PDA

View Full Version : No defense against this.

Dietrich
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I live in a more or less blue collar town in North Carolina.A nice neighborhood with good neighbors but nothing fancy.A couple of years ago,a young Mexican family moved in two doors over in my cul-de-sac.Great people.He speaks English well but his wife does not.Still,we wave to each other and their three children come over to play with my dogs and to get juice boxes and cookies.Last week,the youngest little girl turned 4 years old.As she is home with her mother most of the time,she doesn`t understand English either but we still manage to play little games. Well,I had gone to Wal Mart and bought a little doll as a birthday present for her and she got it at her party last Saturday.I had forgotten about it but evidently she had not.I was out in the yard doing some raking this afternoon when I felt a tug on my pants leg.When I turned around and saw her,she was smiling up at me.Then she handed me the Hershey Kiss that she had brought for me. I would not take a thousand dollars for that little piece of chocolate,and I have no defense for those soft,liquid eyes that smiled at me.I`ve never been so touched in my life.

swampman
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I live in a more or less blue collar town in North Carolina.A nice neighborhood with good neighbors but nothing fancy.A couple of years ago,a young Mexican family moved in two doors over in my cul-de-sac.Great people.He speaks English well but his wife does not.Still,we wave to each other and their three children come over to play with my dogs and to get juice boxes and cookies.Last week,the youngest little girl turned 4 years old.As she is home with her mother most of the time,she doesn`t understand English either but we still manage to play little games. Well,I had gone to Wal Mart and bought a little doll as a birthday present for her and she got it at her party last Saturday.I had forgotten about it but evidently she had not.I was out in the yard doing some raking this afternoon when I felt a tug on my pants leg.When I turned around and saw her,she was smiling up at me.Then she handed me the Hershey Kiss that she had brought for me. I would not take a thousand dollars for that little piece of chocolate,and I have no defense for those soft,liquid eyes that smiled at me.I`ve never been so touched in my life.
you are a great american,and a good man:)

jocko
03-06-2010, 05:29 PM
gosh, gueez, now I have to change my entire opinion of Dietrich!!!!

swampman
03-06-2010, 05:36 PM
gosh, gueez, now I have to change my entire opinion of Dietrich!!!!
who knew :)

Bawanna
03-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Genuine all american good guy for sure.

Vinikahr
03-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Kudos and good karma!:cheer2::hippie:

Bawanna
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
No doubt not as meaningful as hers but heres another for you. I covered up my eyes so I wouldn't be recognized.
Ryoung, go to the corner and stay there till I tell you to come out, we're having a tender moment here. Ok that's long enough, you can come out now.

swampman
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
No doubt not as meaningful as hers but heres another for you. I covered up my eyes so I wouldn't be recognized.
Ryoung, go to the corner and stay there till I tell you to come out, we're having a tender moment here. Ok that's long enough, you can come out now.
ryoung is always showing his butt:eek:

Raoul
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
So our lesson here is people are just people.
Sorry...having a zen moment.

Bawanna
03-06-2010, 08:13 PM
warning................this just in...........................
Incidents of illegal aliens dipping jalapeno peppers in chocolate, wrapping them in foil, and passing them off as hershey kisses !!!!!

They look & smell delicious...........until you pop them in your mouth & you head catches on fire...................................

:hungry::target::target::target::31:

jfrey
03-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Rewards like you described are the reasons I still teach school after 15 years of putting up with bad kids and low pay. Once in a while, it makes it all worth while.

wyntrout
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Dang! I woulda thunk Dietrich offered little girls candy!
Wynn:D

Jes' jokin'.:blushing: I have a sensitive side, too, but that other side, though smaller, can't keep quiet!

I can appreciate how touching that was, and didn't mean to lessen how great the feeling you must have experienced -- really!:blushing:

Wynn:)

Armybrat
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
That was a great moment of humanity.

One of the little things that makes life worth living.

zena
03-07-2010, 05:45 PM
warning................this just in...........................
Incidents of illegal aliens dipping jalapeno peppers in chocolate, wrapping them in foil, and passing them off as hershey kisses !!!!!

They look & smell delicious...........until you pop them in your mouth & you head catches on fire...................................

I LOVE peppers and chocolate....two amazing taste experiences put together!:target::target: