PDA

View Full Version : 1st Range trip with Pm9

Mainegunner
03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Picked up my new pm9 from the gunshop last night. Went home and cleaned and lubed the gun to get ready for the range today. Headed to the range today. I shot 70 rounds of wwb 115 gr fmj and another 30 rounds of pmc 115 gr fmj. The gun ran flawlessly I was very pleased with it's performance. The gun shot point of aim and was very accurate. I will give it a good cleaning and then run another 100 rounds through it plus some self defence ammo before I carry it.

Vinikahr
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome and congrats!

Dietrich
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Mainegunner,first of all let me say we`re glad that you joined us.Secondly,the PM9 is the best pocket size 9mm made anywhere by anybody in my humble but entirely correct opinion.The range report that you posted is like so many others that have been posted here including my own.Flawless.Hollow points,fmj target it makes no difference.Just flawless performance.Congratulations on buying a top quality handgun and let us know how the second hundred rounds do.We never tire of hearing people rave about their Kahrs.

P.S. Some of the people here are a little off their rocker but not me.I`m normble.Just be careful who you listen to.

OneRudeDog
03-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome!!
That's good to hear. My PM9 has been 100% reliable since day 1. 1,400 rounds so far.
It's in a 3 way tie for 1st place on my NEVER sell list along with my P380 & PM45.:)

Bawanna
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Somebody say rocker or normble. I kind of resemble that.

getsome
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Normble people don't bake nekid!!!...:D

Alfonse
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I put 100 rounds through my PM9 yesterday. Nice gun, but I do have to work on changing my grip to work with it. I'm surprised how much longer and stiffer the trigger is than a P9 we were also shooting. I would love to get the trigger as light and smooth as an dual action 1911 we were shooting as well.

My first Crimson Trace as well. What a great thing for old eyes in a self defense gun! I could hardly hit anything with an LCP and its tiny sights, but the CT just works.

jocko
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Somebody say rocker or normble. I kind of resemble that.

i:target::target::target:n hell sent you that picture of me

Bawanna
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM

Say it ain't so, we're twins? Brothers with different mothers? I demand a DNA test.

Bawanna
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Maybe we could insert that as your avatar (whatever that is). Self portrait even if we are twins.

hollander
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I love mine as well and it is in the pocket all the time in warm weather. Enjoy your new gun.

jreXD9
03-06-2010, 09:25 AM
ever since I got my PM9 (and now also a CW9!) I've carried my xd9sc ONCE. If you like how the PM9 shoots but want something a little bigger try the CW9. It shoots even better.
I agree with Dietrich....the PM9 is the best CC 9mm out there.

jstringer
03-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I picked up a PM9 last weekend and ran 100 rounds through it the next day.
Nice pistol! Accurate as heck as small as it is and it actually LOOKS like a pistol instead of a toy like some of those small guns look like.

Mainegunner
03-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank's for the warm welcome. Heading back to the range tomorrow to run another 100 rounds through the pm9. I will let you know how I make out. I am sure it will be good.

jocko
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I do hope all you new owners have properly prepped your new guns and not just took it home and out of the box expect perfection. It can happen most of the time but one should always prep a new gun, for cleanliness, for proper lubrication, for proper being put back together properly from the factory. from any of the numerous great helpful hints that are on this forum to pre prep ur new gun, be it a kahr or any other gun.

and oh yes, Reading of the gun manual that came with it, sure helps a hell of alot also. they don't just print those manuals to be wasting good paper. Every make gun has it's own quirks on assembly/disasembly etc, proper usage etc. we have read on this forum many times of one posting a question, that was ACTUALLY PRINTED IN HIS OWNERS MANUAL.

Karhs are just super great guns and proper prep of a gun sure in hell saves some heart aches.

Bawanna
03-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Owners manual?:confused: You mean that little book?:confused: I thought that was a catalog.:19:

The oracle has spoken, just do it. You make vacuum cleaners too? Light,easy to pick up?

Capt Bill
03-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I have just picked up a PM40. What is the best Gr bullet 180, 165,or 155? I have owned a PM9 for over 5 yrs great compact & back-up.

rtrider
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Normble people don't bake nekid!!!...:D

Who bakes nekid? Better yet, who can get their wife to bake nekid? Or maybe even better yet, who can get their neighbor's wife to bake nekid?

Bawanna
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Who bakes nekid? Better yet, who can get their wife to bake nekid? Or maybe even better yet, who can get their neighbor's wife to bake nekid?

Don't tell him I ratted him out but that would be Mr. Dietrich. If my neighbor bakes nekid, I'm moving. Dumbo on the angus diet comes to mind. You got a nice neighbor? You wanna be my neighbor or what? I can't get my wife to bake nekid either. Came very close to vacuuming once but that didn't happen either. Maybe I'll try to get her to clean my Kahr, less static electricity don't ya know.:der: