PDA

View Full Version : a "would you trade" quaestion.....

JERRY
08-25-2012, 03:37 PM
im back on the Kahr band wagon now and have some real interest in their .380acp.

i have two LWS32s, one was mine, wife liked it and took it as her own so i bought another for myself.....

i havent found an occassion where i could only carry a LWS so mine sits in the safe.....

if you had a "spare" LWS32 and wanted a kahr380 would you try a staright trade?

i ask because the LWS is the crown jewel of pocket guns and the Kahr 380 seems hit or miss often enough lately......

what say you?

thanks.

Bawanna
08-25-2012, 04:08 PM
This is of course personal opinion.

I would not. I'd love to have a LWS32, I would not want the 380 version LWS.

If I didn't have one (which I don't) but wanted a 380 (which I don't) I would go for the P380 without reservation. It's a mouse gun that is close to a real gun if you follow the flow of my river. I would go in accepting that I may have some hiccups to deal with. Word has it that most of the issues that have plaqued the 380 are cured and we don't hear near the issues we used to.

Now if there was a way your LWS could come live with me and you end up with a perfect running P380 (your wife will probably want one too), now that would be a near perfect scenario.

I know I'd get a beat down from my missus but it would be worth it.

ltxi
08-25-2012, 05:13 PM
im back on the Kahr band wagon now and have some real interest in their .380acp.

i have two LWS32s, one was mine, wife liked it and took it as her own so i bought another for myself.....

i havent found an occassion where i could only carry a LWS so mine sits in the safe.....

if you had a "spare" LWS32 and wanted a kahr380 would you try a staright trade?

i ask because the LWS is the crown jewel of pocket guns and the Kahr 380 seems hit or miss often enough lately......

what say you?

thanks.

Not on my life! Not even for two, nor any other .380. That crown jewel thingy point you already made.

If you really want a .380 for anything other than loose pocket carry and are comfortable with single action I recommend a hard look at the SIG P238.

Bawanna
08-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Not on my life! Not even for two, nor any other .380. That crown jewel thingy point you already made.

Your not helping my cause here Itxi? Tell us how it's just a status symbol, dime a dozen, meaningless, dregs of the gun world meant for the dregs of society like bawanna.

ltxi
08-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Your not helping my cause here Itxi? Tell us how it's just a status symbol, dime a dozen, meaningless, dregs of the gun world meant for the dregs of society like bawanna.

It's just a status symbol, dime a dozen, meaningless, dregs of the gun world meant for the deepest dregs of society, aka bawanna and jocko.

How dat?

JERRY
08-25-2012, 05:25 PM
The cost of the lws32 and p380 are about the same i fgure so if you can afford one you can afford the other, and each are readily available...

I dont have the money for both and im kinda torn.....

bonjorno2
08-25-2012, 05:26 PM
i would... I have a p380 if you are interestred? lol jk

Bawanna
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
The cost of the lws32 and p380 are about the same i fgure so if you can afford one you can afford the other, and each are readily available...

I don't have the money for both and im kinda torn.....

Well maybe you could store your LWS in my safe for awhile (longer the better). Then you'd get a more accurate read on weather you'd really miss it or not. Plus you'd be down one gun so you'd have a clean slate to determine if you'd get a LWS or a P380? Dang, this is a great plan.

If you decide that your 9 is all you really need (which is is) and you forget about the LWS and don't feel the need for a P380, it's all good, your not out anything.

I guess I offer this as a public service.

JERRY
08-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol!!!

I didnt think i would get this much action here on this question....being a kahr forum i thought the slant was kahr...guess the lws really is the crown jewel....

MAYBE A NON LOCKED J FRAME.....

ltxi
08-25-2012, 06:12 PM

I dont have the money for both and im kinda torn.....

Well, honestly, I would look at it this way. For deep pocket carry the LWS is an unparalleled gem. In the concealment category of a NAA Mini Mag and nothing else I can think of....other than the old, classic .25ACP single actions. Go much larger/heavier than that and you're into today's super mini nines.....bypassing the .380 completely.

I currently carry, concealed, a PM9, a lw J-frame, a P238, and/or a NAA mini for speedo duty on a daily basis. The P238 will soon be replaced by a P938.

I've never owned a Seecamp...have fired them...simply because back in the day I couldn't afford one and had to make do with lesser deep concealment weapons.

Now that I'm old and half retired, I've considered the NAA acceptable beach wear. Have put off buying into an LWS 32 because I have nothing else I bother to shoot in that caliber and to get as instinctively competent with the platform as I am with my other guns involves quite a bit of time and effort.

Getting off the ramble....my .380s will most likely soon be up for sale as today substandard redundant and I've already been looking in a Seecamp .32 to supplement my .22Mag. 'Twere I you, which I'm not, I would stick with what'ca got.

ltxi
08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Lol!!!

I didnt think i would get this much action here on this question....being a kahr forum i thought the slant was kahr...guess the lws really is the crown jewel....

MAYBE A NON LOCKED J FRAME.....

We're intelligent, equal opportunity critics here. :rolleyes:

Bawanna
08-25-2012, 07:17 PM
So reading between the lines I'm reading this as a big negatory on the use of my safe for storage. Damn, I thought that was such a splendid idea too.

Well off to gunbroker I go along with all the other auctions and Buds.

I gotta quit hanging around you guys and gals. Why oh why do I need a miniscule little 32????

Because it's there! That's why.

yqtszhj
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I didnt think i would get this much action here on this question....being a kahr forum i thought the slant was kahr...

I think you'll find here that we like (and most of us want) ALL guns. :D

muggsy
08-29-2012, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't trade my P380 for a box full of LWS32's. Only the proprietor of a New Orleans brothel, Bawanna or Jocko would carry a .32 automatic. :)

JERRY
08-30-2012, 10:35 AM
dont get me wrong, i love my LWS but i have two. the .380acp is just a tad more of a good thing in a small as can be package with usable sights. while the LWS is a fine piece of man jewelry its limited in application, and i mean limited. i like the idea of making a desent shot or two beyond 21 feet at speed.

the way i look at my LWS is a derringer that is faster into action and fires more than two shots, but its range is very limited...... i know i know....most gun fights or attacks bla bla bla.....and if i could only have one it'd be the LWS, but im lucky enough to have an extra one to trade should i decide to do so....

maybe i'll trade off one of my non locked J frames instead....

muggsy
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM
dont get me wrong, i love my LWS but i have two. the .380acp is just a tad more of a good thing in a small as can be package with usable sights. while the LWS is a fine piece of man jewelry its limited in application, and i mean limited. i like the idea of making a desent shot or two beyond 21 feet at speed.

the way i look at my LWS is a derringer that is faster into action and fires more than two shots, but its range is very limited...... i know i know....most gun fights or attacks bla bla bla.....and if i could only have one it'd be the LWS, but im lucky enough to have an extra one to trade should i decide to do so....

maybe i'll trade off one of my non locked J frames instead....

I was only having a little fun at Bawanna and Jocko's expense, but I do really like my P380. Any gun is better than no gun in a gun fight. The LWS is a fine piece of equipment.

JERRY
08-30-2012, 12:55 PM
i agree....but the .380 is limited in application as well especially in a gun as small as the kahr....

i have two 642 .38spl non locked guns that i no longer carry...an airweight non locked J frame fetches a desent price i hear now-a-days.

might just stick with what i have and quit trying to chase the rabbit.....bigger bullet, smaller gun.....not always the best idea....

jocko
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't trade my P380 for a box full of LWS32's. Only the proprietor of a New Orleans brothel, Bawanna or Jocko would carry a .32 automatic. :)

LWS is pink, all the gals at JOCKO'S BROTHEL wanna see my "GUN". Just sayin:D

Scoundrel
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
dont get me wrong, i love my LWS but i have two.

So if I have this straight, you have two LWS32s, your wife uses one, practices with it, likes it, carries one regularly, and the other one is in the safe, right?

Let's say, just hypothetically speaking, that your wife's LWS leaves her possession. Maybe it gets stolen from her. Maybe she has to shoot some ass that's trying to mug her or worse, and the cops confiscate it.

You got rid of the other one that was in the safe.

How do you feel about having offloaded it now?

My two cents: Keep the other one in the safe, oiled well so it won't rust. Forget it's there. Throw a $5-spot in a coffee can every time you wish you had another gun. Wait for the jar to get full, and buy another one.

Bawanna
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
You guys just are dead set on killing any chance of that LWS becoming a bawanna LWS ain't cha.

Maybe that's a good thing really. I know my wife would think so.

Scoundrel
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
You guys just are dead set on killing any chance of that LWS becoming a bawanna LWS ain't cha.

Maybe that's a good thing really. I know my wife would think so.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=302299224

MW surveyor
08-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Hate to do this to you Bawanna.........

Keep the spare LWS!