PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from thetmanski?

les strat
09-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I knew he was going in for quad bypass. Just wondering if all is well and if anyone had heard from him. He's a really cool guy, and we have shared many PM's concerning guns, guitars & amps, and music over the last few months.

Hey themanski, we're thinkin about ya :)

Bawanna
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14616

I'll let him give the details but he's out. They ended up doing a double not a quad.

He reported in on the above thread. He's due for another check in. Curious myself.

les strat
09-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Great to hear!

muggsy
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Good to hear that his surgery was a success. Take your time, Ski and heal well.

jocko
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
keep us posted great one. Just sayin. He is a super nice guy..

AIRret
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Well the prayers paid off!

CJB
09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
crap... I didn't know... I hope he's doin ok.

just found out a friend of mine developed a tear in the middle of his heart ... two mini strokes... now open heart operation... open as in WIDE OPEN.... he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving... jeeze

chrish
09-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Glad the surgery went better than planned, hope to hear from him again soon. Thanks for the news and update!

jocko
09-07-2012, 05:52 AM
crap... I didn't know... I hope he's doin ok.

just found out a friend of mine developed a tear in the middle of his heart ... two mini strokes... now open heart operation... open as in WIDE OPEN.... he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving... jeeze

as I live every day by trying to remember "yesterdeay" and giving little thought to tomorrow. Hope ur friend pulls through CJB...

PattayaPistol
09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
CJB, prayers for your friend's successful surgery.

Also, looking forward to seeing the themanski back on the forum.

Cheers
PP

ltxi
09-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I consider every day since mid 1968 an unexpected, unearned, and unwarranted gift from God; and I gratefully continue to live every moment with appreciation and no expectation there will be another.

Prayers to our friends and our friend's friends undergoing repair. And, while I'm at, remembrance for one in particular who didn't make it....Dietrich.

CJB
09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Speedy recovery wishes out to Thetmanski, who has certainly been thru a lot.

My friend "Zim" would otherwise look the picture of health for a 50 year old guy. He's lean n mean lookin, muscular... does work hard physically every day. Docs said he had a hole in his heart but it got worse, looks like it was torn? They found it when trying to find out why he was having the TSA's. Its the upper part of his heart... so there's "used" blood going to the rest of his body instead of his lungs, and "oxygenated" blood, recirculating back to his lungs for no good reason. His overall good health is in his favor.

We joked - he shouldn't have gotten circumcised... he'd have something to use as a patch!~ I guess we'll know Monday sometime if the surgery went ok. Its supposed to be either short, and non invasive, or failing that, very long, and as invasive as it gets... with a repaired heart, and a pacemaker (due to the nerves cut in the operation).

JFootin
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, I know we heard from Tom after he left the hospital, but nothing in the last several days. I hope he is alright.

Planedude
09-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Thinking good thoughts, waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Hope your good Tom.

TheTman
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi all, thanks for all the well wishes. It did end up being a double bypass. I guess the other blockage was not bad enought to bypass. Things are going pretty well, healing up ok I guess. Go see my GP Doc on Tuesday, hopefully I can go home and live by my self after that. Biggest gripe is not being able to drive, I guess in case of an accident they dont want the steering wheel crushing my chest until it grows back together some. Also hope i can talk the Doc into taking the cast off my arm early. It is getting real old to deal with. it's been over 6 weeks since I broke my wrist, i imagine the bones are going to be healed up best they can now. If not remove it entirely, maybe cut it in half so I can shower without it, then tape it back on. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tinman507
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Tom,

Glad you're coming along. Hope you feel better soon!

LorenzoB
09-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Glad you're back!

les strat
09-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi all, thanks for all the well wishes. It did end up being a double bypass. I guess the other blockage was not bad enought to bypass. Things are going pretty well, healing up ok I guess. Go see my GP Doc on Tuesday, hopefully I can go home and live by my self after that. Biggest gripe is not being able to drive, I guess in case of an accident they dont want the steering wheel crushing my chest until it grows back together some. Also hope i can talk the Doc into taking the cast off my arm early. It is getting real old to deal with. it's been over 6 weeks since I broke my wrist, i imagine the bones are going to be healed up best they can now. If not remove it entirely, maybe cut it in half so I can shower without it, then tape it back on. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hard to play a guitar with a frikkin cast on!

I remember when I busted my arm up in a 3-wheeler wreck way back when. i wanted to run a coat hanger doen that thing and scratch the daylights out of it. By the time I got it off, my arm was half the size of the other one from not being able to bend it. It was long overdue for a shower to sasy the least :emptybath:

I'm glad you are doing good! Hope to hear more good progress.:)

Armybrat
09-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Glad you're on the mend, but just take it easy.

Sage
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Welcome back. How did it feel to cough that first day?

getsome
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Glad you are back with us there Thetman, Hope the healing process is going well and we look forward to you being back here with the other kids at the Kahrtalk peanut gallery...