PDA

View Full Version : My first "Accidental Discharge" today

Scoundrel
09-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I was carrying my Kershaw SpeedSafe across the room in the folded position, and I stumbled and dropped it.

When it hit the floor, the blade SPRANG open.

I'm just glad my foot was nowhere near it and nobody was hurt.

340pd
09-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I reached into my back jeans pocket and found my speedsafe Kershaw Leek, carried tip up, was open Lots of band aids. Speedsafe my ass, literally.
My last assisted opener.

Cyterio
09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
I have the Kershaw Onion, I too had mine come open in my front pocket and cut my hand. I now keep the lock engaged all the time.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

chrish
09-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Knives scare the livin' crap out of me! I have NEVER liked them. The mere thought of a severe cut or being on the receiving end of an intentional or accidental use of a blade almost requires smelling salts for me. Yea, I use them. Yea, I carry one. I have no idea why they bother me so much, always have. Maybe I'm just being a little girl about it. But I'd much prefer to be shot than stabbed or cut up in a knife fight. It's probably the biggest reason I carry, is to hopefully be able to defend against some knife carrying punk.

wyntrout
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I clip my F.A.S.T. Draw Gerber inside my front left(Backup) or right rear(BX carry-no pistol!) pockets on my shorts or jeans and have had no problems. The blade needs to be opened almost 30 degrees before the assist kicks it open. I never use the safety, but sometimes the danged thing is locked when I pull the knife out to open it.

Sometimes the worst thing you can do is try to catch a knife if it starts falling!:eek: The best thing would be to NOT be under the thing!

Wynn:)

gunmut
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I have the Kershaw Onion, I too had mine come open in my front pocket and cut my hand. I now keep the lock engaged all the time.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
I have cut a nice hole in my jeans with my Kershaw Onion. Reached down and stabbed my hand on the point sticking out of my jeans!!. Still like the knife but don't use the clip anymore.
My kids think I am a lot more with it now that I have a hole in my jeans??

jlottmc
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I dropped a Smith and Wesson knife the other day on the floor board of my truck, reached down without looking and well I almost needed stitches. Yes, I keep my blades sharp. Thing had opened up when it hit the ground, so they all do that at some point. I also find that I prefer tip up carry more and more these days, I have many a pair of pants with a hole in the left front pocket.

jocko
09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I do to but not from a knife hole. Just sayin

downtownv
09-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I dropped a Smith and Wesson knife the other day on the floor board of my truck, reached down without looking and well I almost needed stitches. Yes, I keep my blades sharp. Thing had opened up when it hit the ground, so they all do that at some point. I also find that I prefer tip up carry more and more these days, I have many a pair of pants with a hole in the left front pocket.
Careful I read about this happening from the Russian Author Ivan Cuturcockoff!:19:

I carry a Pro-Tech the most powerful recoil, I''ve ever felt on an auto knife!

Brend Auto #3 (medium)

This mid size piece is the perfect companion to our Brend #1 (Large) and Brend #2 (Small) Auto knife series. Available in a great many variations, the Medium Brend Auto is a great new addition to our line of knives. Super slender, lightweight, and awesome 3.75” Brend designed blade = cutting power! Each Brend #3 Auto is fitted with a stainless pocket clip for tip up carry. Hold on tight, this one has INCREDIBLE Coil Spring Action!