PDA

View Full Version : Politics: a Reminder

johnh
07-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Gang,

Just a reminder that our policy on political posts is that they must be either RKBA related, or about anti-gun politicians. I feel that the later are fair game on any issue as their failure to support the Second Amendment is typically just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their lack of respect for the Constitution. Other political posts do not belong on the forum. The topics may be interesting, but it does not help the atmosphere here to have constant bickering. There are other places online for such discussion.

Thank you!

John

Snidely Whiplash
07-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you, John.

I am an independent constitutional conservative who is involved in both Texas and national politics up to my eyeballs.

Occasionally, I am tempted - and once or twice - succumbed to posting a reply to a political posting on KahrTalk. I wish I hadn't done so.

Politics can easily become all-consuming and, at times, it has for me. I need time away from dealing with it.

I wholeheartedly support your position regarding politics on KahrTalk.

Snidely

PYROhafe
07-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I love this place! :D

yqtszhj
07-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Keep um straight John :)

jocko
11-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Gang,

Just a reminder that our policy on political posts is that they must be either RKBA related, or about anti-gun politicians. I feel that the later are fair game on any issue as their failure to support the Second Amendment is typically just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their lack of respect for the Constitution. Other political posts do not belong on the forum. The topics may be interesting, but it does not help the atmosphere here to have constant bickering. There are other places online for such discussion.

Thank you!

John

I be wrong in sayin Obummer is fair game then???

SlowBurn
10-19-2013, 03:47 AM
...our policy on political posts is that they must be either RKBA related, or about anti-gun politicians. I feel that the later are fair game on any issue...

"Fair game" -hmmm. Interesting metaphor.

Anyway, as a newb I get the point, and support it too.