PDA

View Full Version : Front sight fell off

warbird1
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Cleaning my DE1911 yesterday when the front sight fell off. I guess the miniscule roll pin was defective. At least it was at home and not at the firing range so I didn't lose the sight. Took it to my LGS and he contacted Magnum Research. The gunsmith there said send in the sight along with the slide and they would fix it as that is not supposed to happen. They were very cooperative. The LGS is handling it so no cost. Just a minor inconvenience. Not like I don't have anything to shoot in the meantime.;)

Bawanna
08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't even recall how the front sight is attached on mine. Don't recall looking at it that close. I'll take a gander tonight in case any preventative measured need to be taken.

I thought it was dove tailed. Guess I better be more observant?

JFootin
08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
That's great service from Magnum Research and the LGS!

The front sight on my polished CM9 fell off and was lost while I was doing qualifying range work for my NC CCP. I guess it wasn't reinstalled securely enough after the polishing. No big wup. I had been wanting to put a FO front sight on it anyway. So I got one from Dawson Precision and had it installed. It's cool! Makes focusing on the front sight extra easy! :D

warbird1
08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
It is dovetailed however it is held in place by a very miniature roll pin. Otherwise it just slides right out of the dovetail cut.

warbird1
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
I agree. Great service from both.