawyer but in light of the wide ranging net that some lawsuits encompass it might not be unwise to get prepared. The plaintiff`s lawyer may say that the instructor was negligent in supervising the students or something of that nature and is therefore liable.I added that the club itself may be deemed to be a legal target seeing as he is on the board of directors and was using that position to conduct his class.
O.K. people.I know that there are some Matlock wannabes on this forum.Is what I told him feasible or not? Your thoughts please.

Vinikahr
03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I can see legal litigation in this guy future, it will be wise for him to settle out of court. We live in a society that likes litigation, that is the perk of making money in our country. Caveat: I am not a lawyer nor I play one on TV.

wyntrout
03-04-2010, 07:07 PM
For just about any reason... even a crook plying his "trade" can sue you if you injure him and his lawyer can come up with anything to make you look like the culprit and him the victim. If justifiable, rendering him DRT to stop his attack... if you felt threatened and feared for your life, would seem to stop "personal injury" suits. Personal injury suits are the new lottery these days. I wish that we had a loser-pays system for frivolous lawsuits like that. Lawyers wouldn't take so many of those cases. It costs the defendant a fortune to defend himself and if he doesn't, he loses!
That guy is in deep kimshee or sh*t!
Wynn