PDA

View Full Version : So far so good cw45 honeymoon

doolan
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Hello all from a new member of a great forum! It appears maybe just luck of the draw whether one gets a winner or problem piece (don't know what that says about Kahr's recent quality control). Just put 100 rds WWbox problem free through my CW45 after following recommendations from the guys here. Blew out the firing channel with 3M brakecleaner, general lube Militec w/ hairdryer, etc.. Found that using a relaxed comfortable hold rather than a death grip (as some gun reviewer said was necessary with this piece) produced great groups. Recleaned it and will put another 100 through before trying some HP's. I've had a steel K9 since they first came out and will never sell, and swore I'd never buy their poly guns. But this one fits in the same Unc Mikes IWB and will be the preferred carry if further testing qualifies.
Very optimistic right now, great trigger and not punishing with Handall Jr installed to cover prickly grip. Are we allowed to recommend dealers? If someone is hesitant about a particular piece, I bought mine from GunGenie at Davidson's, delivered to their associate dealer overnight. Earlier got a Taurus 24/7 through them which had problems. Rather than me having to send back to Taurus, Davidson's RMA'd back through my dealer and sent a new one which works fine. Lifetime replacement guarantee they say. These guys are very helpful over phone, and they FOLLOW THROUGH!

In-Yo-Grill
03-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the sight. Great to here the CW45 worked out for you. I also carry my P45 in a Uncle Mikes IWB holster. You know we really like to see pics or..."it didn't happen"...lol So get to work.

jocko
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
maybe your pre prep of ur 45 helped to. Nice job, Kahrs are not a troublesome gun either, you just read about the negatives more on a webb site than positives. That is with any product webb site chat line. Looks likeyou did your homework on this forum to about helpful tips. to me a good sign of a responsible shooter to..

Vinikahr
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the Board.
Glad that you had a positive experience.
Pics will be good!

TheSorb
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
...GunGenie at Davidson's...Lifetime replacement guarantee they say. These guys are very helpful over phone, and they FOLLOW THROUGH!

Sounds promising...thanks for the recommendation!;)

doolan
03-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Is it expected that everyone show their new gun? OK, I also lust after beautiful modified 1911's etc., so going to give it a try. The trimmed Handall Jr is off my PF9 temporarily till I can get a new one. No gun has ever felt better in hand than my K9 but the Jr is making things better on CW. Has anyone managed to sand or otherwise successfully remove the finger notches on a Handall without ruining it (doesn't have to look perfect)?
Thanks for the feedback! Just hope my experience so far gives Winston faith in Kahr getting his up to spec, because others seem to have good outcome also. OK, here goes.......hope it works!

Vinikahr
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Is it expected that everyone show their new gun? OK, I also lust after beautiful modified 1911's etc., so going to give it a try. The trimmed Handall Jr is off my PF9 temporarily till I can get a new one. No gun has ever felt better in hand than my K9 but the Jr is making things better on CW. Has anyone managed to sand or otherwise successfully remove the finger notches on a Handall without ruining it (doesn't have to look perfect)?
Thanks for the feedback! Just hope my experience so far gives Winston faith in Kahr getting his up to spec, because others seem to have good outcome also. OK, here goes.......hope it works!

You should or it never happen!:eek:

In-Yo-Grill
03-09-2010, 06:42 AM

Consider this site the Mardi-Gras of Kahrs. You have to "flash" your gun before you get any attention...:19:

doolan
03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
After cleaning put another 100 rds WWBox and 6 each of WIN LE RA45T, CORBON DPX 160 GR AND CORBON 185 GR with zero malfunction. This is a keeper and ergonomic just like my K9. Don't believe anyone who says this gun is difficult to shoot.

WinstonRomeo
03-10-2010, 07:07 AM
To suggest that a shooter that has problems with a particular gun is less than responsible is not OK. Before I shoot any gun that I first acquire I give it a thorough cleaning, lube, and inspection; that's something that I picked up in the USMC many moons ago. This particular P45 is the only gun that has given me that level of problems. My history with Kahrs do indicate that they require the 200 round breakin minimum. My P380 didn't start running well until the 150 round mark and my P9 ran well right from the beginning.