PDA

View Full Version : CCW Renewal

Vinikahr
03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Rant coming!

My License is up for renewal this year, I had moved so I diligently change both of my address mailing and residential, so I received an email confirming the change. Anyway I called today to the Division to verify that they have send my renewal papers.

When I spoke to the CS she indicated that they mailed to the old address and indicated that I did not change the address, I told her that she was not correct that if fact I did changed the address and had the email in front of me verifying the change. Then she indicated that I did change the residential address but not the mailing address. Again I disagree with her, but still insisted that I did not do it.

Anyway, instead of helping me she told me to do the change again the address and online that she could not do it over the phone:lie: (you know she is lying because that is her job). Well, call again to speak to a supervisor, the issue got correct right there before the call made to the supervisor and that I was correct in the change of address. I was going to complain my bones about this.

I know how the systems work in Florida and the state employees hate to serve the public (I wonder why:biggrin1:). Anyway, that is no reason to treat people the way they do, like you have a low IQ. I have deal with many State agencies and things get lost, things do not get done right or it takes about three times either by phone or mail to request changes (when dealing with any government agency always send mail certified and follow up with then).

The bottom line is if you have not help from the person that answer the phone, mail, email etc..., do not get discourage, climb the change of command until someone does. They should be thankful that they are still employed, I know they are extremely busy, but again the behavior they show is not acceptable and I am ready to let some one know>:typing:

Bawanna
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
And it ain't just the gunshines state either by friend. It's all of em.

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, finally got my renewal paperwork, it is funny that is one page long. All that trouble for one page:eek:. This should be available to be done online, I hope that in seven years from now it is.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 01:09 PM
And it ain't just the gunshines state either by friend. It's all of em.

Good one, Bawanna! Florida -- the Gunshine State.

My biggest complaint is trying to get a photo to fit their spec's without going somewhere and paying $10! The background light is hard to get right without too many distinctive shadows.

Wynn:p

recoilguy
03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
You know most Customer service peoples job would be alot easier if it wasn't for the pesky customers. They will be glad to let you know that too especially by attitude. 75% of all communication is not the verbal part.

RCG

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM

My biggest complaint is trying to get a photo to fit their spec's without going somewhere and paying $10! The background light is hard to get right without too many distinctive shadows.

I can't take credit for the Gunshine State, saw that on Mr. Vinikahrs location. He must be our neighbor, like it or not I guess.

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM

I go to Walgreens! that is just fine! Done all the time!

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I can't take credit for the Gunshine State, saw that on Mr. Vinikahrs location. He must be our neighbor, like it or not I guess.

I can also use Police State!

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
You know most Customer service peoples job would be alot easier if it wasn't for the pesky customers. They will be glad to let you know that too especially by attitude. 75% of all communication is not the verbal part.

RCG

You think so, without those pesky customers they would not have a job!:eek::biggrin1::typing::33:

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Dang! I thought my renewal was a couple of years away, but it expires this December! They ought to let "Seniors" get permanent ones. I think Jocko said his is or was going to be. At seven years per, I hope to get a lot more renewals! IWB carry may become In Depends... or something like that. Or, maybe I could have a carrier on my walker or wheelchair, if I need one.

Nevada dropped reciprocity with Florida when our permit went from 5 to 7 years??:confused:

Wynn:)

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I can't take credit for the Gunshine State, saw that on Mr. Vinikahrs location. He must be
our neighbor, like it or not I guess.

I gotta fix the our neighbor and make it your neighbor, I'm on the opposite corner of the country. Lots of water, no huricanes, snakes, alligators or Fidel's refugees. Just liberals and very little common sense. Why do I have to be such a PC reject. Maybe I should hot glue my fingers together.

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Dang! I thought my renewal was a couple of years away, but it expires this December! They ought to let "Seniors" get permanent ones. I think Jocko said his is or was going to be. At seven years per, I hope to get a lot more renewals! IWB carry may become In Depends... or something like that. Or, maybe I could have a carrier on my walker or wheelchair, if I need one.

Nevada dropped reciprocity with Florida when our permit went from 5 to 7 years??:confused:

If I were you, I would give them a call about July to make sure everything is in order! Well, being 70 is the new 50 now days! But I am sure you will come up with ways to carry your critters:D:33::eek:

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Hmmm. I can see another theme for a Florida "vanity" plate group. I think that we lead in different distinct License Plates -- over 130 or so! It would be kind of like the "Don't Mess With Texas". We could borrow from the SciFi series BSG and say something like "Don't frack with Florida -- The Gunshine State".
Or, since some people wouldn't understand that -- "Don't Screw with Florida -- the Gunshine State".

Wynn:D

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmmm. I can see another theme for a Florida "vanity" plate group. I think that we lead in different distinct License Plates -- over 130 or so! It would be kind of like the "Don't Mess With Texas". We could borrow from the SciFi series BSG and say something like "Don't frack with Florida -- The Gunshine State".
Or, since some people wouldn't understand that -- "Don't Screw with Florida -- the Gunshine State".

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/spankystunna_2008/floridaGun-1.gif

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah... but would that be too obvious... like overt CCW?:confused:

That's why I don't have political or religious stuff on my vehicles or person. someone might target you... maybe just to see if they can steal your gun!:eek:
Or just key your vehicle as some lowlifes do. And I don't want to become a regular "random" search designee when I drive onto a Naval Station. They have this "confiscation" thing posted about dangerous weapons.
Wynn

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM

That's why i don't have political or religious stuff on my vehicles or person. someone might target you... maybe just to see if they can steal your gun!:eek:
Or just key your vehicle as some lowlifes do.
Wynn

I am ghost a fiction of your imagination, people hate me because they cannot figure me out. So you get target either way, of course not by the same people.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM

You'd be amazed what you can carry/hide on a wheelchair, especially a motor chair where weight isn't a factor. My wife used to grumble about my lightweight titanium chair weighing 25 pounds or more with extra mags, knives, bugs, tools, handcuffs, you name it. Probably have even more in my power chair but I'm getting wimpy not driving myself. Think I'm going back for a few months and buff up.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I just want to stay below the radar... unobtrusive and anonymous. I have a plain white "contractor" looking GMC van, but I do have the Florida Sheriffs' Youth Ranch plate on the rearof both of our vehicles and the 10-year Honorary Florida Sheriffs' Association plate on the front bumper of my van, plus a tiny Viet Nam service-type flag on the front and rear bumpers... plus the Mayport and officer decals. I guess that's not too unobtrusive. It's a Navy town and I support Law Enforcement.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey, Bawanna, I was thinking about you and that very thing earlier!
Wynn:33:

I think that I'll go try to make a dent in that pile of newspapers I've been neglecting. I have 7 or 8 now and they keep coming every day. I'm way behind on the comics! I love "Pearls Before Swine" and "Get Fuzzy".

deadhead1971
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
A friend in Florida puts it like this "Fun in the sun don`t forget your gun"

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM

You can CCW anything!
Let me share one of EDC( I have many) This is a G21 CCW in a very small fanny pack. It all about the illusion of it.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey, Bawanna, I was thinking about you and that very thing earlier!
Wynn:33:

I think that I'll go try to make a dent in that pile of newspapers I've been neglecting. I have 7 or 8 now and they keep coming every day. I'm way behind on the comics! I love "Pearls Before Swine" and "Get Fuzzy".

I got so many hiding places I lost my spare K40 mag in my backpack. I knew as soon as I bought replacements it would turn up. Lost for 6 months. Bought two new ones, 3 days later, flashlight wouldn't go in it's slot, put my hand in there to see why and wala, K40 mag. Went from mag poor to mag rich overnight.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Man, that's a "busy" set up... approaching ALICE. What bothers me are the people who wear the little "heart-shaped, sort of" one middle front or rear ... looks like a bikini! It's hard not to giggle -- a bit un-manly....:p

Check the previous page -- cartoon.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
You can CCW anything!
Let me share one of EDC( I have many) This is a G21 CCW in a very small fanny pack. It all about the illusion of it.

Sew some flowers on that, and maybe a UN sticker patch, hang a water bottle, and wear spandex and no one will question you. They may question your orientation but that wouldn't be politically correct so would be a no no anyhow. Your absolutely right, it's all about the illusion.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Sew some flowers on that, and maybe a UN sticker patch, hang a water bottle, and wear spandex and no one will question you. They may question your orientation but that wouldn't be politically correct so would be a no no anyhow. Your absolutely right, it's all about the illusion.

I was trying to be diplomatic about that. LOL!
:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-purpose_Lightweight_Individual_Carrying_Equipment

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Dang! I meant no offense... I hope Vini' didn't run out and hop in his car and start driving up this way. :eek: I think I may have given out too many clues about my whereabouts!:7:

jocko
03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
pack up, move to good OL Indiana home of the ccw LIFETIME license..

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Dang! I meant no offense... I hope Vini' didn't run out and hop in his car and start driving up this way. :eek: I think I may have given out too many clues about my whereabouts!:7:

I may be heading that way in September (that is my wife's graduation, so far she is not sure if she wants to go) and I will stop by your house to pay you a visit.:eek:

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
I was trying to be diplomatic about that. LOL!
:D

All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-purpose_Lightweight_Individual_Carrying_Equipment)

Diplomatic, un manly? I have 3 similar setups, large, medium, and small. I went with leather. I rarely use them anymore but used to use them all the time. Main thing is use it like the liberals, put your keys and your wallet and stuff in it also. If all that's in your pockets the fanny pack becomes suspicious. Sitting all the time, I can't keep anything in my pockets so the fanny pack worked well, now I put a little mini back pack on front for wallet, keys and stuff, and important stuff like additional mags in addition to the two balancing the gun on the 9 oclock side, I don't want somebody behind me to access. I used to keep a gun in my backpack but decided it was too easy for somebody to grab maybe without me noticing. Now it's 3 oclock, straight up on my belt like a man or as close as I can impersonate a man. The guys here often joke about how sorry they feel for the guy that see's me as an easy mark and tries to rob me or something. They use me occasionally for their training to show how to deal with derelicts in chairs. What a blast that is. Most are afraid to touch or don't search effectively or carefully. I win, they lose at least the first round everytime. :cheer2:

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Man, that's a "busy" set up... approaching ALICE. What bothers me are the people who wear the little "heart-shaped, sort of" one middle front or rear ... looks like a bikini! It's hard not to giggle -- a bit un-manly....:p

Check the previous page -- cartoon.

I'll bet that no one will dare to tell that to Hulk Hogan face, he is big and packs heat.:eek:

Vinikahr
03-11-2010, 02:35 PM
That is an idea!

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Thanks, Jocko, but we had enough snow up in Caribou and Limestone, Maine for 5 years or so. It's not so bad when your area is used to snow and has the proper equipment, though. In 1986 I went there from Germany and I imported my US-Spec 1985 Audi Quattro... and first chance I got, I bought a Ford Aerostar when they came out with AWD in 1990. I had two of those and now I have a 2005 AWD Savana so I can go on the beaches and in the snow up in Colorado. I like to be prepared and not spin my wheels.
I have a bit of land up in Colorado that we could camp out on, but I don't think I'll ever really want to build there -- no utilities and lots of snow. Bought it in 1978 ~ 5.15 acres -- fantastic view of mountains at about 7,800 feet.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Dang! I just realized that I gave out way too much info! Now Vini' can just sit outside the Mayport Navy Station and wait for my amply described van... talk about a bucket mouth!:eek:

I was onbase yesterday and shocked to see a carrier parked across the basin where the JFK used to sit! #77 and I was thinking that nuke-powered carriers couldn't get in there without a lot of dredging. This morning I saw in the paper -- front page -- that it was our newest carrier, the G.H.W. Bush. They also said that Mayport is going to be the homeport for the new Littoral Combat Ships(about 17 of them), kind of a big turbine-powered catamaran-type ship -- fast -- 43 kts. But you never know if they mean knots which is 15% faster, or if they are downplaying its top speed. I saw recent pictures of it captioned doing 43 kts... at 50% power!
Woohoo! Kick some drug runners' and pirates' butts!:cheer2:

Wow! what were we talking about and how many topics a go??:confused:

USS Independence
Here are some recent photos of the LCS 2 (to be USS) Independence .. She's at 43 knots here running at half power. NOTE the absence of a bow wave:

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Vini, I'm parked at the gate at Mayport in the non descript hummer limo with the flame job. Air support on station and SEALS on the beach. Awaiting further instructions. Over and out.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, shoot! Did everyone run off? When I said bucket mouth, I should have said blabber mouth!:blah:

We've certainly had some experiences here... especially on the water. They used to not run you off the waterways trying to keep small craft 200 yards away or whatever. We got run off from the subs out of Kings Bay up in Georgia several times... once before 911 while we were in the same channel -- neat.
One time in '98(the year we got the 21 ft Aquasport Explorer), I believe, we were bound for the ocean and coming up on the jetties at the mouth of the St johns River, when a Navy ship was approaching. I told my wife to take the helm while I ran the camcorder. We heard them talking to a boat on the VHF radio that they were overtaking as they passed us. "This US Naval Warship 67...." I heard my wife saying something in alarm as I was busy videoing the ship as it went by, then the wake hit us... a bit rough. I should have been at the helm, but we got by. I didn't know at the time that it was the destroyer USS Cole. This was the ship to be attacked years later in Yemen. After the attack and the ship was repaired, we heard it on the VHF again as we were headed south on the Intracoastal Waterway to St. Augustine. They were talking to Mayport or the Coasties as they headed back to Norfolk or wherever they are home-ported.:blah:
Okay, I'll shut up for a while.:o I'm washing and drying clothes and have other chores as MR. Housekeeper.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Vini, I'm parked at the gate at Mayport in the non descript hummer limo with the flame job. Air support on station and SEALS on the beach. Awaiting further instructions. Over and out.

Hah! Quick trip from Washington State! Are you a "JUMPER"?

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Ammo sale at Sportsmans Guide:
Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/section/sl.aspx?s=8323&gif=Y&ecid=EX10E&rp=section)

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Vini, I'm picking up third party communication, aka bucket mouth, blabber mouth, rambler?, wants to know if I'm a jumper. How'd he know that? Also knew homebase information. Is my cover blown? Did that Pelosi (*$&%( rat me out? I still like jumping, it's landing that sucks anymore. Let HQ know we need a bigger chute for the Hummer, to heavy, blew 3 tires on landing, self reinflating systems worked perfect, still on station awaiting further.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 04:02 PM
The teleporting "Jumper" from the movie.:D

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Bawanna, I was trying to figure out how to work this in -- do you remember seeing this? There's an adventure! I'll bet he needed a change of undies!

Wild Ride: Man in Wheelchair Hit by a Semi | Firstcoastnews.com | Strange and Unusual (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=83750)

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Sorry Vin, I'm going Escape and Evade mode, he's onto me.

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Didja see the previous post?

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Bawanna, I was trying to figure out how to work this in -- do you remember seeing this? There's an adventure! I'll bet he needed a change of undies!

Wild Ride: Man in Wheelchair Hit by a Semi | Firstcoastnews.com | Strange and Unusual (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=83750)

I did, all he had to do was blow a caster and he would be road kill. He's very lucky. A quick story to the story telling master. I used to handle property and evidence which meant trips to another building 100 yards away. I was going out and an officer was just leaving in one of our old Caprices. I thought I'd just grab the rear bumper and safe some time and effort. Long story short my ring got caught between the bumper and the body, I took my other hand and pulled closer trying to get loose. He didn't know I was there. He was going slow but suddenly speeded up and turned on lights and sirens. My life flashed before my eyes, I thought I'm so dead. I was actually reaching for my SOG knife to cut my finger off and beating on the trunk lid which he couldn't hear with the siren going, when he came to the 90 degree corner to head for the street, he hit the brakes a bit to make the corner and I yanked thinking it was my last shot. I pulled loose. That was a life changing moment for sure. With the new Crown Vics the bumpers are molded in and I wouldn't grab a bumper now for nothing. I can visualize being drug down to a skeleton, wonder if the officer would feel bad about that?

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Dang! You were lucky! I've never liked any kind of jewelry and only wear a watch when I have to. We were always trained in flying and other activities not to wear rings. You can close circuits and get electrocuted, but the most popular problem was instances like yours -- getting snagged on something. if you're real lucky, you might only lose a finger. You could suffer a lot worse working around aircraft on the ground and in the air.:eek:
I'm the same way about ties.

Vinikahr
03-13-2010, 12:37 PM
And it is gone!
In the Mail Certified!
Yeap I am done!
7 years!:eek:

:popcorn:

Vinikahr
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
And it is gone!
In the Mail Certified!
Yeap I am done!
7 years!:eek:

:popcorn:

Got it today, total time 3 weeks and I am good for 7 years!:third:

Bawanna
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Got it today, total time 3 weeks and I am good for 7 years!:third:

Check that off the list! Kind of a nice satisfying feeling to be sure.

Vinikahr
04-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Check that off the list! Kind of a nice satisfying feeling to be sure.

Sure thing, you did not even let the post cool down!:eek:

jlottmc
04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Well here in TX we still have to renew every 5 years, but I just did mine...and I still think that the qualifications are a joke, but still way better than NC.

Vinikahr
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Funny thing they made me sent a new picture and did not use it, the used the old picture on the previous license. :19:

jeepster09
04-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Just think.....these people will be soon running our Health Care! :eek:

sviking
04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
That's funny. I just renewed my FL permit (now 7 years, yay!) over the holidays. Didn't have a single problem and I changed my address, too. I had the renewal permit back in my hands in just over two weeks. Now, that's fast. The only problem I had was my local PD screwing up the prints and I had to have those re-done. I'm sure they screwed up the second set, too, but it doesn't matter as you only have to submit two cards and you're done. You've "done your job". Pretty standard for anything requiring an FBI fingerprint card.