PDA

View Full Version : I'm Keeping My PM9

Sgt.K
08-28-2012, 01:18 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_VYhxgZZy1g/T9QClCacVGI/AAAAAAAAAxM/_M89dRZKUr4/s1600/2012-06-09+16.41.23ax.jpg

I had to work with it a little to get it to be reliable with my choice of ammo, 124 +p Gold Dots but it's a keeper. It rides in an ankle rig when I have to be absolutely concealed. It's been 100% reliable with the 7 rounder, it was the 6 that gave me problems. Do you think I would have the same results with more of them? I want to get some extra mags and I know that some have problems with the 7's.

Thanks.

Sorry it took me so long to stop lurking.

Bawanna
08-28-2012, 01:25 PM
You've found the cure, no more lurking. Darn fine shooting, I rarely do that good with a # 2 pencil prior to posting my target photo's.

In an ankle rig I think I'd stick to the 6's myself but the choice is yours of course.

Sgt.K
08-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks!

jocko
08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_VYhxgZZy1g/T9QClCacVGI/AAAAAAAAAxM/_M89dRZKUr4/s1600/2012-06-09+16.41.23ax.jpg

I had to work with it a little to get it to be reliable with my choice of ammo, 124 +p Gold Dots but it's a keeper. It rides in an ankle rig when I have to be absolutely concealed. It's been 100% reliable with the 7 rounder, it was the 6 that gave me problems. Do you think I would have the same results with more of them? I want to get some extra mags and I know that some have problems with the 7's.

Thanks.

Sorry it took me so long to stop lurking.

issues with the 6 round mag??/U might want to review the kahr tech section andhit on propper prepping of ur kahr, there are some dandy rtips there to check out with all magazines to see if the follower is grbbing on the mag release button. a common problem it seems that is in house fixable in 5 minutes..

Sgt.K
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks. I did lots of research before buying and did the prep and checked/corrected the mags. I had a bad follower in the mag and replaced it. Also what was happening was that fat Gold Dot and the bad follower caused the slide to lock before feeding the 3rd round. I ended not liking the modification I did to the slide stop so I ordered another one when I did the follower. Still had to fit both of them but that wasn't a problem. It was worth it as I really like this gun. If I wasn't determined to shoot just a specific SD round I would have probably not had any problem and a new 6 round mag may have solved it straight up. I base that on the fact that I have had zero issues with the 7 rounder. Some times you just over think things.

gm412
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Which ankle holster do you use?

Bawanna
08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Which ankle holster do you use?

I used a Galco Ankle Glove? The one with a leather holster attached, not the generic all neoprene one. Can't remember the names.
Used that till I put a CT laser on it, then got one from Kahrshop. I think it's Gould and Goodrich, very similar to the Galco. Only place I could find one that acomodated the laser.

Sgt.K
08-29-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm using one similar to this.

http://on-target-gun-forums.4665599.n2.nabble.com/file/n6046482/ankle_holster1.jpg

I really like it. I wear it with a tube sock but I've also modified it by cutting up one of the fur wraps for a seat belt and lining it. I've also extended the strap for a quicker release (unlike the photo it Velcros on the outside). The ones that have an actual holster on them seem to me to be just too big for my liking.

Bawanna
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I like being able to reholster with one hand. I also like a positive thumb snap break as opposed to velcro.

The beauty of your style is it will fit several different guns.

They do appear large but with the gun in place no larger either way really.

It's really not an ideal location for a primary weapon but sometimes it's all that works. It fills a back up roll for me.

I figure in a wheelchair I can go into my tucked please don't hurt me posture which puts me in perfect position for an ankle draw.

That's my plan anyhow, weak as it is.

Ikeo74
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
I just love it when a Kahr owner loves his gun so much it becomes his dedicated carry gun. I have done that too, but with a CM9. That gun impressed me so much I just had to buy the model that inspired both the CM9 and the PM9. So I bought a MK9 and it has been perfect in every way. I bought it for belt carry concealed and home protection and it has filled the role very nicely. I still have my CM9 for pocket carry.

JERRY
08-29-2012, 01:53 PM
for light weight guns the apache or renegades i think theyre called now work great. its like a spandex tube with a hole at the top so it fits different guns equally well. they are very minimal in size as well.